Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    The scene in Final Fantasy V, when Galuf died, evoked more emotion from me than any other moment in FF history.  I just couldn't accept it, I guess I was too attached to the character.  I thought to myself, there has to be some way around it, he has to be saved, something must be done.  When I realized he was actually going to die I had that stuttering breath a few times.  Like I was touched so deeply that a tear wasn't far away.  He made the ultimate sacrifice to save his granddaughters life.  He battled Exdeath to the point of his own death and still refused to go down.  Seemingly through sheer will he continued to fight on, mortally wounded, until the villain ran.  It was amazing.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• hansGamingUSAhansGamingUSA Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My best experience so far is battling or even just witnessing the primals in FF14: ARR with a new age of graphics. Seeing notable figures, such as the primals, evolve graphically over time is always a joy to witness.
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    My favorite thing about the game is the graphics. As always, Final Fantasy delivers top-notch, beautiful scenery and characters!
  • TerigothTerigoth Member Posts: 1
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stuff free please thanks.
  • MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Most memorable moment would have to be shortly after the game released. No not the "OMG where are the servers" time...Nope. I got the game for my ps3 because well, it just seems the 'right' place to play Final Fantasy games. Well I was tanking some mid level dungeon, I honestly forget which one as they all sorta blurred into one large string. This is what happens when you play for days straight because once you left it took too long to get back :) Well anyway, I was tanking away and we stopped because someone had 'wife aggro'. Of course being on a PS3 it took me a moment to type having to actually reach for the keyboard (I should invest in a wireless one) but when the AFK player got back, they were completely and utterly shocked that I was playing on a PS3 while they were playing on a computer. I guess they didn't know that both could play on the same servers or even together. He (guessing here..going with odds due to wife aggro) figured that playing on a PS3 I would have less ability to click skills or move or something. So we lost another 15 minutes of time as I got hammered with questions, "How do the graphics compare? Does the controller make it easier to play? How do I type?" even a "OMFG I'd never had known if you didn't say you had to pick up your keyboard!"

It was one of those nice "Everyone is just a gamer" moments, none of this "Master race/PC vs console" crap that happens so much on the forums these days.

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Being able to be a FT crafter and not having to go out into the world to kill things but still be able to level and have fun. Very few games give that type of ability today....miss that :-(
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    My favorite moment in any FF game is when I first boot any new FF game up!! Just the joy of seeing what new and exciting ideas they put in the game, couldn't ask for anything better!
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I remember my first FF game was for the original Nintendo system (the white one with the flap on the front where the cartridges went in). I had to decide what actions to do and at which enemy. You then enter it all in and just watch, I thought it was awesome. I've played many FF games since, but have yet to play a FF MMO, but I hope to.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Best moment in FFXIV is easy.

Happened only a few weeks ago honestly, a new player and member of my free company was looking for help with a dungeon during an off peak time.  We didn't have many members on at the time and he was shouting for help.  After a short time a lvl 50 warrior volunteered to help, not only that, but stopped and took the time to craft a whole new set of high quality gear for my member.  A few days after I was told that story that gentlemen warrior was looking for help with a titan hard mode run, so I rallied the free company to return the favor.  After that run he joined up with us and it's been a great bit of fun!

Close second, early access I saw three lalafells with the right color hair / gear named Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles.

• Krijo101Krijo101 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    As a long standing lover of endgame raiding, I'd say my favorite moment has to be when we finally killed Twintania after over a month of attempts. This being when there were almost no FC's worldwide killing it, and week after week of perfecting the mechanics. That feeling of finally taking Twin down, and the eruption of celebratory cheers in Teamspeak.... That's the feeling I play for...
  • miwemiwe Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I really like that this game's dungeons actually have some kind of challenge compared to many other mmorpg's out today.
  • Savage16Savage16 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I just want the loot.
  • phoenixflarephoenixflare Member Posts: 1
    The dungeons are a lot of fun and very well designed, I had a lot of trouble with beating Titan. I finally finished the fight though and was quite happy about it. And there was the time I was in The Sunken Temple of Qarn and on the first boss I lost my connection. I felt horrible for that one.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    The first thing the wowed me in FFXIV was the little things. Jewelry is actually on the character, cloth, hair, ect, have physics that react to the wind and weather. FFXIV got so many small details right that it still excites me.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• mungleemunglee Member UncommonPosts: 3
    My favorite experience in the FF series would have to be the first time i soloed a BST in FF 11 to max level, the most enjoyable experience in my MMO history and the most challenging.
  • falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Two words: Spoony Bard
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by apocalipse1
    Win against  Ruby weapon  FFVII

Ruby Weapon fight was easy.  Just combine final magic with pheonix and mp regen materia and you will keep reviving your self every time he kills you and keep getting back max mp.  And just keep doing knights of the round until hes dead.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    My greatest moment was when i got to play a lalafel.

• ArgosaArgosa Member UncommonPosts: 1
    That first FATE! It was Awesome!
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by jaycorules

Hmmm....Well, when I was younger I  virtually dated a "girl" in FFXI for a while. I am not proud of this.

At least final fantasy fan girls are actually attractive unlike most fantasy mmos.  The game sort of had its own facebook style website back then called finalfantasyplayers.com or something and I was surprised by how many hot girls I was playing with in game.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    That first moment you get to enter the first dungeon and getting through it in FFIV. This was  truly amazing to me!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• XuraphireXuraphire Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Fighting Ifrit the first time
  • SuniaSunia Member UncommonPosts: 3

Ahh, the best moment I can recall is watching a Lalafell train in Wineport, getting circled around (I was playing an Elezen), and watching them all do /panic. Silly but hilarious to watch.

That's my favorite emote for the game. The Lalafell /panic.

• aliton12aliton12 Member Posts: 18

Good Luck!~ Hope 2 of you win this. I already own Nividia Geforce 650 GTX - I planned upgrade to 750 or 850 later this year, and power supply that's all.

See you in game! Kupo!

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

My Favorite moment from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is

When I was adventuring about in South Shroud and came across a fierce little lalafell Gladiator who was close to death locked in battle. I began healing him and he stopped running and turned and faced his foe. I kept him alive during his battle and when he was done instead of the normal exchange pleasantries and move on, we grouped up together. We climbed on top of our Chocobos and set off in search of new adventures, until we would come across the mysterious Haukke Manor. We accompanied a group of DPS looking for a healer and a tank into the dungeon and faced the enemies within. We fell against Lady Amandine, and the DPS wanted to give up but the Lalafell and I gave words of encouragement and gave it another shot. We just barely pulled through and downed the boss. It was a great sight seeing our characters cheer and after that my new friend invited me to his Free Company.

It's a basic story, with just a regular dungeon run, but was made so much better by being in the beautiful Eorzea and is still my favorite moment that changed how my game would be from that point.

This discussion has been closed.