Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ruthless Chaos - the return of RPG

KelstarEntertainmentKelstarEntertainment Member UncommonPosts: 22

The online RPG Ruthless Chaos is a 100% free2play game, created by Kelstar Entertainment. If you think that you got what’s needed for the most exciting adventure ever, this is your game!

Do you remember the first time you played an RPG? That unique feeling when going into unexplored dungeons and enjoyed discovering the most creepy places you could ever imagine?

Nowadays this RPG feeling is lost and players get desperate trying to find a real game that's on their level. We want to give you that RPG-feeling back.

Level up and gather your friends to become a legend!

We are glad to present:

Ruthless Chaos - The return of RPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC4NT8yOM2A

Release Date: February 4th 2014 at 18:00 CET (GMT+1)

Play now!

www.ruthlesschaos.com/play

Features:

- Explore a dynamic world full of secrets where every place means a new challenge.

- Team up with your friends to complete the over 300 quests you can find along the world.

- Enjoy your gaming experience in a comfortable and ever-growing community.

- Play one of the 4 different vocations and slay hundreds of different creatures.

- Login every day to complete daily challenges and get special rewards!

- Fight challenging bosses with scripted AI and find their weaknesses and special abilities.

- Take part in lots of World Events, Raids and Special Quests which require the cooperation of the whole server.

- Join the Sarlin Society and aid them in their fight to defeat the Ruthless Seven. Be the first one to defeat this mighty archdemons to be declared winner of the season, and thereby becomming a true legend!

Lore Summary:

Your homeland has been devastated. For centuries, mankind hunted demons, slaughtering their kind and banishing them into the depths of Hell. Until the Ruthless Seven, almighty archdemons, united all the demonic cabals in one crusade against mankind. City after city, the kingdoms of men succumbed to the hordes of demons. In a desperate attempt to survive, a group of heroes sailed off the city of Carlin into the unknown seas to find the unexplored land of Elendia. But peace would not last long, as the demonic army eventually found the new human settlements. Now, a thousands of demons are gathering, preparing for the final strike that will wipe out mankind. And somebody has come up with a plan, a desperate and risky plan. To sneak into the core of Hell itself, and strike the heart of the enemy. To slay the Ruthless Seven.

Donations:

- 100% free to play. You will not be forced to pay to fully enjoy the game in any means. However, in order to keep the game alive, we have implemented a Donation system, where you can donate to contribute to the game’s maintenance and development. We are strongly against any kind of Pay2Win system, and that’s why the rewards you can get for donating will not have any impact on the character’s gameplay.

Comments

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    ...oh boy another XtremeWorlds game

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• SolubolSolubol Member Posts: 1

@sirpk: Compared with that and it does not seem to have anything to do with that...

It looks promising! I will for sure try it out ;D

• PeraitaPeraita Member Posts: 1
    Looks cool, will give it a try :D
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453
    Can you give me a rundown of the PvP elements in the game? I see they are missing from the features list which makes me skeptical of trying this game.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

How come all games that promote themselves as a "return to RPG" also return to horrible, first generation graphics?  No thanks. 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

How come all games that promote themselves as a "return to RPG" also return to horrible, first generation graphics?  No thanks. 

Because developers can just excuse their laziness away as 'pixel art', which will also attract the rather large amount of nostalgic hipsters out there.

Graphics aren't the most important thing, but I agree with you 100%.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KelstarEntertainmentKelstarEntertainment Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by RebelScum99

As said, we believe that graphics are not the most important thing in a game. We wanted to create a game with a quality content. We also discovered that more complex graphics engines make it harder to balance a lot of the elements of the game. So we sticked with this extremely simple graphic engine. :)

Originally posted by Howbadisbad
    Can you give me a rundown of the PvP elements in the game? I see they are missing from the features list which makes me skeptical of trying this game.

PvP is actually one of the most important elements of the game. And one of the reasons we decided to stick with a more simple graphic engine. If you check out the trailer, you can see a sneak peek of how PvP will be in the game. PvP will be enabled in any place of the game world (except certain places of the town) and will revolve a lot around positioning and the environment.

Since the death penalty will be considerably high (the dieing character will drop his items which can be retrieved by the killer), death will mean a lot to a character. making guild relations and wars a fundamental aspect of progressing in the game. :)

1 hour until game release!
  • Sh3nanigansSh3nanigans Member Posts: 23

Bizarre game. 

There are 4 classes: druid, knight, paladin and sorcerer.

Combat is simple, you have a few stances to select from, defensive, offensive, balanced. Spells are cast by actually typing out the spell in your chat window. You click attack and it's automated as long as you stay within sight of the monster.

You start in a city which has been invaded by demons and there are a few quests to do. Haven't gone much farther and not sure if I will. 

• XuranuXuranu Member Posts: 3
    I can't believe no one else has spotted this. Guys this is literally just Tibia. Check their site out www.Tibia.com. Tibia came out in 1997, and was one of the first f2p mmos with a premium subscription. It has been extremely popular the last few years to create custom, and private Tibia servers known as OT's (Open Tibia Servers). This is not a unique game developed by this group. It is quite literally an illegal Open Tibia server with tweaks and a custom map. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of OT servers, but I want to make this very clear this game is not developed or created by this group. They merely modified an existing game.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Xuranu
    I can't believe no one else has spotted this. Guys this is literally just Tibia. Check their site out www.Tibia.com. Tibia came out in 1997, and was one of the first f2p mmos with a premium subscription. It has been extremely popular the last few years to create custom, and private Tibia servers known as OT's (Open Tibia Servers). This is not a unique game developed by this group. It is quite literally an illegal Open Tibia server with tweaks and a custom map. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of OT servers, but I want to make this very clear this game is not developed or created by this group. They merely modified an existing game.

Good catch dude. Checked out some info just to verify, screenshots from Tibia look the same as the OP's screenshots. And as the poster above you said, "There are 4 classes: druid, knight, paladin and sorcerer". Well sure enough on the Tibia wikipedia page it says, "Once a character reaches level eight they can go to the Island of Destiny where they choose a vocation from four choices. Knights specialize in melee, paladins in distance, sorcerers in offensive magic, and druids in healing magic."

• HoneyBluntsHoneyBlunts Member Posts: 14
    This game doesn't work with my joystick. 1.62/10
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well, if that's not Tibia, it's a really, really, really close approximation of Tibia's graphics.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Well, if that's not Tibia, it's a really, really, really close approximation of Tibia's graphics.

Our project started off as a Open Tibia server, as you said. However, since then we have changed so many fundamental things about it (incluiding graphic sprites) that we can't really call it an Open tibia server anymore. Yes, graphics will resemble a lot, since we use the same perspective/graphic system.

• xTRIxEDGExxTRIxEDGEx Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by KelstarEntertainment
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Our project started off as a Open Tibia server, as you said. However, since then we have changed so many fundamental things about it (incluiding graphic sprites) that we can't really call it an Open tibia server anymore. Yes, graphics will resemble a lot, since we use the same perspective/graphic system.

Problem is that it is still a private server regardless, marketing this as anything more than that is complete false advertisement and scummy.