Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• Vector_ArrowVector_Arrow Member Posts: 18
    One of my favorite moments was me being the only one alive in Ifrit (BRD) and kiting the last 3% of the kill. We all screamed in mumble; it was a glorious moment.
  • BlueMidnightsBlueMidnights Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Buying my house!
  • freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    FFVI the first time I started out out the game it was simply amazing magic, story development, and character I actually liked and still remember. It was the first time you could instantly swap party members I remember how useful how it changed rpgs all together with this simple addition. It had one of the greatest villians of all time, Kefka. All the characters were different and many were useful except for a select few. Love the game, loved the skill, and the story. Great introduction to the series for me and one of the highlights of the series. The music in the game was so nice that I sometimes simply let to run just to listen to the music play on its own. Too many good things that cover up the few flaws.
  • TavsTavs Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My Favorite moment of Final fantasy in general was the Vi . The whole game was a huge moment for me
  • Griffs1999Griffs1999 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    When all my friends from FFXI had joined me on early access to ARR. We had all had to quit FFXI over the last couple of years due to work, family, etc. So when we heard about FFXIV ARR we thought maybe we would all have time to play together again. Most of us took our times getting to 50, but once we did we all started going through the endgame content. We all started Relic weapons at the same time, and did all the fights together as an FC. One of the best moments was when, after many many many attempts, we beat HM Titan. It was truely a fun fight. It brought back that feeling of Sky god fights. It was such a great night. Thx for the great gaming memories!
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    My favorite experiences with the Final Fantasy franchise is having played them since the original on the old Nintendo Entertainment System. The first one was great, but they got better and better over time. From getting back Kain in the US version of FF2, to watching Kefka destroy part of the world in FF3, the games just got better and better. Watching the cut scene when Cloud defeats Sephiroth with Omnislash was absolutely amazing back then. I can't forget to comment on how fun it was to play the game as Squall and Zidane either. The games are great, please keep them coming!

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    my most unique moment was probably when myself and friend in my guild were running around doing holiday events to get the swim trunks, and after a few hours of doing so, proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon running dungeons in speedos : ). our ventrillo server got to hear us lavishing praise on each other's bodies... it was odd, but fun. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• KomahKomah Member UncommonPosts: 32

I haven't gotten to play FFXIV though I desperately want to (Can't afford a graphic card capable of handling it >.<). My best experience was actually recently with rediscovering the iOS version of Final Fantasy V. When I found it I scraped together every bit of loose change I had to pick it up and spent the next four days binging on the game - trying first to do an all-berserker run and then switching to all-oracles to finish the game off. It's been such a long time since I've had that much fun playing an RPG and it's such an amazing remake of a classic game!

• zombiecookiezombiecookie Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Started a random guild based on the fact that I wasn't a fan of other guild names out there. Some of the people that I've recruited and spent the past few months playing with, are people that have since become RL friends and will continue to know for years to come. a few of which only live 4-5 train stops away. Great game, even better community and hopefully a bright future. GL to everyone out there just starting or still playing!

• PagongzPagongz Member Posts: 4
    klling titan on hardmode and getting my first relic weapon with only 4peeps alive.. "best moment evah" :))
  • DeathDealer2DeathDealer2 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I only played the BETA and my favorite part was seeing the "introduction".... I loved how detailed the characters were with storylines and detail of the actual models.
  • Davidious84Davidious84 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favorite moment was the first time I got to play against Ifrit with a guildie and two other randoms. It was all of our first times fighting him so my guildie invited the other two into our vent server to help make things easier to communicate during the fight since he was the tank and I was the healer. We were all excited for the fight, which started off good till the ground started blowing up knocking chunks of our health out. I remember hearing the tank telling me to get out of the fires, both the DPS'ers are just saying WTF, and all I could do was say "ow ow ouch!" while laughing. We fought him two more times before we finally figured out the signs and got our team work down. I think it is one of the reasons I always volunteered to heal that instance for new guild members =)
  • KorogenKorogen Member Posts: 1
    Havent had a chance yet to play FF XIV yet, but I'd have to say my favorite moment in the franchise was when I first beat the Ultimate weapon: Rose in FF VII. I think I wiped something like 30 times before I figured out you had to start the fight with 2 of your party members dead.
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    i really enjoyed finishing and i would have random people come up to me while fishing and have a conversation like i wasnt there, its hilarious because they would start talking about very private things
  • EX_EK_NASEX_EK_NAS Member UncommonPosts: 10
    my favorite experience was when i 1st played FFX and got to Kilika, and saw the Cinematic of Yuna's Sending Dance
  • Bane_MajikBane_Majik Member Posts: 2
    The story is by far the strongest part of FF games and I love how each one of them can pull me into the game so dramatically in a different way. Also Aeirth's death in FFVII was such a huge emotional jarring moment that I will never forget it.
  • DragonDaoDragonDao Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Gotta be when I was admiring the login screen visuals and suddenly got treated to a second, even more awesome cinematic!
  • staticmousestaticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 14
    My best experience sill be winning this contest and playing for the first time!
  • 3hadowzodark3hadowzodark Member UncommonPosts: 4
    When I played Hard Mode Garuda with friends. After multiple tries, we managed to win, and the feeling was exceptional. Another favourite moment would be the starting intro scene with the transformation into your class and attacking the enemy prophet guy. It was extremely pretty, and fired me up.
  • xxreaperx4xxreaperx4 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment was when I got Final Fantasy X and a PS2 the day it came out. I played it for 2 days straight.
  • CharbX0rCharbX0r Member Posts: 1

The despair felt when you realize that Auron is composed of pyreflies from the far plane, living only to protect Tidus and Yuna, and having to send him into the farplane.

Major emotional tug, and one of only a few felt in gaming for me. The proof that gaming is art.

Thank you for the HD remaster, SE, and keep up the good work!

• BarnivereBarnivere Member UncommonPosts: 10

Final Fantasy 14:

My happiest moment was the entire game and the journey of it's re-development, from traversing the Black Shroud 1.0 in it's maze-like splendor to experiencing the end of the world of the game as the counter's time diminished, being apart of 14's re-development and watching it grow into the great game it is now, will stay with me forever, because never in the history of mmos can someone say "I helped them turn the game into something great" I have never seen a developer take a broken game and turn it into something worth it's weight in gold, and I can honestly say that I have never been happier in changing the fate of a game and hope more developers follow suit.

• Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Defeating all of the HM Trials in a night
  • TouchMyCookieTouchMyCookie Member Posts: 4
    As I have never played FFXIV I cannot speak on my favourite moment in the game. However, my favourite moment in any Final Fantasy game is the very first time I had played any final fantasy which was when I was 8 and played it with my neighbour on his PSX or which is also considered PS1. It is one of my fondest moments of my childhood as it got me to this point in my life where I love getting immersed in epic, story driven and mythical mmorpgs! Thank you!
  • EredhorEredhor Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I've not played FFIV, but my favorite FF moment was in FFX when I managed to win the Blitzball tournament.  I've read that they'll be porting it to the PS# in March, and can't wait to play it again!
This discussion has been closed.