Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am i Buying into 1 or 2 games

2»

Comments

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52

lol you are paying money to play a free game

/logic

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    What people spend or not spend their money on should not be your concern. But Landmark is fun and it is interesting to participate in something that feels new and different. The items you get for the money are good (and will probably be in the cash shop later).

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i dont like when mmos rely on whales to survive a little bit longer before dying, but i also dont like completely free leeches.

While i am looking forward to EQN there are 2 things that I strongly believe should happen:

1) a box price instead of paid alpha access so everyone puts some money down in order to play

or

2) paying for Landmark alpha access (both $60 or $100) also grants access to the full EQN release as well as Landmark

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by rojo6934

i dont like when mmos rely on whales to survive a little bit longer before dying, but i also dont like completely free leeches.

While i am looking forward to EQN there are 2 things that I strongly believe should happen:

1) a box price instead of paid alpha access so everyone puts some money down in order to play

or

2) paying for Landmark alpha access (both $60 or $100) also grants access to the full EQN release as well as Landmark

Let's clear up a slight missunderstanding.  When you bought a Trailblazer pack you did so because of the package it included.  Some of the items in the package are items that will be useful for release as well as during the alpha/beta.  You also get early access to the Alpha.  If you think of the $100 as only granting early access to a playable game you are sorely mistaken. 

Everquest Next Landmark and Everquest Next are two different games.  Why would they need to include access to Everquest Next with the Landmark Founders Packs?   

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    There is a pretty good chance that without people willing to give money to the developers like this the publisher would get itchy feet and either make them strip away features or launch the game before it's ready.

Playing first and getting a strong base in an mmo is a huge advantage, one worth the price they are asking for.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Those who make fun of us who paid for alpha/beta access forget one thing, as I already said in numerous other threads.

We also get early access to the game, since everything we build, we can save as templates which we can use again in closed beta, open beta and after release, and which we will be able to sell to other players for real cash via player studio.

We basically have several months of advantage to get used to the game and prepare our templates for sale at release.

And of course, we get a few quite useful items too.

I think that's definitely worth the $60 I've paid so far, and the $100 it will become because I'm most likely going to upgrade my Explorer pack to a Trailblazer one.

Have they ever clarified whether the monetary gain by templates actually translates into direct money (can be withdrawn into your bank account), or whether it translates into station cash (equates to real money, but can't actually be converted)?

Just curious.

Originally posted by amber-r

Playing first and getting a strong base in an mmo is a huge advantage, one worth the price they are asking for.

Yes if it is a good game, if Landmark would have been a POS it would have been a disastrous move especially with no NDA,

Petrarch

Originally posted by aesperus

Have they ever clarified whether the monetary gain by templates actually translates into direct money (can be withdrawn into your bank account), or whether it translates into station cash (equates to real money, but can't actually be converted)?

Just curious.

You have to be a US resident (at this time but they say they are trying to change that) to sell in the templates and resources. As there will be some sort of quality check on templates (I assume) few will make any money on templates, most people will make money on sales of resources and items. But yes it will be real $ to your account.

Looking how the real money auction house worked in D3 I am personally not sure how this will work out in Landmark, I still think Landmark is a great game but well see about the template sales.

Petrarch

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Knytta

Just curious.

You have to be a US resident (at this time but they say they are trying to change that) to sell in the templates and resources. As there will be some sort of quality check on templates (I assume) few will make any money on templates, most people will make money on sales of resources and items. But yes it will be real $ to your account.

Looking how the real money auction house worked in D3 I am personally not sure how this will work out in Landmark, I still think Landmark is a great game but well see about the template sales.

Uh, you won't be selling resources and the only items that will be sold is the typical Player Studio designed items that don't have stats.

Originally posted by ice-vortex

Uh, you won't be selling resources and the only items that will be sold is the typical Player Studio designed items that don't have stats.

Well as I said few will make money on selling templates and that should not be your motivation for playing Landmark. If you can't sell resources for $ it will be sold for in game currency, the rare metal and gems will be VERY valuable when Landmark goes live, unless they change the chance to find them of course.

BUT No One should play Landmark and hope to make $ as few will be that skilled.

Petrarch

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Knytta

Just curious.

So Canada is SOL in this? Would you mind posting where you read that please.