Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] EverQuest Next: Landmark: The 90 Minute Challenge

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,659MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

While EverQuest Next: Landmark’s Alpha doesn’t lend itself too easily to going in without a lot of information beforehand  (In fact, I’d essentially given up going in completely blind 10 minutes after building my character), I thought the Landmark Alpha could afford one of my 90 minute challenges.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s EverQuest Next: Landmark: The 90 Minute Challenge.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,411Member Uncommon

"its not F2p. its not open beta, its not beta,its not closed beta, its ALPHA!!!!!"

its a great start but those of you who intend to jump right in n play...read above quote...

i will be re logging into the game perhaps once a month to update the patches...

otherwise its a great experience for any  of scholar dev.

great review.

• apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
    ^ what?

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Silverdale, WAPosts: 275Member
    Lol what? Indeed
  • SawlstoneSawlstone barrie, ONPosts: 301Member
    @orbitxo have you even played the game?
  • krulerkruler PerthPosts: 340Member Uncommon

I jumped right in as I always do, had a polished granite 5 large block high tower built, took me 8 hours of game time, then discovered what template actual means and lost tower, but lesson learnt.

Its not that hard to stumble through learning by trail and error only, even  in Alpha 60% feature mode.

For an Alpha it is quite smooth, seen hellishly worse than this in so called Beta stage .

Just completed iron pick rare, dug a tunnel straight through a mountain and hollowed out a large square and timed how long it took.

Trail and error for me is more fun than documents, however I have a number of destroyed appliances at home that stand testament that its not always the best way LOL.

There is no God, there is no Devil, nor Angels and Demons, there is only us, surely thats bad enough, for no creature is able to commit such acts of hate and love, sometimes in the same day.

• nuttobnuttob Plantation, FLPosts: 291Member
    So orbitox paid at least 60 bucks to log in and patch?  Strange indeed hehe!  I struggled the first few days, but am getting the hang of it now.  I didn't think you could zoom, assuming it wasn't in the alpha at first.   I always notice that a lot of mmos don't make it easy to learn all aspects of the game, or it takes a bunch of digging to find out where the real guide is if it even exists.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member

The part that reminds me of Everquest the most...

is the title.

El Psy Congroo

• victorbjrvictorbjr Quezon CityPosts: 186Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kruler

I jumped right in as I always do, had a polished granite 5 large block high tower built, took me 8 hours of game time, then discovered what template actual means and lost tower, but lesson learnt.

Its not that hard to stumble through learning by trail and error only, even  in Alpha 60% feature mode.

For an Alpha it is quite smooth, seen hellishly worse than this in so called Beta stage .

Just completed iron pick rare, dug a tunnel straight through a mountain and hollowed out a large square and timed how long it took.

Trail and error for me is more fun than documents, however I have a number of destroyed appliances at home that stand testament that its not always the best way LOL.

I would think Destroyed virtual mountains is safer than destroyed real appliances. :) 

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Redding, CAPosts: 577Member

So from what I have read, we can pay SOE to let us test this Landmarks game which is more or less about digging holes and building towers, that most likely will not mean crap when EQ Next comes out? 

I am so lost on this concept...

Not so nice guy!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILPosts: 1,520Member Uncommon
    I noticed a lot of MMO's are so short on directions they are including in game browsers so the player can look up guides while they play.

"Change is the only constant."

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 651Member Uncommon

I don't think everybody had to pay to get into Alpha though. I sure as hell didn't. Mistake maybe? Works for me.

I wonder if people would be upset i they knew whatever they paid for I got for free too. Hmm.

• TolrocTolroc Wendell, NCPosts: 99Member Uncommon

So far this seems like Minecraft with better graphics and no enemies. Is there something I am missing?

• apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
    ^ nailed it. Good job. Would you like a cookie?

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• TumoraTumora Lynn, MAPosts: 21Member
    my question, is landmark worth installing?
  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Redding, CAPosts: 577Member
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    ^ nailed it. Good job. Would you like a cookie?

I'd like a cookie, thanks for asking.

Not so nice guy!