Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: World of Speed Revealed by Slightly Mad Studios

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Slightly Mad Studios has lifted the cover off its action-racing MMO, World of Speed. The team has released a new video to show off the game in action and shows off racing locations from Moscow to London and more. According to press information, the game will allow interconnected players to "team up and compete in an ever-expanding number of gameplay modes where completing team-based objectives determines the victor."

Find out more about the game on the World of Speed site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    A clear sign that this genre is more about the money now than the actual experience is the assembly line production of games that capitalize on previous popular game titles, the most popular being of course WoW. World of this, world of that. Something that can end in Craft. Age of this and that. There isn't much innovation going on.. Or perhaps it just me who's getting older.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    This is probably more about Need For Speed than WoW. Still, at least the game looks decent.
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    If it was anything like the gameplay of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, they might have a potential gem...
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    This is probably more about Need For Speed than WoW. Still, at least the game looks decent.

Lol, they've managed to conflate two iconic game series in this title...

World of Warcraft + Need for Speed = World of Speed 

Voila !

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well... I guess they can give it a shot but if not even EA can find a way to make money of one of the worlds most established racing brands.. Twice... I don´t give these guys much of a chance.

As for cars.. expect it to be slow as syrup on a cold day. NFS:W cheated by lifting the car models from other NFS games and just tweaking them a bit for NSF:W.

Now if a real studio with actual money would take another stab at a MotorCity Online type game. That could be fun.

This have been a good conversation

• TheWiseWolfTheWiseWolf Member Posts: 7

in my personal oppinion this game looks (gameplay wise) below average

it doesnt look original and even the name is unoriginal

im going to have to say no to this one