Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How am I supposed to download this game/play this game? My provider blocks P2P traffic.

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

BT throttle p2p downlods during peak hours and usually even outside of peak hours.

And I've noticed that this game is forcing me to download using p2p. any way around it?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I don't think I'd play a game if peer to peer was the only way to download it

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    funny? I don't think I would stay with a isp who block P2P, a ISP should never control waht you can and can't use. but each to his own
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

I've opened a ticket with them~

Hopefully they reply quite quickly.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    funny? I don't think I would stay with a isp who block P2P, a ISP should never control waht you can and can't use. but each to his own

I know right.  I would not even take that as a free service.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Maybe the ISP is doing you a favor ?

Lolipops !

• SkeeterslintSkeeterslint Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Many games use that for patching these days some tell you they do others just do it.Not sure if Darkfall uses it to patch or download the client but either way that sucks having an ISP that blocks that kind of traffic.

It isn't me who pays for the internet nor me who signed up to the 48month contract.

Of course I wouldn't personally pay for internet that throttles torrents.

Even though a majority of the providers are starting to

Thanks for the responses guys~

Hopefully I can get it working soon, I just need something to punch time on until Wildstar and I've like the look of darkfal for a while, sounds pretty good

Yeah I own my account sadly, I would re-buy it if I had enough money to spare right now though

I'm downloading it for the free week to see how much it's improved.

They emailed me back(Surprisingly quickly c:)  

"At this time we would like to advise you to allow our lobby some extra time when you are trying to download or patch the game since the lobby will automatically switch to direct download if it detects it is being blocked for a long time from p2p capabilities."

The problem isn't that I'm not downloading at all though, it's just being throttled, so it's downloading at 5kb/s - 30kb/s

Hopefully the direct download still kicks in

Originally posted by Caaahl

Just let it run thorugh the night then, i guess.

Wish you the best and welcome to Darkfall. ;)

I'll let it run whilst at college tomorrow~

It slows my internet down a stupid amount when I'm torrenting during peak hours.

Websites just refuse to load until I cancel p2p

Great. Just great.

I went ahead and bought it on steam to speed it up.

Downloaded in about 10 minutes. I start the game and oh..Yay. a massive patch that is now downloading at 30kb/s.

Even TERA has an option to switch off p2p.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Not saying to do this, but it could be done.
    Buy a dipole antenna.
    Buy a load balancing switch.
    Buy at least 5 wireless routers/adapters.
    Connect everything, dipole>router/adapter>switch.
    Find as many unsecured access points in your area and connect. Enjoy high speed.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Can't really blame the game for your terrible internet. Im in the UK too and manage to avoid BT just fine.
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Can't really blame the game for your terrible internet. Im in the UK too and manage to avoid BT just fine.

I can blame them for not having an option to disable P2P like most modern games.

Hell, mmo's back in 2004 had that option.

The internet is good when not downloading torrents and amazing with torrents outside of peak hours.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Sarariel
    Originally posted by Wicoa

I can blame them for not having an option to disable P2P like most modern games.

Hell, mmo's back in 2004 had that option.

The internet is good when not downloading torrents and amazing with torrents outside of peak hours.

Thats true.