Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think zenimaz will do after all that mixed reviews?

Hi everyone I just wanted to know your speculation about what zenimax is going to do after all these mixed reviews.

Do you think they are going to fix the things that made some players go nuts or do you think that they will leave everything as it is on launch.

One of the things that really pissed me a bit is the bad animations on combat etc that dont feel smooth.

I think that this is not going to be fixed at launch

Comments

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

Cancel the game obviously.

On a serious note, nothing. It's too late to make any major changes to the game.

Besides as they say. Haters gone hate.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

They better listen to players other wise game will not last much. But still they must listen to good things.

I don't want they to start quest nerfs or dumb stuff. Immersion and quality changes. Also graphic improvment.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Look at their bank balance and realise that people are more inclined to talk about something they don't like than something they do.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • coventryhagdogcoventryhagdog Member Posts: 85
    They will continue as planned, then probably lay off most of their people until the game converges to F2P/B2P like with TSW.
  • Cures80Cures80 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    they dont have to do anything as they know that the real heart of the game wasnt reviewed yet: RvR. everything else will be topping.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    change their name to zenimaz like the title of your thread and re-launch.  no one will know it's them.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    They aren't going to do anything. It doesn't matter how bad people think the game is, they have queues of more than a couple hours almost all weekend so the demand was obviously at or higher than their expectation.  They are going to sell a lot of copies, make a lot of money doing so and then decide from there what they are going to do to keep people playing, which will most likely have to do with developing RvR more as that was always the biggest focus of the game.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    If it does end up being a PvP focused Elder Scrolls game that will be the only problem I have with it. :/

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Torcip
    They aren't going to do anything. It doesn't matter how bad people think the game is, they have queues of more than a couple hours almost all weekend so the demand was obviously at or higher than their expectation.  They are going to sell a lot of copies, make a lot of money doing so and then decide from there what they are going to do to keep people playing, which will most likely have to do with developing RvR more as that was always the biggest focus of the game.

They knew exactly how many people were in the closed beta though. That doesn't make any sense that they didn't expect the "demand".

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

We are talking about a big company here all things considered, so they will probably just follow some plan they have. Also like already said, you cant work wonders in 2 months, there's a chance that some of the things will get better before the launch but there wont be no sweeping changes or improvements.

They have their hands full squishing bugs and improving the servers to reduce login times and crashes, etc. They might prioritize some of the feedback so who knows, with a little luck there might be a tad better tweaked animations or something. Open beta is pretty much the release version so when that happens we know how the game looks entirely at launch.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Nothing.

Oh yeah they will laugh histerically as the numbers of the preorder will skyrocket

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Personally I'd never play an Imperial but they should make it free for everyone and also for those who did not pre-order as a cross-alliance race.

Also as many are complaining about subscription reducing it to 10 usd / 7 eur / 5 pounds would generate extra sales of boxes. I have pre-ordered and I'm not bashing the game but let's be honest - it looks a bit like a cash grab, especially paywalling content in a subscription based MMO.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

There's nothing they can do. They don't have time to rewrite anything major before the game launches. They'll just have to try to fix as many bugs as possible, add some polish, try to finish what's unfinished, and launch it as it is.

Larger overhauls will have to wait until their first expansion or Fallout Online, whichever they choose to focus on.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I doubt they'll do anything significant other than nod sagely and mutter things like: "Hmmm... Good point, we'll look into that..."

It's too late to change anything major, small tweaks may happen, but WYSIWYG applies.

I suspect that the game will either be surprisingly successful or a dismal failure. If it does not crash soon after take-off, it may well have a long and increasingly pleasant flight. Word-of-mouth and YouTube will make or break it. Unlike StarWars, the IP does not transcend the world of gaming, so there's no extended audience to rope-in over time, no movie or TV series tie-ins, etc.

After 3 days of beta animation don't bother you any more  also are much better of big muscular characters.

What hurts my eyes now is LOW texture on ultra setting graphic suck they need 5 ~ 10 graphical mods and game will be perfect  and bug fixing

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by RelGn

Hi everyone I just wanted to know your speculation about what zenimax is going to do after all these mixed reviews.

Do you think they are going to fix the things that made some players go nuts or do you think that they will leave everything as it is on launch.

One of the things that really pissed me a bit is the bad animations on combat etc that dont feel smooth.

I think that this is not going to be fixed at launch

Hmmm... what do I think Zenimax is going to do...  I believe they will continue to bug patch and release on 4/4 like they planned. Right around 6 months post-launch, Zenimax will announce the game will go B2P with some sort of cash store (not sure how long after that before they can implement).  As a MMO, it may flop but possibly as a Skyrim-online, it may succeed (albeit with a very small population). At least that's pretty much what I'm reading in the media previews.  

I'm bored as hell and nothing new that interests me has come out in well over 6 months so I'll probably sink a month or two into the game. My wife was a big Skyrim fan so she's looking forward to it. I'll give it a shot but if the previews are accurate, I won't be staying.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    The real Review for Zenimax is the feedback that  they have on the beta forums. What they gonna do?, work to fix all the bugs and problems found by the players. A review about a beta, under NDA, wont change anything. The strong point of TESO is the PvP, we dont have reviews about that yet.  
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Not a thing...except maybe change their name to zenimaz... I kinda like that one better.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Not a thing...except maybe change their name to zenimaz... I kinda like that one better.

lol

It was just a bad type :)

WVW is GREAT very realistic like medieval wars BUT there are few things that suck ball hard
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Give you the option to change your race and alliance each time you reach a new level.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

What do you think the over/under is before it goes F2P?

I am guessing before Month 6 it will be F2P.

I am torn if I want to pre order or not.  I had some minor bugs and some major bugs, I had a ton of fun and I got mad during the beta weekend.   I did enjoy my time in game but some of the bugs could be a huge turn off and a few things like the locked down class system that was not what I was expecting in Elder Scrolls that might turn me off all together.

What are others people thoughs ?

Sooner or Later

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Give you the option to change your race and alliance each time you reach a new level.

Give ?

Not bloody likely !

You'll most likely find that option amongst the "fun things" in the limited (*cough*) Cash Shop...

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Give ?

Not bloody likely !

You'll most likely find that option amongst the "fun things" in the limited (*cough*) Cash Shop...

We'll see on the cash shop.  I think they're in panic mode right now.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

I'm guessing they'll change the game into a GW2 - DAOC hybrid.  :-)