Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about the game after experience the beta

bruevitzbruevitz Member UncommonPosts: 57

Hi, I wanted to know what everybody feels like after experiencing the beta. I understand that the beta was limited to SEA players, but feel free to share your thought anyway.

First of all, the game is like what it is like in the title: 'Kingdom Under Fire 2', MMO+RPG+Tactics.

Game play is divided into two: mission map(dungeon/instances) and field map. Field is your typical MMO style rpg map, where you explore around, shop, get/do quest, beat an enemy or two. Most of thing, like assigning skill point, arranging troops, leveling them and so on,  are done here.

Mission is very similar to KUF mission, with the difference that you could do it with another people. Just like KUF gameplay you can assign individual troop that you bring to engage certain enemy, cast some skills etc. I have not had the chance of getting an officer so I have no idea whether you can control it the same way as it was on KUF.

Each classes plays very differently and has distinctive role. Spellsword is combo based dmg dealer. Its the best class to deal constant damage to the enemy, provided you can maintain the combo chain (+SP). Died several time using this when my combo chain was broken off (ran out of SP) and surrounded by hordes of undead. Gunslinger is a balanced class, which uses pistol and sword. Pistol is short range atack which you can cast on and on and on (no cool down). Meaning the class have the option of not engaging the enemy with melee. Unlike the spellsword which range attack is very pathetic and has a cool down. Another difference is the running speed, a spellsword runs faster than a gunslinger. This is very refreshing since most mmorpg offers the same running speed no matter what your class. I can mostly outrun any enemy playing as a spellsword, while as a gunslinger I get occasional hit from the enemy while trying to do the same. Have not try berserker class so I can not comment on that.

Skill is somewhat lacking in customization. Each classes mainly consists of 2 distinctive skill tree. the first one is specific to each class (with some similarity) and the other one is for troop command. All classes share the same skill tree for troop command. So you can either put lots of skill on your specific skill tree making your character strong and versatile in combat, or you can put it all in troop command, making your troop strong in battle. When playing as a spellsword I found that most of time you can solo your mission (did not put points in my troop skill), and that my light infantry is constantly being annihilated during mission (lol).

Troop has limited customization options. You can hire your troops. During beta you could only hire the basic troop (light human infantry and light dark elf infantry). These two can then be level up and upgraded to stronger version of them. They get more men in the squad as they get stronger (higher in grade). Each of those basic troop can branch out specific to their race. For example human light infantry (grade 1) can be upgraded to human light infantry (grade 2) and musketeer (grade 2). Musketeer can then be upgraded to higher grade musketeer or mortar troop. The human light infantry (grade 2) can be upgraded to human light infantry (grade 3), infantry(grade 3), cavalry (grade 3), spearman (grade 3).  The dark elf infantry gets to upgraded as dark elf infantry (grade 2) or archer (grade 2). The archers has no branching options as far as I know. The dark elf infantry (grade 2) gets to be upgraded as light infantry (grade 3), sword dancer (grade 3), light cavalry (grade 3) or heavy cavalry (grade 3).

Each troop can train and upgraded. To upgrade the troop, you need items (and money). Some of the item is very hard to get (rare drop). Troops must also be trained in skills, they don't learn skill automatically. Each troop has unique skill which is differ from one another. However I have not seen any difference in regards of stats or usage.

You could assign badges to your troop which add specific stats (armor, hp, dmg, etc).

Well, personally I am very excited about this game. I wish they allow more customization on the troops (like giving names to them, change armor/equipment, etc), which is the biggest charm of this game.

Comments

• crinale02crinale02 Member UncommonPosts: 4

I played only Spellsword during the Ebt.

Although majority of the game contents are not open during the Ebt period,it does feels fully enjoyable to play.

The combat on the fields and battlegrounds are solid and responsive.Managing troops while in heat of battles are easy albeit need some practice to it.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Really looking forward to this game.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I really like the art work in the game. That guys red jacket is really cool looking. Really makes me want to play this game.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

The beta was a good experience for me, it's really something new

RPG + RTS MMORPG, the first ever on the globe (i think)

With 16 players invasion mode (each player can bring 4 troops which consist of 20-ish troop each), 140 kinds of troops with several flying and huge monster troops, the battle will be epic

In PvP department, there will be 3 modes : Hero only battle, strategic battle, and MOBA style battle

• gab4moigab4moi Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Yep the guys red jacket, yep, cool, yep, only thing I'm a lookin' at bro, yep, that jacket, sure is a nice jacket, yep...image
  • EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    i really like the spaulders of the guy with green pants

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Oh for the love of God I would'nt mind having that jacket right now.....
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    There is red jacket in that screenshot? where!!! image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney