Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
Been looking to replace WoW for quite a while, and with ESO sucking, it looks like the Wildstar is going to be the last hope for now to replace WoW. I think EQNEXT is going to be great, but it's still a ways off, so Wildstar I am counting on you, I really would like to skip Warlords of Dreanor and if your game is good enough, I am all in. From what I can tell so far, it really looks like WoW only better, and if that's the case, I am all yours.

Comments

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, 

i would not let my hope on it much.

also its no longer time that we stick on 1 MMO for 5-7 years anymore. maybe we should just buy the mmo we like and play for the free month and begone with it.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

Meh looks like ESO is still our last hope forced 40 man raids in Wildstar put me off hardcore raiders of course will love it. To all their own I'll take deep and interesting story and quests over standing around waiting 40 a 40 man raid to form up.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, i would not let my hope on it much.also its no longer time that we stick on 1 MMO for 5-7 years anymore. maybe we should just buy the mmo we like and play for the free month and begone with it.

well that's an interesting response, but I don't think that's what we are looking for.
  • ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    Our ?
    Originally posted by winter

Meh looks like ESO is still our last hope forced 40 man raids in Wildstar put me off hardcore raiders of course will love it. To all their own I'll take deep and interesting story and quests over standing around waiting 40 a 40 man raid to form up.

though I can not be hardcore, I want them around, there is something about hardcore that draws me in.
    Originally posted by Thane

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

watch some gameplay it reminds me of crash bandicoot or ratchet and clank both of which I love only this is mmorpg
    well, depend on how they handle the 40 man raid though, most experience i got from 12-24 raid is supper lag. so i dont actually trust the 40 man raid at all.
  • MrJimLaheyMrJimLahey Member Posts: 24

You obviously have never played Wildstar.  That's for sure.  If you did, you would know that you have like .5 seconds to react to that telegraph.  I have a good feeling you and others saying this would be the first to cry for a nerf.  The telegraphs do not make the game easier.

well, depend on how they handle the 40 man raid though, most experience i got from 12-24 raid is supper lag. so i dont actually trust the 40 man raid at all.

Sounds like you need to upgrade or just get rid of your Windows 2000 computer.  I have never had lag in these situations.  Then again, im not trying to raid on a graphing calculator.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

The telegraphs are so blatant that a blind man can see them in this game.  No thanks.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Hate to break it to ya, every game has telegraphed red attacks now.

EVERY GAME.

Originally posted by Latronus

The telegraphs are so blatant that a blind man can see them in this game.  No thanks.

They are exactly like TERA, or ESO, or FFXIV, or Neverwinter, or really any mmo from the past 5 years.

They look exactly the same

Originally posted by captainamazing57

Wildstar looks absolutely terrible. It's quite depressing that this is the big MMO hope for many.

The graphics are way too childish for me to take the game seriously. Yes, I have watched the game videos.

remember http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104009/ Cool world?

It was a movie... had cartoons doing very adult things...

Yeah... just because the art style doesn't agree with you does not make it 'childish.'

That is something you decided on your own.

Originally posted by MrJimLahey

Sounds like you need to upgrade or just get rid of your Windows 2000 computer.  I have never had lag in these situations.  Then again, im not trying to raid on a graphing calculator.

its too soon to assume that the lag is on my side. i built my own rig and i know how to handle little PC issue. 

what i'm talking is the server they running for 40 man. as in other game i played, the 12 and 24 man they giving tons of lag and high latency, delay

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by captainamazing57

Wildstar looks absolutely terrible. It's quite depressing that this is the big MMO hope for many.

The graphics are way too childish for me to take the game seriously. Yes, I have watched the game videos.

Game videos don't do the game justice.  At all.  But, your loss.  

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Unless you are wanting to play this game for PvE then I don't think you will like this game.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    There is never a last hope. There will always be newer games coming out
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

They are exactly like TERA, or ESO, or FFXIV, or Neverwinter, or really any mmo from the past 5 years.

I thought this was common knowledge.  Oh ya, haters don't care about facts.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Of course they look the same, but it appears to me that you are given way too much time in Wildstar to get the hell outta the red.  I never played TERA or FFXIV to compare and ESO is in beta so who knows how their telegraphs will be at launch and I have seen some AOE type attacks that didn't have red zones, but that's probably a bug.  The entre idea is for lazy gamers and needs to go the way of the dinosaur, but then the majority of gamers these days aren't used to using brain power to figure out that when the mob takes a huge backswing that an AOE is about to be incoming.  I can only imagine the collective crying that would happen if an MMO came out without this. 

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315

No...There is another....

World of Darkness!

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Of course they look the same, but it appears to me that you are given way too much time in Wildstar to get the hell outta the red.  

You seriously haven't figured out that as the game gets more difficult at later levels, the telegraphs give you less and less time before firing off?  You seriously don't realize that as the mobs get more difficult, particularly in dungeons, they will shoot off multiple telegraphs at one time, some of them stationary, some of them moving, some of them that follow you around?  

You're passing an awful lot of judgment for someone who hasn't seen most of the dev videos and dungeon streams.  

Of course they look the same, but it appears to me that you are given way too much time in Wildstar to get the hell outta the red.  I never played TERA or FFXIV to compare and ESO is in beta so who knows how their telegraphs will be at launch and I have seen some AOE type attacks that didn't have red zones, but that's probably a bug.  The entre idea is for lazy gamers and needs to go the way of the dinosaur, but then the majority of gamers these days aren't used to using brain power to figure out that when the mob takes a huge backswing that an AOE is about to be incoming.  I can only imagine the collective crying that would happen if an MMO came out without this. 

Before telegraphed attacks you COULD NOT dodge an attack from a monster in an mmo ACTIVELY. Yes, you could level your dodge skill or put on more evd gear, but no mmo let you dodge actual attacks until telegraphing became 'the rage.'

Please tell me in DAoC, EQ, EQ2, FFXI, UO, or any of those games when you could actually ACTIVELY dodge an attack by a mob.

You couldn't.

It's a new play style, it's letting the players be able to use skill to negate damage not just reply on RPG style numbers.

Sure you COULD make an MMO that had attacks you could dodge with NO telegraphing.

There are a few mobs in FFXIV that have attacks like that.  People die instantly to them because they aren't used to the change up.

TERA had a good hybrid system of some telegraphed attacks and some not... Only game I can think of that 'did it right' in my opinion.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Play or play not.

There is no hype.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    We aren't even a 3rd into this year and we can already see mmos in 2014 will be a major disappointment in my opinion.