Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If this game was a MMORPG - can you imagine?

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 13,175Member Legendary

Saw this on Kickstarter - (it's already 214% funded) - it's pretty mind blowing to me.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/

Just play that gameplay video on the top.

I love the whole dungeons and no dragons (or magic) - approach, authentic medieval combat.

This is what Pantheon should be like IMO (but with magic and dragons of course), well one can hope right?

Comments

• silverreignsilverreign Whitehouse, TXPosts: 439Member Uncommon

game looks amazing. just hate first person shit. if it wasnt for that, i would b all over this.

• RusqueRusque Las Vegas, NVPosts: 2,633Member Rare

No thank you to first person.

Also, "authentic" is a terrible descriptor for video game combat. I don't care how realistic people try to make it, just no, it's not at all anything resembling combat.

• R.LimaR.Lima BrasPosts: 127Member Uncommon
    Pantheon is targeting the old school Everquest 1 fans. I can't see how did would best attract them, considering it is so different. Nonetheless, sounds like a great game!
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Posts: 1,003Member Uncommon
    Looks awesome, thanks for putting this on my radar.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 13,175Member Legendary
    Originally posted by Itherael
    Pantheon is targeting the old school Everquest 1 fans. I can't see how did would best attract them, considering it is so different. Nonetheless, sounds like a great game!

As a 15 year EQ1 vet.. I am ready for something different. You could have the old school mechanics of EQ1 done in a new way, a simple reskin with new lore and setting would be a huge letdown to me.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Posts: 208Member Uncommon
    To me, Gloria Victis seems to be the closets thing to a MMO version of this game.
  • laokokolaokoko TaipeiPosts: 2,004Member Uncommon

ya people said the samething about dayZ.  I only hope they would make a mmorpg version of it.  It'll be great.

and TESO is coming out soon.  We'll see how single player translate to mmorpg.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Redlands, CAPosts: 3,675Member Common
    Looks like something to keep an eye out for.  I never get people who hate a first-person view and then complain about lack of realism and immersion.  How can you get any more immersive than playing first-person?

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by Rusque
    No thank you to first person. Also, "authentic" is a terrible descriptor for video game combat. I don't care how realistic people try to make it, just no, it's not at all anything resembling combat.

yeah the graphics looked good but the fighting looked more like authentic B movie acting.

• LyrianLyrian Posts: 412Member Uncommon

Thanks for reminding me to back this. I saw it on imgur a while ago...but certain other games have been taking up my time...and I forgot.

And in the spirit of discussion, no I would prefer that we have MORE singleplayer epic games, because they tend to last longer with community mod support than MMOs do.

• plat0nicplat0nic new york, NYPosts: 301Member
    Originally posted by Lyrian
    Thanks for reminding me to back this. I saw it on imgur a while ago...but certain other games have been taking up my time...and I forgot.   And in the spirit of discussion, no I would prefer that we have MORE singleplayer epic games, because they tend to last longer with community mod support than MMOs do.

Don't think I've ever played a single player game that took more than a week to beat :$

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• LyrianLyrian Posts: 412Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by plat0nic
    Originally posted by Lyrian
    Thanks for reminding me to back this. I saw it on imgur a while ago...but certain other games have been taking up my time...and I forgot.   And in the spirit of discussion, no I would prefer that we have MORE singleplayer epic games, because they tend to last longer with community mod support than MMOs do.

Don't think I've ever played a single player game that took more than a week to beat :$

I haven't had an MMO or MMO expansion that has lasted more than 120 hours since BC. With good mods I can usually double or triple that in a single player game.

More of a state of the market than anything else.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Uncommon
    The user and all related content has been deleted.