Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Final Fantasy Returns with...Bravely Default?

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

There’s an Elder Scrolls Online beta weekend coming up this Friday and while I would normally be excited to get in and play, I’m even more excited to finally get my hands on Bravely Default, which releases in North America on the same day.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Final Fantasy Returns with...Bravely Default?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Just got a Zelda Edition 3DS XL for my birthday and this is the reason I asked for one! Although my wife doesn't know that. She and our nieces all play Animal Crossing together and wanting a punching bag for their toy hammers.....so guess who also got Animal Crossing for his birthday....image Oh well Bravely Default will be well worth the beatings!image

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sounds like an incredible game for a console,too bad i won't be buying anymore consoles,my last was a PS3 and i never use it.

No idea why they would limit their resources to one console since the whole premise behind Square is to make games for multi platforms.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Sounds like an incredible game for a console,too bad i won't be buying anymore consoles,my last was a PS3 and i never use it.

No idea why they would limit their resources to one console since the whole premise behind Square is to make games for multi platforms.

One, was probably a deal with Nintendo. Two, it was probably the style of game they were making. Obviously a 3DS game is completely different graphically than even a Wii game let alone a Wii U, PS3/4, or Xbox 360/One game.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    if SE started releasing their JRPGs on PC again I would be buying a lot more game from them :P.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by NetSage
    if SE started releasing their JRPGs on PC again I would be buying a lot more game from them :P.

If only!

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY  BEAUTIFUL.

Edgar F Greenwood

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    WHAT REALLY GETS ME IS HOW SQUARE ENIX PUTS ALL THERE GOOD GAMES ON THE FUNKY ASS WII OR 3DS.

Edgar F Greenwood

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    The game at the start is good, but when you reach the last episodes, is boring. 100% complete with the 2 different finals.
  • victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by NetSage

If only!

Well, there's Final Fantasy VII and VIII, with VIII having some notable fanpatches to add better details and music.

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This will be bought tomorrow :)

I feel bad for the PC holdouts. You guys are missing out on so many good games across many platforms.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I feel bad for the PC holdouts. You guys are missing out on so many good games across many platforms.

Yup, anyone who hasn't played The Last of Us has deprived themselves of a masterpiece (and the best ending in video gaming history).

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yup, anyone who hasn't played The Last of Us has deprived themselves of a masterpiece (and the best ending in video gaming history).

I dont know about that because Metal gear 4 had a pretty epic ending.  It was like watching an hour long movie.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

Looks awesome but no 3DS D:

/pcftw

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    want to play, no 3DS, boo
  • CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Not as good as FF6, just sayin'

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• IkionIkion Member Posts: 3
    Most of us are looking forward to this, I presume?
  • Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    if it was vita, or that so far pointless ps4 I bought, or PC I'd buy.. 3ds only seems like a weird choice.
  • AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I'm trying the demo, one of the best graphical achievements I've seen on the 3DS so far, I'm impressed. Going to pick it up after the demo from the eshop. I have the collectors edition coming, I don't think I'll open it and HOARD it.  Yes.
  • YearofthesquidYearofthesquid Member Posts: 5
    Really want to play this game, however I am not going to buy a 3DS just for this game. I wish Square made more games like this though especially for the next gen. 
  • StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Not interested in handheld systems.  It's a shame, since I'd have bought this if it were on pretty much any other platform.