Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter: Help Us Finish the Job

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 21,452 Epic

Red Hook Studios, developers of Darkest Dungeon, a single-player roguelike RPG that has been in development for the preceding nine months, has launched a KickStarter initiative to raise $75,000 to help finish the job. Darkest Dungeon sets itself apart from the typical dungeon crawler by featuring psychological effects on the team that adventures forth.

FEATURES:

The Affliction System – heroes' personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks

Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style

Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters

Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay

A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!

Town meta-game – tend to your heroes wounds, both corporeal and cerebral

Loot! Gold, jewels, heirlooms, and mystical trinkets. Not to mention upgradable armor, weapons, and consumable supplies.

Things That Once Seen Can Never Be Unseen... 

Head to the Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter page for more information.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshMember Posts: 6,037 Uncommon
    They do have tactical camping... hmm.
  • DakirnDakirn Kansas City, MOMember Posts: 374 Uncommon

I'm kind of confused.. where's the MMO in this? It's a single player RPG.

Sigh.

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member Posts: 3,055 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dakirn
    I'm kind of confused.. where's the MMO in this? It's a single player RPG.   Sigh.

Uhm, it's in general discussion which is for non-mmo related content and it even states that it's a single player RPG.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Columbus, OHMember Posts: 1,565 Rare

It's like H.P. Lovecraft designed a dungeon crawler...

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing's happening!

Even without the Lovecraftian influence, I'm liking the idea of delving deep into dark, dank ruins infested with undead & aberrations actually having a psychological effect on the player's party. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

So let me get this straight: It's greedy to want to keep the money you've earned, but it's NOT greedy to want to take money that somebody else earned away from them? Only the left wing could come up with that kind of insane troll logic. It's got the stamp of their common core all over it. 

• NadiaNadia Topsham, MaineMember Posts: 11,866 Uncommon
    looks appealing to me - thanks for info image
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember Posts: 2,923 Uncommon
    This actually looks really cool, originally I thought "oh great another kickstarter plug" but seriously thank you for providing this link, I have something new to look forward to.
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 21,452 Epic
    You are most welcome and thank YOU all for appreciating the fact that, as MMO players, many of us also love the single player side of the RPG as well. :)