Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are Anime Style MMORPGs dead ?

mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
 I have been looking to play a decent Anime style MMO but it seems like every game in the genre just isn't good.Sure a lot of these MMOs keep coming out by the boatload but most end up being crap.So i wanted to ask if there are any decent Anime MMMOrpgs left and what is their future ? Also i would be thankful if you could also recommend some good ones with decent graphics and not too much grinding as most of these tend to be typical Asian grindfests with heavy dependence on cash shop and pay2win aspect.I am very new to the MMOrpg genre and currently playing my first ever MMOrpg called NeverWinter and am enjoying it so far.Also i looked through the forums a lot most people do not dicuss Anime MMOrpgs i want to know why are they not as popular as traditional WOW type MMos.Also are there any decent ones coming out soon ?

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Aion? Tera?

I dunno, I generally don't mind the Anime aesthetic, but I do hate some of the "cutesy" stuff they do.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Well Aion and Tera fall into the category of WoW style MMOs.Anime themed means games like Mabinogi,Eden Eternal,Dragon's Nest etc.I tried Mabinogi as it has been generally well received by the MMO community but it seems its too complicated for a newbie to get into so which leaves Dragons Nest and other Anime style games by Areia but everyone seems to hate games published by Areia ?
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Mabinogi is, was, and will always be the greatest of the cutsy mmo's.  Grind fest is synonymous with mmorpg no matter the graphic style.  The kill ten mobs and hand in this quest will always be there.  At least in Mabinogi there are so many options you forget the grind.  It's best played with a group of friends you know in real life.  Organizing a bunch of strangers to go where you want to go and do what you want to do is hair pulling.  But events are easy to converge on with anybody.

I see people mentioned Aion that is like adult anime.  Usually when someone says "anime style" they mean the cherub looking characters.  I guess OP needs to define what anime style means to him/her?

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    try aura kingdom..game is a blast....and new content is coming this febuary!
    Yes i was considering Aura Kingdom it seems to be a nice game however its still in Open Beta right ? So are there any bugs or issues ?Also its made by Areia so how does the cash shop work ?
    Hey Jemcrystal yes by Anime i meant cutesy cartoon style characters and world.As for non Anime MMOs i think NeverWinter is the best which is what am currently playing.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Rusque

Aion? Tera?

I dunno, I generally don't mind the Anime aesthetic, but I do hate some of the "cutesy" stuff they do.

That and...

...the under-age teenage hookers the female characters always look like

...not to mention the effeminate-looking male characters

...the stupidly-gargantuan melee weapons

...and last but not least the screeching and coruscating light-shows during combat.

• Gither79Gither79 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Anime type- http://welcome.megaten.marvelous-usa.com/

the gfx arent the best. but the game is good.