Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid this game!!!!

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Metsis

My turn off from WoT was the fact that once you hit those lvl4 tanks, well you start ending up in matches where there are tanks of lvl7 and lvl8... Basically battles where you can knock off 2-3% off of their total health with one shot and they can one-shot you... It just took all of the fun out of the game for me... Entering the arena to get one-shot again isn't such a nice experience.

For medium, heavy and Tank Destroyers its either two tiers higher or two below..

For lights and arty its a lot more basically because lights are suppose to be used for scouting not for killing and artys can kill higher tiers with ease..

So if you are running in a light tank and end up in a t7 or t8 game then scout and don't try and kill.. you will get tons of points for scouting anyway..

With the other tanks going against a tan two tiers higher is not the end of the world and it does not happen all the time and you will be against tanks of your tier as well..

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    How about learn a little respect for other people.. Your derogatory communication is not wanted.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I really hate when somebody TELL me to stay away, avoid, ... I will just ignore such ... folk. EXPOSE your case, your experience, ... then LEAVE TO ME(!) TO DECIDE WHAT I WANT.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I've played quite a lot of WoT and i know that it takes a lot of people to report you for you to get banned. You must have said a looot of nasty words if you made so many people so angry to report you in order to get a 3-day ban.
  • Vlad-The-BadVlad-The-Bad Member Posts: 5
    My friend swears in Polidh int his game. Swell no one notices.. :P
  • cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

WG is known for banning people for any reason or no reason. Make a suggestion they don't like? risk a ban. Point out a defect that's been in game for over a year and WG has broken their promise to fix it? risk a ban. Complain about some of the specific parts of the game that are broken? risk a ban.

React to another player's verbal abuse or when they team kill you? risk a ban.

One match I was in they had a special going on - kill a bunch of specific German tanks and get bonus exp. In the match I mentioned that WG never hosts a similar event where we kill USSR tanks, and since my entire garage is filled with German armor I did not feel the situation was equitable. All said calmly, no swearing etc. One player pipes up that they work for WG, insults me, uses profanity, and tells me to shut the ^%$# up or he will get my account banned.

The above is not a tall tale - it happened. WG is a Russian company and they never host this type of event whereas there have been several 'kill the Germans' specials.

People swear in chat all the time. The chat filter catches it. But some people like to turn the filter off, take a screen shot, and send it in to WG to grief a player for kicks.

I have no respect for WG at this point.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I'm actually more interested in the game now that I know they ban asshats and jerks.

Thanks for the advertisement OP, lol

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Ha!  I love it!  A game that actually ENFORCES the EULA and the guy comes here to complain about a slap on the wrist for using abusive language.  If all games did this, they would be a much nicer place.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

There is usually a difference between swearing and calling someone a fucktard.

I swear sometimes but I try to avoid direct insults.

Try things like:

"We're fucked."

"What a bunch of shit."

"Wow you're so good, how do i be more like you?"

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• FateAkiFateAki Member Posts: 2

Hey, I got banned from MWO's Twitch channel for saying that I found the launch event they hosted "boring". Not cursing, not swearing not name calling, nothing. Just one word: "boring".

Anyway, bad luck. You were naughty, you got suspended. Pretty standard procedure.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Raventree
    Ha!  I love it!  A game that actually selectively ENFORCES the EULA and the guy comes here to complain about a slap on the wrist for using abusive language.  If all games did this, they would be a much nicer place.

Fixed.

You ever watch the "well known" and/or "better" clans on Twitch?

Or the fact that so many of the top (and helpful) players on the Official game forums receive permanent bans over dumb crap they created their own forum here: http://forum.wotlabs.net/  while entire clans of team killers and BOTs are allowed to thrive.

There is a saying on the "official" game forums and it's Mod4Fun.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I could name 10 reasons not to spend money on WoT. The OP's reason was not one of them :).
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

You really don't get it.  WoT is obviously not the game for you, no worries.

But you really and truly don't get what people here are saying to you at all.  Glad to see so many posters backing up what I was saying, thanks.  There is no pay to win in WoT, none, zilch, nada.  Player skill, tactics, teamwork will always outpace premium rounds.

Also as pointed out the premium tanks are for money making, they are pretty well subpar overall to most typical T8 counterparts. 

I play WoT all the time and I enjo it, yet I I wont deny that it is pay to win.  People love to say that premium tanks have shit stats but that is nonsense.  Premium tanks are usually specialized and do well if played properly.  My t34 is a t8 premium that is very similar in play style to my t30.  Both are solid hull down tanks with good gun depression. long reload, and monster mantlets.  Yes the t34 is worse in ways but its also a tier lower.  When I compare my t34 to my 28 proto, wich are both t8, my t34 is a much more powerful tank in my eyes.

In WoT you can use money as a shortcut to power.  Instantly having 100% crew makes a huge difference in a lot of tanks.  Heat rounds can allow you to 1 shot or even just allow you to pen tanks that you wouldnt be able to pen from the front.  If you are type of player that likes to play several different tank lines, there is no way you are going to have enough in game credits to afford the extremely expensive equipment and consumables on multiple tanks as well as paying for gold ammo.

In WoT a good track hit can cause the death of even a t10 heavy within the time it takes him to repair it.  If he purchased kits with real money, there is a good chance he will be able to back up in time to not die.  Taking that one t10 tank out right off could significantly impact the game and real money can have a huge influence on this outcome.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

But you really and truly don't get what people here are saying to you at all.  Glad to see so many posters backing up what I was saying, thanks.  There is no pay to win in WoT, none, zilch, nada.  Player skill, tactics, teamwork will always outpace premium rounds.

Also as pointed out the premium tanks are for money making, they are pretty well subpar overall to most typical T8 counterparts. 

I play WoT all the time and I enjo it, yet I I wont deny that it is pay to win.  People love to say that premium tanks have shit stats but that is nonsense.  Premium tanks are usually specialized and do well if played properly.  My t34 is a t8 premium that is very similar in play style to my t30.  Both are solid hull down tanks with good gun depression. long reload, and monster mantlets.  Yes the t34 is worse in ways but its also a tier lower.  When I compare my t34 to my 28 proto, wich are both t8, my t34 is a much more powerful tank in my eyes.

In WoT you can use money as a shortcut to power.  Instantly having 100% crew makes a huge difference in a lot of tanks.  Heat rounds can allow you to 1 shot or even just allow you to pen tanks that you wouldnt be able to pen from the front.  If you are type of player that likes to play several different tank lines, there is no way you are going to have enough in game credits to afford the extremely expensive equipment and consumables on multiple tanks as well as paying for gold ammo.

In WoT a good track hit can cause the death of even a t10 heavy within the time it takes him to repair it.  If he purchased kits with real money, there is a good chance he will be able to back up in time to not die.  Taking that one t10 tank out right off could significantly impact the game and real money can have a huge influence on this outcome.

Non premium t8 do well when played to their strengths too.  I agree with your line about real

money INFLUENCIng victory but gold ammo or consumables or even 100% crew quality are not "I win" buttons. After all gold ammo and consumables are used in clan wars yet someone still loses. In the end it's skill

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

In the end it's skill

The game has a random +/- 25% penetration roll on every shot which is hidden from the player.

The game has random module saving throws which is hidden from the player.

The game has confirmed "ghost rounds" which go through tanks doing zero damage.

The games has tanks bouncing AP shots that you would have to double, triple and in some cases more it's armor for it to bounce.  Nothing wrong with million in one shots but WoT has million in one shots happening every game.

The game has questionable hit boxes i.e. shots from front starting a engine fire (it's in the back) yet pumping 3 or 4 rounds into the back where the engine is result in no fires.  This goes to the hidden module saving throw above.

The game has save a tank syndrome in which tanks will be left with 1HP after receiving what should have been a killing shot and the shooting tank getting a damage roll below it's stated average damage.  The amount of tanks left with 1HP defies probability.

The proliferation of lower armored, higher speed and high alpha (burst) damage tanks continued in 8.9.  Gold rounds have made tanks which rely on armor less of a force.

New tank mode is sooo bad that the new 7 vs 7 game mode literally has 10 tanks capable of playing this mode.  Yes all of the other 90+ tanks in the game are "useless" or "unbalanced" to be in this game mode.  See link:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/297888-fulcrums-guide-to-742-team-battles-wip/

Edit:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/18/very-rare-ghost-shells-bug/

• tyrsontyrson Member Posts: 34

The game has a random +/- 25% penetration roll on every shot which is hidden from the player.

The game has random module saving throws which is hidden from the player.

The game has confirmed "ghost rounds" which go through tanks doing zero damage.

The games has tanks bouncing AP shots that you would have to double, triple and in some cases more it's armor for it to bounce.  Nothing wrong with million in one shots but WoT has million in one shots happening every game.

The game has questionable hit boxes i.e. shots from front starting a engine fire (it's in the back) yet pumping 3 or 4 rounds into the back where the engine is result in no fires.  This goes to the hidden module saving throw above.

The game has save a tank syndrome in which tanks will be left with 1HP after receiving what should have been a killing shot and the shooting tank getting a damage roll below it's stated average damage.  The amount of tanks left with 1HP defies probability.

The proliferation of lower armored, higher speed and high alpha (burst) damage tanks continued in 8.9.  Gold rounds have made tanks which rely on armor less of a force.

New tank mode is sooo bad that the new 7 vs 7 game mode literally has 10 tanks capable of playing this mode.  Yes all of the other 90+ tanks in the game are "useless" or "unbalanced" to be in this game mode.  See link:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/297888-fulcrums-guide-to-742-team-battles-wip/

Edit:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/18/very-rare-ghost-shells-bug/

True enough MMOGamer71, but to your first part, it's like that for everyone so no "real" disadvantage/advantage there, lousy mechanic ya.., trust me, as CB vet, I've shot as many "ghost" shells, bounced a  ton of "gold" rounds, sometimes it makes you crazy, sometimes it saves your ass. So it's a "broken" balance.

As too the new team battle, it's a shame that people don't try some more innovated team compositions.

Beyond that it's fun, easy to play, hard to learn, lots of tanks and you can spend what you want.

Peace

PS, next update you will be able to shot thru fences and cars, no more hiding behind a picket fence/car and letting it soak up a shot for ya.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Is this thread still on topic? Can I still point out how ridiculous this OP is?
  • DerangedcowbrainDerangedcowbrain Member UncommonPosts: 56
    ^This.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Why are threads like this not moderated on this site?

This thread should have been locked and removed after the second post.    It merely inspires others like the OP to vent and rage.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• keksbekkeksbek Member UncommonPosts: 25

You guys are forgetting two simple facts:

A) This game comes from Belarus

B) http://www.foxcrawl.com/2012/06/29/photos-alexander-lukashenko-boy-wears-a-gold-plated-pistol-received-from-medvedev/

Stop complaining, please!

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    lol A good game that's limiting some fucktards ability of saying fucktard in general chat? I guess I'll stop playing it ;)

Sort of like having the same rules as this forum does.............................right?

• swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by randmp
    i dont mind the genral chat ban i deserve that, it is the banning of all chat, clan chat, ingame chat and communication, that pissed me off!

I cannot believe this post is still alive.

Regarding clan chat, ever heard of joining a clan, where members wanted to talk like many bad mouth 10 year olds a great deal, and the clan uses TeamSpeak 3?

That would solve your problem of wanting to use as much moronic and somewhat "modern" public language as you please.  I hope in the future you grow up and seldom use such language, although that statement does not cover how often you use bad language, one bad word in 10,000 good words may be acceptable if you are angry at some players that have no clue as to how to play, which is often in public matches, and young children are not in the TeamSpeak channel.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Beware of republican forum necromancers!!!

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by sacredfool

I am sorry about no proper feedback but... after reading this thread I can't stop laughing. 

So basically... were being naughty, got a 1 day ban or something.. appealed... they looked through the log... found more namecalling and increased the ban? 

I love you, OP.

This just makes my day!

This discussion has been closed.