Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter: Help Us Finish the Job

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,626MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Red Hook Studios, developers of Darkest Dungeon, a single-player roguelike RPG that has been in development for the preceding nine months, has launched a KickStarter initiative to raise $75,000 to help finish the job. Darkest Dungeon sets itself apart from the typical dungeon crawler by featuring psychological effects on the team that adventures forth.

• The Affliction System – heroes' personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks

• Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style

• Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters

• Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay

• A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!

• Town meta-game – tend to your heroes wounds, both corporeal and cerebral

• Loot! Gold, jewels, heirlooms, and mystical trinkets. Not to mention upgradable armor, weapons, and consumable supplies.

• Things That Once Seen Can Never Be Unseen... 

Head to the Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter page for more information.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,614Member Uncommon
    They do have tactical camping... hmm.
  • DakirnDakirn Kansas City, MOPosts: 374Member Uncommon

I'm kind of confused.. where's the MMO in this? It's a single player RPG.

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Posts: 2,943Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dakirn

I'm kind of confused.. where's the MMO in this? It's a single player RPG.

Uhm, it's in general discussion which is for non-mmo related content and it even states that it's a single player RPG.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Columbus, OHPosts: 982Member Uncommon

It's like H.P. Lovecraft designed a dungeon crawler...

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing's happening!

Even without the Lovecraftian influence, I'm liking the idea of delving deep into dark, dank ruins infested with undead & aberrations actually having a psychological effect on the player's party. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

Jeff Strain and Undead Labs have stolen money from people who supported their game, Moonrise. They have no respect for their customers whatsoever, and are not deserving of any further support by either gamers or the gaming press. They are liars and thieves, period, and if they were in any other industry they'd be under investigation for fraud. DO NOT SUPPORT JEFF STRAIN OR UNDEAD LABS!!

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    looks appealing to me - thanks for info image
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,458Member Uncommon
    This actually looks really cool, originally I thought "oh great another kickstarter plug" but seriously thank you for providing this link, I have something new to look forward to.
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The Land of AZPosts: 17,626MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    You are most welcome and thank YOU all for appreciating the fact that, as MMO players, many of us also love the single player side of the RPG as well. :)

Associate Editor:
    Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom