Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• supermag24supermag24 Member UncommonPosts: 6

My favorite moment in Final Fantasy would have to be in Final Fantasy 4, When cecil faces dark cecil, turning from dark knight to (If I'm remebering correctly) a Paladin. He went up Mt Ordeals one thing, but came down something completely different. He had to let go of his dark side. Such a good moment.

• BradleyNowellBradleyNowell Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I remember hearing the opening theme music and it brought back childhood memories.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Final Fantasy 6 Opera Scene
  • Sp00shSp00sh Member Posts: 48
    The multiple of moments in Final Fantasy VII when the music and the game connected so well it sent chills down my spine and goosebumps oh the goosebump moments!  
  • EugeneKDudleyEugeneKDudley Member Posts: 58
    defeating ultimecia.

"By all means, reach for the stars but you need to build the spaceship first"

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    FFXI. There was a group of 18 of us trying to complete a mission for COP in the Phomiuna Aqueducts. We were slowly creeping down the dark tunnels towards a giant minotaur we had to defeat. Every monster we encountered along the way would take its tole on us and we would have to stop and recover for several minutes. Sometimes a group of monsters would aggro us. Coordinating between 18 people wasn't easy. After one fight we needed to move fast because new mobs were going to spawn where we were recovering. So we started to move. All of the sudden our objective, the minotaur, was on top of us. Everyone spammed "%@*&;" and then started spamming their 2 hour cool down skill. We were all weak but somehow we killed it and only half of us died. The White Mages started raising everyone and we were all very thankful that one of them managed to survive.
  • kuroionikuroioni Member UncommonPosts: 26

Over the years of playing mmos I grew to dislike plate bikinis very much. 

That's why, without a doubt, the most wonderful, epic and profound moment when playing FFXIV: ARR, for me, was when I ran into some random player and realized what true equality looks like:

I think it will forever remain one of the most awesome moments I had with any mmo, ever :D 

• hotdove911hotdove911 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    The most Epic moment I ever got in FFXIV: ARR was when I first got my hand on the Jump skill for the Lancer/Dragoon. I just jumped everywhere whenever I could!

• c0796c0796 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Having a Chocobo BBQ was the best!  :p
  • MilinkyMilinky Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I would have to say my best experience in FFXIV would have to be when I made my relic weapon +1. Not many people had relic weapons, let alone +1 relic weapons, so it was a very exciting time for me. :)
  • dirtydeedsddcdirtydeedsddc Member Posts: 1
    Finally beating Titan HM for DRG relic and being a main part of the fight not a free ride. I was carried thru Titan HM for my first relic bow on brd. I decided i wanted to earn my next relic and i did. over 4 straight hours in party/ parties. over time i started getting the patterns down and not dying before the heart, lol.  the fight that we eventually won on i never died and i actually had people following me on the rocks, not the other way around. i was learning and getting better and we won! I have a Relic I earned!!!
  • Jaycee417Jaycee417 Member Posts: 9
    When i first got to advance my arcanist into a summoner, then realising i could also advance into a scholar! But then realising i could sort of rebirth into every class!! 
  • chergertchergert Member Posts: 1
    I love the graphics and all the new sci-fi games!
  • skayzerskayzer Member UncommonPosts: 14
    The fight vs Gilgamesh in FFVII ah have a save file just to replay that fight, my level was just right so that it wasnt a walk in the park or super hard either! That and the first time riding a Chocobo :D
  • HolyXtremeZHolyXtremeZ Member Posts: 2
    The time when you first cleared all BCOB turns is truly awesome :P
  • ShiftlessShiftless Member Posts: 41

Not really a gameplay moment, but my best time playing FFXIV was during the last Beta phase of the current release.  My daughter, who was just turned four and has special needs, was sitting in my lap watching me play and eating nachos.  Every time she got one with a little salsa on it she'd go "mmmmm!" followed by frantic hand waving and drinking of milk.

Every time a cinematic would come on, she'd stop whatever she was doing and stare at the screen in rapt attention until it was over.  Then it was back to the nachos.

• malidarmalidar Member Posts: 7
    Beating all the gods and Kirin in Sky. And almost every other moment in FFXI~
  • AbrohamAbroham Member UncommonPosts: 2
    My favorite moment so far is downing Twintania after 10 straight hours of wipes with a pug. Afterwards we formed a LS and meet up every week to 1-shot her.
  • WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

It was the year 1992, my mother got me Final Fantasy 2 as one of my Christmas gifts for my Super Nintendo, my guess is she got it on sale or something because I never asked for the game let alone knew what the hell Final Fantasy was lol.

One weekend I had my cousion sleep over and during those times that meant videos games and junk food all weekend, that night my cousion and I desided to give this game called Final Fantasy 2 a try, keep in mind we had never played a RPG in our lives, granded we were maybe 12-14 years old at that time.

Anyways that weekend we broke out the bong and booze....joking, we broke out the junk food and started playing Final Fantasy 2 and after about an hour we were hooked, I mean this was the first time we played a video game with such a story line that felt so much like a book, we were living the book, playing the book, needless to say we played all weekend and we got to a point in the game that I never will forget, this was the part where Cecil becomes a Paladin.

For some reason Cecil's ascension into holy knighthood forever touched me in a deep level of  "I am bad ass now",  I felt a sense of accomplisment and pride, I remeber fighting my old self (Cecil) "shedding his evil self" to become the new Cecil, the Paladin, that moment stuck with me though out all my gaming years up until this day, and is the reason I feel in love with role playing games and later MMORPG's.

Final Fantasy 2 is the reason I played and still play a class that is a Paladin or akin to a Paladin in all games, a good guy that can defend the weak.

I can say with 100% certainty that if it wasn't for Final Fantasy 2 I would not be so deeply rooted in role playing video games or MMORPG's to this day, in a way playing Final Fantasy 2 that weekend was a gift and a curse if you know what I mean, but I don't regret it one bit : )

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276

My favorite experience in FFXIV is the battle with Ultima Weapon. There are so many colors, so many flashes of vivid, luminous, continuous light,  and  somehow this fight doesn't even cause a strain on your eyes. Ultima Weapon produces such beautiful colors that I uncontrollably could not stop myself from investigating its well blended attacks into the scenery such as the magitek bits, the plummeting meteors and the delayed laser eruption. Yeah, I got myself killed more than enough times, but it was worth it. You know how color affects your perception of food? Well, this battle definitely tastes good. It is purely enticing in a hallucinogenic manner. I'd buy this game just to experience this particular battle.

• alteredbobalteredbob Member UncommonPosts: 3
    When I was much younger in high school, a friend had FF for his console. I would go to his house 2-3 a week just to play it. we had some good times.  Real good times
  • TenohiraTenohira Member UncommonPosts: 14
    For Limsa Lominsa! 
  • treasuretourtreasuretour Member Posts: 1
    Final Fantasy 9. Best game :)
  • BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    While I have always been a huge fan of Final Fantasy games, and played FFXIV, the first thing's I always remember when anyone mentions Final Fantasy are the 'One Winged Angel' and 'Those Chosen by the Planet' score's used to announce and say farewell to Sephiroth. For a game series to include music that is instantly recognisable to millions is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.