Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

If this game was a MMORPG - can you imagine?

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,564Member Uncommon

Saw this on Kickstarter - (it's already 214% funded) - it's pretty mind blowing to me.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/

Just play that gameplay video on the top.

I love the whole dungeons and no dragons (or magic) - approach, authentic medieval combat.

This is what Pantheon should be like IMO (but with magic and dragons of course), well one can hope right?

Comments

• silverreignsilverreign Whitehouse, TXPosts: 402Member Uncommon

game looks amazing. just hate first person shit. if it wasnt for that, i would b all over this.

• RusqueRusque Las Vegas, NVPosts: 2,229Member Uncommon

No thank you to first person.

Also, "authentic" is a terrible descriptor for video game combat. I don't care how realistic people try to make it, just no, it's not at all anything resembling combat.

• R.LimaR.Lima BrasPosts: 116Member Uncommon
    Pantheon is targeting the old school Everquest 1 fans. I can't see how did would best attract them, considering it is so different. Nonetheless, sounds like a great game!
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Dallas, TXPosts: 954Member Uncommon
    Looks awesome, thanks for putting this on my radar.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,564Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Itherael
    Pantheon is targeting the old school Everquest 1 fans. I can't see how did would best attract them, considering it is so different. Nonetheless, sounds like a great game!

As a 15 year EQ1 vet.. I am ready for something different. You could have the old school mechanics of EQ1 done in a new way, a simple reskin with new lore and setting would be a huge letdown to me.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Posts: 208Member Uncommon
    To me, Gloria Victis seems to be the closets thing to a MMO version of this game.
  • laokokolaokoko TaipeiPosts: 2,003Member

ya people said the samething about dayZ.  I only hope they would make a mmorpg version of it.  It'll be great.

and TESO is coming out soon.  We'll see how single player translate to mmorpg.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Redlands, CAPosts: 3,675Member
    Looks like something to keep an eye out for.  I never get people who hate a first-person view and then complain about lack of realism and immersion.  How can you get any more immersive than playing first-person?

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by Rusque

No thank you to first person.

Also, "authentic" is a terrible descriptor for video game combat. I don't care how realistic people try to make it, just no, it's not at all anything resembling combat.

yeah the graphics looked good but the fighting looked more like authentic B movie acting.

• LyrianLyrian Posts: 295Member Uncommon

Thanks for reminding me to back this. I saw it on imgur a while ago...but certain other games have been taking up my time...and I forgot.

And in the spirit of discussion, no I would prefer that we have MORE singleplayer epic games, because they tend to last longer with community mod support than MMOs do.

• plat0nicplat0nic new york, NYPosts: 301Member
    Originally posted by Lyrian

Thanks for reminding me to back this. I saw it on imgur a while ago...but certain other games have been taking up my time...and I forgot.

And in the spirit of discussion, no I would prefer that we have MORE singleplayer epic games, because they tend to last longer with community mod support than MMOs do.

Don't think I've ever played a single player game that took more than a week to beat :$

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• LyrianLyrian Posts: 295Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by plat0nic
    Originally posted by Lyrian

Don't think I've ever played a single player game that took more than a week to beat :$

I haven't had an MMO or MMO expansion that has lasted more than 120 hours since BC. With good mods I can usually double or triple that in a single player game.

More of a state of the market than anything else.

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

They are on point targeting Witcher and Vikings. Vikings is an awesome freakin' show. I can't wait to see more of it and they recently opened up the old episodes on Hulu http://www.hulu.com/vikings

There is something so appealing about warring factions and history, is it because we have such an easy life now? Stores filled with food, education, lack of oppression in some areas. Something about when people fought for causes and gave their lives for things or accepted a subservient role is just interesting.

Maybe it was the greed of the Vikings that makes them appealing but I doubt the show is based on much fact, there is little known about them though some say they actually made it to the Americas and left remnants behind. I think they are clumped in as Solutreans in those ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTXCMYjwEk

It looks pretty good to me as a game and while foreign they can speak English so they wouldn't be stuck on translation.

I expect to get some of those castle wars out of ESO to scratch my itch there. You might remember their video that showcased some of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzJzSyvdSk

I want to use siege weapons, like, a lot. And they said you can improve them through crafting or a skill line, I don't remember but they aren't all the same. Unlike GW2 you can move most of them too instead of them all being stuck in a spot. I actually asked in GW2 forums for the ability to improve siege weapons so I was thinking of it before I found ESO mention it in their game. They are in my head.