Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero's Journey: Q&A #13 & Screens #32

Melissa Meyer returns from a holiday-break from our bi-weekly Q&A and weekly screenshot features to provide us with five more questions and answers - this week focusing on future gameplay experience - and two new screenshots - one of which shows their new use of bloom.

image MMORPG.com: What do you envision players doing on the first day of play?

Melissa Meyer: If players are anything like me, they’ll spend their first day of play in the character creator. I can spend hours and hours trying out different appearance combinations and trying to build a theme or a specific look. There are so many options that it’s not uncommon to be inspired for a specific look by outside resources (books, games, movies, etc.) and then recreate that look in the Hero’s Journey character creator.

Once done creating their character, they’ll have the opportunity to participate in a tutorial. With the tutorial complete, the world is their oyster! They may choose to take on a job around town, go on their first quest, investigate the living world machines of the area, or go hunting. 

You can read the full article and view the images here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656
    As always, thankyou Liss and Dana.

Simply cannot wait... *sigh*.. ARRGHH!!!

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• icecrossicecross Member Posts: 78

Ok, compared to previous screenshots this was JAW-DROPPING great! Now give us the game! No? Awww you're mean...

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Sounds like great fun and I can't wait to see it in action! Thanks for the Q&A guys!

• RupardRupard Member Posts: 57
    Sorry, but your grass is way way way way WAY WAY WAY too bright.  Doens't match the rest of the environment, it really makes the screenshot look worse than it could have been, I think little things like that are important.  Try to be more consistant.  Thanks!
  • majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Really looks great.  I am so in need of a fresh new game which I am looking forward to in Hero's Journey.

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

That one screen... that single screen was absolutely fantastic!! I mean you've got to eb freakin kidding me!

Also, the creature AI, guesting system, character creation....

Unbelievable!

::::04::

Beta now plzkthx.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

What Im curious about is whats the substance behind the picture? Obviously thats a village. Is it a istanced area or perhaps a small hamlet? There was also mention of Resource battles with the creatures. I was curious what kinds of resoources? Will they be common collectables such as iron, wood and such? Or perhaps mission oreinted. Take for instance two groups of ai in a instance, one needs the quarry to build a wall. The other for there catapults. The possibilities are quite infinite but there many. Lastly congratulations on your enemy modelers! They just blow my mind. They have style and grace to them often missing in many games. Albeit a few have tried..

• HJ-RoyceHJ-Royce Hero's Journey GMMember Posts: 242

Originally posted by Rupard
    Sorry, but your grass is way way way way WAY WAY WAY too bright.  Doens't match the rest of the environment, it really makes the screenshot look worse than it could have been, I think little things like that are important.  Try to be more consistant.  Thanks!

I only "wish" my lawn looked like that.

HJ-Royce
    Simutronics Staff (GM)
    http://www.play.net/hj/

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Rupard

Did it really warrant 7 "way"'s? It's a fantasy game and I think it looks brilliant. Funny how what one person can think is a defining factor can be another persons immersion killer. 3 letters, one word.

Meh.

• demukazzdemukazz Member Posts: 1

bump::::06::

• voltayrvoltayr Member Posts: 1

The question was asked what will the players game be like at the end of 6months and also 2 years.  From the answer that was given..."expansion packs" it seems like for the hardcore gamers its going to be just like all the rest alot of dead time with nothing to do.  Not the games fault but something in our future games must be done where the higher levels have more to do than pvp over a spawn point or just raid high level dungeons that require 60 people at  a time...

Graphics do look great.

• HJ-RowellHJ-Rowell Hero's Journey<br>World DesignerMember Posts: 46

Actually, as with other Simutronics games, such as GemStones and DragonRealms, there will be continued GM support and new content added. GemStones has been around....well, a very long time. Has to be at least 15 years now. And this is a non-graphical game. The key to keeping players happy 6 months, 2 years down the road is to keep the game fresh and entertaining. Simutronics and their army of GM's has proven that they have the know-how and the stamina to do this right.

-------------------------
    "An area decorated in blood, is an area decorated with love."
    - HJ-Rowell

Former Simutronics Staff (ASGM)
    Hero's Journey - World Building Team

http://play.net/hj/

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by HJ-Rowell
    Actually, as with other Simutronics games, such as GemStones and DragonRealms, there will be continued GM support and new content added. GemStones has been around....well, a very long time. Has to be at least 15 years now. And this is a non-graphical game. The key to keeping players happy 6 months, 2 years down the road is to keep the game fresh and entertaining. Simutronics and their army of GM's has proven that they have the know-how and the stamina to do this right.

Thats all nice and dandy but i think its time for you guys to release some details about your PVP rulesets and features. That will surely give this game the hype it deserves.