Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    When Red (the dog from F7) found the truth about his father...I did cry it had such an emotional impact on me
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

In my opinion, Final Fantasy XIV art are the best and most unique in gaming. 

Others tried to copy them but failed miserably.

I like sagolii desert :).

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• KraiterKraiter Member UncommonPosts: 45
    It is a great game with good graphics, good luck to all
  • KoNcEpTXKoNcEpTX Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My most unique moment was when i just lvl'd the game from 1-50. Just an amazing game thnx for that. keep up the good work !
  • TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    My best moment of final fantasy 14 was when I discovered that summoner  is considered a legitimate damage dealer unlike final fantasy XI.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Logging out with a Lalafel in the Inn, so bleedin' cute!

• FevronFevron Member Posts: 7
    To be honest, the best part of FFXIV is seeing the "A Realm Reborn" launch. Having played the original launch as well as almost all other SE games I was very disappointed by it. However, it was wonderful to see SE listen to their fans and redo the game and put all the effort into making the game it should have been.
  • YimelosYimelos Member UncommonPosts: 27
    When i first played FFVII,i was like wow,what is that,this is awesome!It was not only my first FF game,but also my first JRPG.Still best game that i've ever played.
  • slayerislayeri Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Very good this game with large beautiful adventures with friends
  • JaknifeJaknife Member Posts: 51

I think my best moments in Final Fantasy XIV, where probably even before actually playing it.

I never played the original XIV, but the first time, I saw A Realm Reborn, it was that "Cool !!!!!" feeling that you get sometimes.

You see a couple of screenshots, then go nuts looking on youtube (other video sites are available), trying to see gameplay, then watching some videos, then the directors letters, the whole process prior to playing it. (and to clarify, that feeling didn't go down, when I did get to play it), just was seeing something new experience. 

That's how it was for me at least.

• MmoWarlordMmoWarlord Member UncommonPosts: 16
    my favright moment in final fantasy history is when aerith died and clouds holding her in the water. gets a tear every time
  • paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

This is in Old School FFXIV

T''was a Stormy day on the scorching sands of Thanalan.  I'd been tasked that day to gather the juicy legs of some Sabotander.  As i was locating them a heavy sandstorm set in.  The first few kills were easy, bar stray sand in my eyes.

As i came upon the final bunch of prickly critters, this is what i found..  I couldn't help but join in their odd antics..

Their legs were soo juicy, i even got extra Gil for my trouble..

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    FF7 was my all time favorite. I remember I was on a family vacation and brought my PS1 only to play through a couple discs (game had 3 total). I could not tell you how many hours I played that week. To my surprise my mother actually loved watching the cut scenes and followed the storyline as much as I did. After that experience is when I discovered that my mother enjoyed sci-fi and fantasy as much as I did. Part of this game is what made our relationship grow stronger. We would start watching more movies together and spend more mother son family time. All thanks to Cloud.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    The first primal fight, Ifrit, was pretty epic for me. I liked that I didn't have to wait until end-game to feel like I was doing important things. Plus it's Ifrit, few things say Final Fantasy to me as much as that.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Originally posted by jaycorules

Hmmm....Well, when I was younger I  virtually dated a "girl" in FFXI for a while. I am not proud of this.

Ha! Best post! -YOU- deserve to win for this! :)

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    I remember first playing Final Fantasy as a kid, I forget which one and then when I got my PSX playing 7, and the ever underrated 8. Loved the battle system in that one.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• menza666menza666 Member UncommonPosts: 5

My best memory is at the beginning of Final fantasy II on SNES (FFiV japanese). When i saw the Airship with the epic music in the opening scene, i knew that this game series would rock! 

• VarlasVarlas Member UncommonPosts: 22

I haven't had the chance to play FF14 yet, but my fondest memories are when I first started playing FF11. I started playing when it first came out, I was probably 10 years old at the time. Yeah I was a little kid on the internet, but that didn't stop me from wanting to play. I can remember the first time I joined a party in Valkurm Dunes, having trekked through Konschtat Highlands as a lowly level 10 white mage. It was full of frustration making the trip of course, being completely new to the game and unaware of certain game mechanics, such as monster aggro and how they would literally chase you through the entire zone until you reached another area.

But even though all the frustration, it was rewarding being able to play with other players around the world for the very first time. It was a wonderful experience for being only 10 years old, and FFXI is what started my love for MMOs. Although it's too bad I won't be able to experience the initial fascination as I did at 10 years of age, I still look forward to the future generations of MMOs, for years to come. 

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35
    When I bought FFX, the best decision I ever made, was my first FF game too.
  • zeluszelus Member UncommonPosts: 9

Final Fantasy Tactics(PSx) the first tbs i ever got to play and that got me into the FF series, getting to collect different heroes and even Cloud from my favorite FF game. Alot of classes to play with and secret classes to unlock,  awesome duplication cheats, great story with a kick ass story line. When i first read about the classes for FF14 i though damn they just copied FFT, only wish 14 had as many classes as tactics that would have been amazing to see. Favorite moment from FFT when the zodiac was revealed to be the true villians of the story.

personal note the mini soldier defense game from FF7 was someting i also loved playing  

• kikarokikaro Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The first time I took down Titan during the story mission. We had language barriers and we're failing miserably, but we kept persisting and trying to learn the fight. After many failed attempts we decided for one final push. It started out rough and we had problems but three of us survived and managed to deliver the killing blow. We all celebrated and stood there emoting like crazy. Best experience ever.
  • museandalimuseandali Member UncommonPosts: 67

Let me preface this by saying I've played most MMORPGs for my personal enjoyment and the advancement of my character/s in that particular MMO

FFXIV was the first, the very first MMORPG I ever played largely with friends, specifically the Star Onion Brigade Linkshell and Free Company (SoB) on Midgardsormr server.

If I were asked what was my favorite moment playing the game, I would say, any time I stood side by side with my friends, facing down the various monsters and gods that threatened the people in the game.  As the tank, I knew it all fell to me to stand between my friends and certain death.

Now, If I were forced to pick just one of these moments that stuck out as the fondest of the fond? It was when 6 of the best of SoB banded together to help myself and my best friend Laguz Switch take down Titan Hard Mode so that the two of us could get our relic weapons.   

It wasn't so much that it was a hard fight, though it most certainly was.  It wasn't that I finally got my relic weapon, though I did.  It was because these people, who I had known and looked up to for months (and in the case of Laguz, years) both valued my presence enough to come to -my- aid, and trusted me enough to tank Titan.

That moment, when he finally dropped, I felt like a god, standing on equal footing with other gods.  I knew then, I -knew- that I was an asset, I knew my friends, and that's what these people were, my friends, also saw me as a friend, as an equal, and were willing to face certain death on my behalf.

• RedzhogRedzhog Member Posts: 1
    Favorite moment(s) has to be the dungeoning. So much fun, plus the community is full of cool and nice people, it's easy to get into a dungeon, raid, or primal fight and have people there willing to help if you don't exactly know what you're doing.
  • NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30

Final Fantasy XIV

My best experience was getting my Chocobo :D. Its Final Fantasy, I cant help it and im sure others have the same problem. We see those BIG YELLOW birds and we just wonder "when will I get one".

Now just give me Chocobo breeding and mini games (racing, other players or friends).

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    My favorite final fantasy was 4 for snes. After that I fell in love with rpgs
This discussion has been closed.