Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Mythic & Broadsword Online Games Pilot Next Chapter

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mythic and Broadsword Online Games, founded by Mythic Entertainment co-founder Rob Denton and a number of Mythic veterans, have formed a partnership to take over the development reins of Dark Age of Camelot. EA will continue to provide billing and account services via Origin, but the development of the game will rest in the hands of the aforementioned studios.

What does the transition to Broadsword mean for Dark Age of Camelot?

EA/Mythic and Broadsword are working really hard to make sure that this transition is as smooth as possible. On February 5th, you shouldn’t notice a thing. Going forward, we hope to bring about some exciting new changes, improved Customer Support, and increased correspondence with the DAoC community.

Broadsword’s dedicated team will also work to modernize and improve existing DAoC content, complete long-awaited improvements to The Camelot Herald, and establish compelling new features for Dark Age of Camelot, both in-game and out.

Read the rest of the FAQ and the letter on the Dark Age of Camelot site.

What do YOU think the future holds for DAoC? Let us know in the comments!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    That sounds like good news to me !
  • DruthlenDruthlen Member Posts: 18
    Engine update or yawn? One of the two.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    wow I never in a million years expected to read about this. Maybe now this game can be modernized as best as the engine allows. It would be great to bring this game back from life support and actually see new content and changes to the game. To bad they couldnt do this for warhammer online before EA shut the doors or before that keeping it on life support with no dev  support.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    If they modernize it I may finally get to see what everyone has been raving about for so long.  This is exciting.
  • ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Wow. This could get interesting. I can't wait to hear more details.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    As DAOC is one of my all-time favorites, this has definitely caught my attention.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I've moved on to other games that aren't connected in any way to EA. It'll take a lot more than restoring the Camelot Herald to get me interested in subscribing to DAOC again.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    As DAOC is one of my all-time favorites, this has definitely caught my attention.

Same here

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    New engine and modern UI for current DAoC and i'll be there in a heartbeat.
  • NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by meddyck
    I've moved on to other games that aren't connected in any way to EA. It'll take a lot more than restoring the Camelot Herald to get me interested in subscribing to DAOC again.

Ditto, I also am backing Camelot Unchained... Darkage had it's day, it was good times , but RIP and anything backed by a big publisher has little promise in my book. SOE ruined their games. Activision ruined WoW. EA ruined many games. 

I used to be very anti-indie games, but more and more indie games impress me and surpass my expectations. I am not saying I will not play a game made by a big publishing house, but I will wait until ratings come out first.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Star Wars The Old Republic
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Originally posted by kishe
    New engine and modern UI for current DAoC and i'll be there in a heartbeat.

I second that!

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Interesting, will have to see how this pans out.  I know my friends and I would come back in a heartbeat if it turned out well.
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

I"m wondering who'd handle the account recovery aspect of the game now?

I tried recovering access to my multiple accounts and it was a nightmare that I eventually gave up on. I'd enjoy having access to my old toons again but I won't go through that circle jerk mess with "customer service" from EA again...

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Reinstalling...

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.