Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I? Should I not?

TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
Apparently this game is 75% off for new players atm and I've been curious about it for a while now, should I consider getting it or not? I've read so many bad reviews about this game on here in the past so I'm curious to know how you guys feel about it these days.

imageimage

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Of course you've seen bad reviews; this game is not for everyone. It once received a score of 2/10 and 4/10 from a theme park carebear reviewer at eurogamer.com, but yet, many still think DF is one of the best mmo and the community is pretty healthy for a subscription based mmorpg(All of them are free now except wow and eve online).

Go look at some videos, try it now since it's cheap, make sure you join a clan that will teach you how to play and see if it's your type of game. If you don't like it, it's because it's not your type of game, not because it's bad.

Bad mouth mostly come from players who die and can't take the fact that they lose everything that was on them atm(You lose nothing from your bank). Veterans from the first version of DF will bash the new darkfall by any means. Even i think DFO was better, but the current DF keeps getting better, it doesnt take as long to be pvp capable and so many things are done better and one day, everything will be better than the old one.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Urvan
    Apparently this game is 75% off for new players atm and I've been curious about it for a while now, should I consider getting it or not? I've read so many bad reviews about this game on here in the past so I'm curious to know how you guys feel about it these days.

Being it's been on sale numerous times and now is 75% off should tell you something, considering the game is only 10 months old.

If you're cool with the PvP aspect you should enjoy DFUW for at least a couple weeks.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79
    If you have the time to spare to do a good first free month evaluation go for it. Personally i'm interested by wouldn't put in the time to justify a sub.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Heck man, people been paying $14.95 a month since launch to play this game plus bought it for like $40-50. So I would say at $9.99 you can at least say you tried the game and form your own opinion instead of always wondering, to me it is worth it just to finally know if it's decent or not. I know I've been curious and at this price i'll finally know, it will be like lifting a weigh off as I try to play as many MMO's as possible so I understand the community better and know what is worth defending. I say go for it, might never get the chance again.
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    I've been playing since beta, and I have no interest in playing anything else.