Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont expect release at Spring, expect delay ...

WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Hello guys :)

Two of my local game sellers did change release date from spring to autumn ... Owner of one of them even replyed to question, why .. ''Developer doesnt have release date yet but he told us that release should happen during these months (autumn months)''

Feaking awesome

Just wanted to share info and how much I am sick of waiting tbh. Atleast now I have no problém buying TESO even if its not the best one for me :D

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

Two of my local game sellers did change release date from spring to autumn ... Owner of one of them even replyed to question, why .. ''Developer doesnt have release date yet but he told us that release should happen during these months (autumn months)''

Feaking awesome

Just wanted to share info and how much I am sick of waiting tbh.

Sorry but retailers dont have some secret insight the rest of us dont, they guess just like everyone else, and Carbine said just a few weeks back that they are on track for a spring release.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Moodsor

Feaking awesome

Sorry but retailers dont have some secret insight the rest of us dont, they guess just like everyone else, and Carbine said just a few weeks back that they are on track for a spring release.

Well I hope your are right ... But there are no signs of release any time soon from Carbine other than ''We are still on track for spring release'' .. and we already saw that delayed many many times, from many games :) If they do not reveal release date any time soon I dont see that happening, so I am now rather prepaired for letter with: ''We are delaying release to autumn so the game is polished for you as much as possible.''

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Moodsor

Feaking awesome

Well I hope your are right ... But there are no signs of release from Carbine other than track for spring release .. and we already got that delays many times with many games :) If they do not reveal release date any time soon I dont see it happening

ArenaNet another NCsoft company announced their releasedate 2 months before they released GW2, Spring runs till May, they have plenty of time.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I've been in the beta for this for a few months now.  This won't release until summer or fall, they are still overhauling some systems.
  • SWGbestevaSWGbesteva Member Posts: 10
    Spring runs until the summer solstice, around june 20-21 or so
  • Cures80Cures80 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    id not expect anything from wildstar tbh. i uninstalled the beta already.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Cures80

Well then, if you get extra key, send it to me then :)

I am one of those who cant wait for Wildstar at all

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I would not put much stock in those sellers.  Just saying... ahem. Not that I know otherwise, or anything. Cough.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    I would not put much stock in those sellers.  Just saying... ahem. Not that I know otherwise, or anything. Cough.

Geez Bill, you really should get that cough looked at. Either that or just work from home. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Can I have your beta account then? ^^ 

Honestly I'm sick of all these MMOs trying to "reinvite" the genre. I just want a fun MMO with quests and stuff. 

• kamiyadorikamiyadori Member Posts: 14

After reviewing your post history I can confirm you are nothing more then a ESO fanboy, who is willing to hate on any game that has the potential and will take players from your favorite game. No one believes you received a beta key. 

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Feaking awesome

Just wanted to share info and how much I am sick of waiting tbh. Atleast now I have no problém buying TESO even if its not the best one for me :D

Yes...because a developer actually talked to a minimum wage Gamestop employee.....because he/she knows the developer directly and got that info, huh?

Gamestop's release dates are about as reliable as driving over a bridge entirely made of toothpicks.   Until the developer actually gives a release date, then there isn't going to be one at all.  So...bull.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Just throwing it out there, but Wildstar is in stress test now, which should put it on a similar release timeline as ESO...... Unless they are doing their whole release process backwards, in which case it should be done as soon as they're through with their Alpha testing. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    With ESO coming soon I really hope Wildstar is at least a little ways off from that. Did just get a stress test invite so I am stoked about trying it finally.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Just throwing it out there, but Wildstar is in stress test now, which should put it on a similar release timeline as ESO....

Well there have been stress tests since November of last year that I know of, maybe even further, so I don't know what you're trying to say...

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Feaking awesome

Yes...because a developer actually talked to a minimum wage Gamestop employee.....because he/she knows the developer directly and got that info, huh?

Gamestop's release dates are about as reliable as driving over a bridge entirely made of toothpicks.   Until the developer actually gives a release date, then there isn't going to be one at all.  So...bull.

I've had a higher percentage of success with that than you would think..... driving over a bridge made of toothpicks that is. HA!

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Hello guys :)Two of my local game sellers did change release date from spring to autumn ... Owner of one of them even replyed to question, why .. ''Developer doesnt have release date yet but he told us that release should happen during these months (autumn months)'' Feaking awesomeJust wanted to share info and how much I am sick of waiting tbh. Atleast now I have no problém buying TESO even if its not the best one for me :D

Im sorrrrrryyyy but WTFBBQ STOP TRYING TO CRUSH MY DREAMS. You can now leave through the door OVER THERE >>>>>

• OrbaliskBaneOrbaliskBane Member UncommonPosts: 13

I love people like you...Always have to put their 2 sense.. "I unstalled the beta already" Who gives a shit...Stop coming to the page on here. Go away.

• RoweinRowein Member Posts: 44

I would love it if they polished the game all the way prior to release. I hate buying unfinished goods. I am putting a lot of hope in to this one. A non-fantasy MMO has been on my wish list forever.

Rowein

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Some fun, interesting facts that show that they're getting very close to launch:

• -The ramped up beta invites that they've been doing every Monday, on top of the many community key giveaways.

• -The huge Stress Test starting this weekend (that they've openly admitted to).

• That most content has been revealed and/or shown

With the up of the level cap, as the developers have stated, they're now in a position to announce a release date once that content is tested (give it 1 month or so).   With a release date announced in a month, and them having about 1 month Open Beta, then think that the game will release some time late May to mid June at the latest.  

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

ive been in alot of betas and yes im in wildstars and can say its pretty polished already but i can see it being released late spring early summer to make sure all the bugs are worked out its a great game. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Honestly if you have played GW2 you have played wildstar. 

Just a spaceage version of the same game.

Think about the time frames, quality, and entertainment value, and customer retention of one  of one and you get a mirror of the  other.

I was a fanboy at one point, but now the game has slid right off my must have list to my enn maybe as a one day a week game list.

Originally posted by natuxatu

Can I have your beta account then? ^^ 

Honestly I'm sick of all these MMOs trying to "reinvite" the genre. I just want a fun MMO with quests and stuff. 

problem with that is that it's tied into our NC accounts so doubtful anyone is going to give you access to their NC account with whatever other games they have and their personal informations and credit card numbers.

Originally posted by kamiyadori

After reviewing your post history I can confirm you are nothing more then a ESO fanboy, who is willing to hate on any game that has the potential and will take players from your favorite game. No one believes you received a beta key. 

Actually he is right along with my feelings and the feelings of every friend I've shared a key with.

Maybe it just got boring after being in beta over a year, but all of the people I have brought in over that year have already given up on the beta and decided they can pass.

Not that it is a horrible game at all, in fact its an amazingly casual game, problem is NC already has that game.

It's ok to be a fanboy and all that, but if you are still playing 2 months after release I'll be amazed.