Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280
    It just feels too much like any other MMO on rails. To me that kills the Elder Scrolls experience, it's a nice game, reminds me a lot of SWOTOR, but I cant see myself forking out 60 bucks to 15/mo for a game that just missed the boat when it comes to the Elder Scrolls experience. 

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    The alliance wars are the main attraction for me. Until i experience them first hand(and they are at least as good as DAOC)...I will not buy this game.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    The alliance wars are the main attraction for me. Until i experience them first hand(and they are at least as good as DAOC)...I will not buy this game.

They re not. They can t be by design. Classes with determined roles, and the combat made what is DAOC. ESO tries, but to me fails miserably.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by SuperNick
    Originally posted by imagina

Will buy the game, when it will be cheaper, stops to travesty it's free to play real nature under a subscription and become honest with what it is, a good free to play experience, but a very bad, bland and boring game as a subscription model mmo, it has nowhere near the level of graphics, animations, and content required to be a subscription game, and yes, it comes from more than me playing twenty hours spent into the beta so far.

If Zenimax was honest with the state of the game as it is, they wouldn't ask for a subscription fee and should be ashamed for doing so.

Did you actually just say the game would be a good experience if it was free to play but currently since it's a sub game it's bad, bland and boring?

Are you another one of those "I secretly love this game but complaining may get me this for free" people?

Is it that subscription games aren't open to you and you're bitter about it?

You seem to have issues with the concept of worth. Havn't you ever heard people say they will wait till the movie comes out on DVD because they don't think it's worth it to watch it in theaters? To them the movie isn't good enough, but they would certainly be willing to watch at home. This is pretty much the same concept going on here.

The game isn't bad, but to many it isn't worth what it costs.

The whole secretly loving this game you are spouting out is you being delusional, because you seem to be having trouble grasping that the cost of something does play a large role on what someone think of a product. Again ... it is called worth.

Worth - noun

1. the value equivalent to that of someone or something under consideration; the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Ha ha ha ha wow, that's so amusing when people start assuming things out of their own ass, no, no no no, most free to play games are built a certain way, and have little to no content to them, they are not AAA titles by far, and ESO has little to no AAA quality for a mmo, be it in animations, graphics, AND the little, very little content it provide.

I actually pay for two subscription games, and paid for more than i should have for other mmo's, and no, it's not because "it's not open for me", if there was an office of regulation allowing mmorpgs to have a subscription based on the content and quality of assets it provides, ESO wouldn't even qualify to pass the test, that's how i see it from more than 20 hours into the beta, not your biased assessment / assumption that i just want it to be free to play without having played it and knowing exactly what a "sub" game should be offering, because ESO does not offer the slightest quality a sub game offers to say the least, by FAR.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by Ender4   Originally posted by alexhpy98721 I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.
      Being better than SWTOR is a completely sad low bar to expect since SWTOR was one of the worst MMORPG to ever be released.
     I recall seeing some TOR financial report a week or two ago which said the game made a ton of money with the cash shop, it's probably one of the more profitable western mmorpg's currently. Also I saw some news about the game pushing it's pace with content updates this year, seems like it's been doing so good they are putting more back into it :)

Miley Cyrus is one of the most popular musicians in the world right now, it doesn't make her music good. SWTOR was a really sad MMORPG and still is though I might log on just to try the new space combat.

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Not sure yet if it is worth $15 a month yet. The box price is fine.

I'm fine with the sub price. Not sure if this is the case with most people, but I actually spend way less on video games when I'm subbing for a game. Granted, I really need the game to hold my attention for several months to make it cheaper in the long run, by my own spending practices.

When I'm not subbing for a game I can easily buy 1 or 2 games per month. And much of the time those games are in the $20-$50 range each. so $14.99 ends up being a better deal for me than $20-$100 a month. 

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

You seem to have issues with the concept of worth. Havn't you ever heard people say they will wait till the movie comes out on DVD because they don't think it's worth it to watch it in theaters? To them the movie isn't good enough, but they would certainly be willing to watch at home. This is pretty much the same concept going on here.

The whole secretly loving this game you are spouting out is you being delusional, because you seem to be having trouble grasping that the cost of something does play a large role on what someone think of a product. Again ... it is called worth.

Cool, throwing out basic dictionary descriptions of a word to justify your point. The whole concept is 100% subjective and can't be quantified with some kinda one line description, even if you think it can.

Thus you missed the point entirely: when people say they would like something just fine if it were free, it defeats the whole concept of value. They just want it for free, regardless.  This draws the view that NO amount of "worth" would be enough for the people who will always want something for nothing.

Also how can an opinion of judgement on how people are responding to something be delusional? It's an opinion based on how quite a few users are responding to the situation. At no point did I suggest it's a fact.

You seem to be having trouble grasping the concept of an opinion.

Lastly, you seem like one of those people who are completely against the subscription fee with a massive checklist of never-achievable bullet points. In that light, let's be honest, no game will ever be up to your standards.

In any event, that'll be /thread for me. Good luck with whatever F2P game you go with instead, hope it's cheaper than $15 for you.

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I wasn't planning on buying, but after trying it in beta I pre-ordered the imperial boxed edition.  It is the best MMO I have seen in a long time.  I had given up on finding a game I could stick with, but this one looks great.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by SuperNick
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Cool, throwing out basic dictionary descriptions of a word to justify your point. The whole concept is 100% subjective and can't be quantified with some kinda one line description, even if you think it can.

Thus you missed the point entirely: when people say they would like something just fine if it were free, it defeats the whole concept of value. They just want it for free, regardless.  This draws the view that NO amount of "worth" would be enough for the people who will always want something for nothing.

Also how can an opinion of judgement on how people are responding to something be delusional? It's an opinion based on how quite a few users are responding to the situation. At no point did I suggest it's a fact.

You seem to be having trouble grasping the concept of an opinion.

Lastly, you seem like one of those people who are completely against the subscription fee with a massive checklist of never-achievable bullet points. In that light, let's be honest, no game will ever be up to your standards.

In any event, that'll be /thread for me. Good luck with whatever F2P game you go with instead, hope it's cheaper than $15 for you.

On the contrary .. I am just looking for a good game to sink my teeth in. I currently don't play any MMO games as of right now because there isn't anything out there that I like.

I also am not entirely against P2P, however, I have not seen anything worth that price. Well ... aside from TERA Online, which I admit I failed to judge properly and spent a lot of money on it. I am very weary of MMOs now after spending so much money on them just for them to either turn to crap or go F2P after I spent my money on them.

How much is an mmo worth if you are certain it's going to go F2P in a year?

Also, no one here is asking for the mmo to be FREE .. there is a very huge difference between actually being entirely free and being free to play.  You are still able to spend money on a free to play game. The only difference is you are paying when you want and for the things you want only. Meaning the concept of value most certainly does still exist.

Also, your comment is not an opinion, it was a statement. You where insinuating something about someone. "Are you another one of those "I secretly love this game but complaining may get me this for free" people?"

Please point out to me how that is an opinion? Sounds to me like you are just trying to cause trouble, rather then be reasonable.

No I didn't miss the point, I just called you out, and corrected you is all.

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Was considering pre-ordering it. After seeing  the pre-order to get a race bit...which I feel is a money grab. And playing two weekends of beta. I decided to pass on it.  When it comes down to it....this one offers nothing really different from any other current F2P or P2P mmo out there already. Just the ESO name...it's not Skyrim by any means.
  • therdretherdre Member UncommonPosts: 50

Already pre-ordered the beta is amazing, mind boggling to me that people would say that this isn't "subscription worthy" but what else are trolls going to say I guess

• ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I had high hopes for this one, but after trying the beta out its just not for me so ill be passing on it personally . The only thing i actually liked in the game was the crafting.
  • xerrixerri Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by imagina

Ha ha ha ha wow, that's so amusing when people start assuming things out of their own ass, no, no no no, most free to play games are built a certain way, and have little to no content to them, they are not AAA titles by far, and ESO has little to no AAA quality for a mmo, be it in animations, graphics, AND the little, very little content it provide.

I actually pay for two subscription games, and paid for more than i should have for other mmo's, and no, it's not because "it's not open for me", if there was an office of regulation allowing mmorpgs to have a subscription based on the content and quality of assets it provides, ESO wouldn't even qualify to pass the test, that's how i see it from more than 20 hours into the beta, not your biased assessment / assumption that i just want it to be free to play without having played it and knowing exactly what a "sub" game should be offering, because ESO does not offer the slightest quality a sub game offers to say the least, by FAR.

Your assumption for sure  but each player that wont play after Beta means I can log in faster then >>>>image

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

honestly i havent played for long, i only started today, and been playing for around 4 hours only, but i can say that for the price, i think it might be worth it, although not a lot of my friends are playing, but this kind of game, should be fun enough to play alone

yes, i would pre order, i think, i will give it another run tonight as a different factions to see the stories on the other side

So What Now?

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Imperial bought and love the game, ignore the haters. The truth will be told 3 months after game is out. Personally am betting a large group of gamers playing it. I also hate B2P, majority of people that sub still have to buy shit from stores.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by alexhpy98721 I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.
      Being better than SWTOR is a completely sad low bar to expect since SWTOR was one of the worst MMORPG to ever be released.
     I recall seeing some TOR financial report a week or two ago which said the game made a ton of money with the cash shop, it's probably one of the more profitable western mmorpg's currently. Also I saw some news about the game pushing it's pace with content updates this year, seems like it's been doing so good they are putting more back into it :)

Miley Cyrus is one of the most popular musicians in the world right now, it doesn't make her music good. SWTOR was a really sad MMORPG and still is though I might log on just to try the new space combat.

Doesnt' make it bad. It depends on what criteria you use.

pop music has a specific purpose. It's "fun" for those who find it "fun".

You can say all you want "the Bach 2nd partita is leages above anything she will ever produce and still it won't matter when cruising down the highway on a hot summer day with the top down ...

I would say that if a lot of people like something then it's good. At least to them.

I personally loved SWToR. Just not enough reason to stick around after hitting cap. Themeparks are like that for me unless there is a pvp option that makes sense for me.

I'll add that my relationship to this game has been up and down and up.

It wasn't what I thought an Elder Scrolls game should be. I gave it a chance and was enjoying it but then I started losing interest. I looked at the reasons why, started altering how I play it and suddenly became very interested and have been very much enjoying myself because I'm taking the game on its own merits as opposed to constantly trying to fit it into one play style or another.

Those being how I usually play an elder scrolls game and how I usually play mmo's with pvp which is essentially "level, level, level".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    I am happy their are mmos to play this year not like last year.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I'm buying it.
  • kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by alexhpy98721 I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.

Doesnt' make it bad. It depends on what criteria you use.

pop music has a specific purpose. It's "fun" for those who find it "fun".

You can say all you want "the Bach 2nd partita is leages above anything she will ever produce and still it won't matter when cruising down the highway on a hot summer day with the top down ...

I would say that if a lot of people like something then it's good. At least to them.

I personally loved SWToR. Just not enough reason to stick around after hitting cap. Themeparks are like that for me unless there is a pvp option that makes sense for me.

Yes, themepark mmos will get boring after a while.. Swtor is the only themapark mmo i caped.. everything else getts repetetive and linear. Then quiting the game.. rinse repeat since there is nothing else in the game besides story to fall back on... ESO will get that aswell since there is nothing to fall back on.... Yea right deep crafting, action based combat... Like ive never heard of that b4....    To bad ESO didnt have the time to go into sandbox....  The sandbox games coming out this year will show themepark fanatic developers where the table is supposed to be =)  

GL with ESO =) I had my hopings for it!  It looked good but is the same story the same ending zzzzzz

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by kotz
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by alexhpy98721 ...

Yes, themepark mmos will get boring after a while.. Swtor is the only themapark mmo i caped.. everything else getts repetetive and linear. Then quiting the game.. rinse repeat since there is nothing else in the game besides story to fall back on... ESO will get that aswell since there is nothing to fall back on.... Yea right deep crafting, action based combat... Like ive never heard of that b4....    To bad ESO didnt have the time to go into sandbox....  The sandbox games coming out this year will show themepark fanatic developers where the table is supposed to be =)  

GL with ESO =) I had my hopings for it!  It looked good but is the same story the same ending zzzzzz

I suppose you must only be interested in PVE since you completely failed to mention Cyrodiil which is another endgame option, but it also has PVE elements.  I will be honest mate, even the old sandbox games got boring after awhile (SWG, UO, SB, etc...).  I ask you this:  Do you pay to go to a theater and put on your own performance, or do you pay to go to a theater to see a story someone has put together?  Entertainment that is provided is not always inferior to entertainment you have to create.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Nay, not I.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    After this broken Beta Event I am sitting on the fence. There are aspects of the game I like but this beta event has been really bad. I've not been in it more than 20 min total so far.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    I only once bought an mmorpg before release and will never do it again. I am interested in ESO but would wait a couple of weeks before I buy it.
  • ApprenAppren Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Cancelled my preorder after the beta. Maybe I'll buy it at some point, but I can't imagine the game being worth buying at release, especially not if they keep with the retarded decision regarding preorder making all races available, and needing to pay extra for imperial race.