Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Yes or No at Launch Poll

Comments

• rhan101277rhan101277 Member UncommonPosts: 23

No one will enjoy the game unless you enjoy the lore.  That my friends is where the game grabs you and immerses you.  Don't just click through and run away, mindlessly questing.  The game slowly grabs you over time at first I wasn't interested but I slowed down and the 2nd and 3rd weekends the game continued to grow on me.  All these people wanting free this free that, everyone else has to pay bills to including developers that make the game.  Don't be so cheap.  Everyone acts like $60 +$15 monthly fee is going to put them on the streets.  If you are that bad off then you should not have any time to post anything about this game.

Don't listen to others and make a decision off of that, read for yourself and try it.  If you like it then it is for you.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Voted "on the fence" but only because I don't know if I have time before the end of April. Gonna play this game for sure anyway.

Edit: I actually just preordered digital standard for 42 eur which is a good price.

• CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186
    No. I would not play this game if it were free. As both a huge MMO gamer AND Elder Scrolls fan, I'm surprised they managed this, but here I am.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I'm there to level cap then I bunce to the next 

new shiny.  

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Mr_SneakymanMr_Sneakyman Member UncommonPosts: 43

Pass on ESO. The feedback from a friend/beta player nailed the coffin door shut for me. I also found the game play videos uninspiring. I'm going with Wildstar instead.

• aprilgogoaprilgogo Member Posts: 5
    Its a no from me. I cancelled my pre-order. 
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Playing the beta up until level 10 and the starter zones I would say no.  But once I got past that into the real world it changed my opinion a lot - so yes.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I ordered imperial physical edition for the statue

I may play for a month and see how the game goes

But usually mmos nowdays last between one to 2 months

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
     Going to wait for atleast 6 months or maybe more depends upon how things go. So no for me.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    l voted YES! The game grew on me the more l played it. Getting the CE. l been playing online games since UO, EQ, SWG, etc... back in the day you had to buy the game and pay a sub a month. So l don't mine at all, if is a game you really enjoy playing. Plus l don't like to jump from game to game. l like to play a game for a long time. l was still playing Vanguard until SOE announced they are killing the game this summer. l respect people's opinions, if is not your game, hey fine, good luck in your search for your perfect game.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Pellagren
    I am a no.  My biggest gripe with this game is that grouping seems almost an afterthought.  This is Skyrim with other people playing next to you, but not with you.  I play MMO's to group with friends and accomplish goals that cannot be done solo.  I am also not a fan of them having a box price, a monthly sub and still with aspects behind a pay wall (and I can more than easily afford the price...it's principle).

a big +1 on this ....not being able to complete quests as a group is a GAME KILLER

same +1

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    I'm going to wait until you all beta test this game for me *cough* pay and play for a year *cough* then I'll jump in and try it when it goes F2P.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I'm staying on the fence until the NDA comes down for everyone and I can get a better feel on a few things like the RVR.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

I will wait for six months to a year, and it will surely goes F2P before that, because it has nowhere near the level of content, the level of graphism and animations / assets that would pass an AAA game quality control, it's a very bland, and boring mmo for a subscription fee model, All these assets are already dated for the PAST gen, and we are already slowly entering in the next gen, this game is not "next gen" worthy material, and has little to no "elder scrolls" soul in it, it's just a very generic mmo carrying the dead corpse of a dumbed down skyrim, and it isn't even on par with skyrim graphics. 

The world feels cheap, the characters polycount also feels awfully cheap, even with armor on... i can't pay the full price for an half assed attempt from Zenimax to portray what elder scrolls would be in a mmorpg experience.

I was wanting some game like this, an elder scrolls mmo, a long time ago, but when i see it so poorly executed, i'm getting infuriated, any multiplayer mode for skyrim or morrowind would have been thousand time better than this. and more enjoyable too.

Now i know why bethesda never done any multiplayer mode for their games, they just want to cash in with this pile of crap when obviously, a multiplayer experience on skyrim or morrowind would have easily won over this, hands down.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by rhan101277

No one will enjoy the game unless you enjoy the lore.  That my friends is where the game grabs you and immerses you.  Don't just click through and run away, mindlessly questing.  The game slowly grabs you over time at first I wasn't interested but I slowed down and the 2nd and 3rd weekends the game continued to grow on me.  All these people wanting free this free that, everyone else has to pay bills to including developers that make the game.  Don't be so cheap.  Everyone acts like $60 +$15 monthly fee is going to put them on the streets.  If you are that bad off then you should not have any time to post anything about this game.

Don't listen to others and make a decision off of that, read for yourself and try it.  If you like it then it is for you.

Truth

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

No. 

Clunky mechanical nonsense.

I love B*th*sd* !!!

Sorry.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    yup, already bought the CE, anyone not playing this will miss out big time on a really well built game.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Yes. The beta test gave me enough to know that I would be able to put in at least three months or so experimenting with different builds and exploring the game.

It felt like what I wanted from GW2.

• cthompson23cthompson23 Member Posts: 6
    No way Jose! Free to play in 6 to 8 months time. I am calling it now and I will check it out when it goes free maybe. After playing in 3 beta weekends I am came to the conclusion that this is not worth $60 and a sub fee. Feels way too much like Star Wars TOR, I don't even care for the graphic engine they used for this game, something just doesnt look right.  I allready came to the conclusion that I will be purchasing WOW new expansion to experience Garrisons and new characters etc. I haven't played Wow in like 6 yrs and to be honest they hit the mark for what I was waiting for and thats the garrisons and of course the new player character graphics and animations look great. I love the Elder scrolls but just face it, it was made to be a single player experience not going to work as an MMO. 
  • primetheusprimetheus Member UncommonPosts: 28

just pre ordered my physical imperial edition beta came down just minuites ago and im already missing it  having played 2 chars to lvl 14 and 1 to lvl 12 1 of each faction

I have 743 hours played on skyrim

320 on oblivion and nearly the same on morrowind (steam figures)

so yes im an Elderscrolls fan and i love what they have done the lore is all there the places are all there . for those saying it single player blah you only play alone if you choose to i managed to be in a group nearly the whole 4 days and all of them were just random people .

I joined 3 guilds we did dungeon and raided the elite zones many times did umpteen anchors ect .

Al the people complaining about bugs and stuff either im the luckiest son bitch to ever play as i had 1 minor but were i had to reloadui and nothing else wrong every quest worked great had graphics on full ultimate and running at 1080p with average 48 fps normaly running around 60fps .

cya in game if your buying it if not ..well i wont see you in game and i fro 1 wont loose any sleep

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Probably not. Depends on Wildstar. If there is a definitive release date that is somewhat soonish then no chance. If the release is a bit further out than maybe, no resub though for sure. See the story, see the world, see you later.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Ender4

A resounding no. I'd probably play if it were free to play, I would not play if it were buy to play and I definitely won't has a buy to play with a sub. There are much better games out that I'd rather spend my money on.

So, no unless it's completely free to download, install and play?

There aren't many games like that out there, especially at launch.  And there are absolutely ZERO out there offering what TESO is offering.  So, good luck in your search.

Funny, we have no clue past server stress CAP (17?) what they are offering.  Anyone seen anything that was allowed to be posted under the NDA?

Edit:

But you are right I know of NO OTHER subscription based game that has an entire race behind a paywall at launch.

• kueykuey Member UncommonPosts: 39
    No for me, if it was a little cheaper I'd give it a go. But at the current price (not the monthly, but the initial cost) I'm gonna have to give it a pass.
  • I never answer questions like this 2 months out, ask 2 weeks out.  Anyone making excuses 2 weeks out at this stage in the genre needs some serious help. 

A lot changes in two months I have seen it often.  Sometimes it changes for the worse, sometimes the better, and sometimes it just changes.  But 2 months is definitely a timeframe in which I have seen many changes in a game.  Of course some games a so fundamentally crippled that 2 months is never gonna matter.  I have no idea if this game is like that.

Sometimes it radically alters the entire skill system and PvE balance 2 days before release on the first day of early access *cough* Champion Online *cough*

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Preordered the Physical IE from Gamestop last week. 

So, yes, I will be playing. I think the game has a lot of fleshing out to do if what I played in beta represents what we will see at launch. I am just able and willing to put my money towards that effort. 

And there is no such thing as Free To Play: To get everything I wanted from GW2 I spent ~$130 on the physical CE and approx. $100 a month on gems because I suck at farming for gold. In World of Warcraft I buy every boxed CE (~$70 every 1-2 years), every mount and pet I want (~$100 a year) and sub fees ($180 a year)...For me there is little to no difference on the impact of my budget between so-called F2P and subbed (except, for me, F2P ends up costing more).

So, yes, ..2014 I will be playing WoW:WoD, TSW, GW2, TESO, EQN, and EQN:L.  This year will be busy.