Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I hype GV higher than 10?

superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Can't believe that precisely the game I'd been longing for years is currently being made. On top of that, it's refreshing to see these Indie developers actively listen and respond to the community.

It's time for an EPIC, realistic medieval game that totally kicks ass, a-la-Game of Thrones style!

Where chivalry and knighthood mean something,

Where there will be no grand show of rainbow-colored spells and flashy fireballs,

Where players can develop their skills in any way they so choose,

Where success in combat requires practice, tactics and strategy,

Where magic is a rare entity available to the occultists,

Where regular folk such as Blacksmiths both give quests and go about their regular lives,

Where defense of oneself from ill-willed foes is important throughout much of the world,

Where battles, sieges, duels, and tournaments are constantly taking place,

And where triumph over challengers rewards you with some of their loot.

Folks, signs of the next big thing are right over here.

Comments

• Juice2000Juice2000 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Sounds like Age of Wushu but swapping the Chinese setting for a medieval one. If that is the case it will be a pretty awesome game.

In fact ive just been to the main website and although its not made by snail the graphic style is the same and the interface almost identical. Looks like they may  have bought the engine or model and  reskinned it. Makeing a few alterations where needed. Explains why they can do it on no budget. 

I always thought using the wushu game play model on different eras like medieval, roman etc would be awesome so ill be looking forward to this game. 

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    No, 10 is max.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Was just listening some of the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOE8mcE380&list=PLmXkgyDGlr_NR6h_uevpFBM6wRcxQv-mh

Very impressive.

• hatetatehatetate Member Posts: 1

This one is totally giving me chills.

• AlzybubAlzybub Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I just checked this out and donated, if this succeeds it looks to be a fantastic game. image
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Been in alpha for a very long time, has a ton of potential. Wish they had more devs though so work could be done faster but can't expect that from an indie dev.

• bambarylkabambarylka Member Posts: 6
    I wish I could
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

ok you've convinced me to donate and see for myself.

So far it sounds great.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I dunno. Looks like another Mortal Online to me.

Will be following, but not putting down any money before I try. Good luck though.

• agataaagataaaagataaagataaa Member Posts: 1
    I'v been playing it for a while already. Registered to put my hype as I cant support them more with my money now. Definnetly worth it!
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

... waits impatiently for the alpha update that's coming soon ...

Heard a rumor that it will be there today
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by bambarylka

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god ....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Man, it seems like all these next gen games are so far away :(

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Sawlstone

I'm so easily hyped for gritty sandbox games :( I might give them money soon.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Sawlstone

I'm so easily hyped for gritty sandbox games :( I might give them money soon.

TBH, being part of a community from the start thats small and all interested in the same thing is worht the 12$. People are from France, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Czech, Serbia, Portugal, USA, Canada and I'm sure other places. No hate, we all want the same game :)

• jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Just donated $40 for their dev efforts, yesterday, as I believe this game has massive, massive potential and the makings of a great community.  Dinked around with the character generator this morning and will hit the game world tonite - can't wait !!

New version is up! omg looting players already let me check it
  • JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Yeah, new patch is on we will put official announce after hotfix but anyone with game key can join it right now.
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by juice2000

Sounds like Age of Wushu but swapping the Chinese setting for a medieval one. If that is the case it will be a pretty awesome game.In fact ive just been to the main website and although its not made by snail the graphic style is the same and the interface almost identical. Looks like they may  have bought the engine or model and  reskinned it. Makeing a few alterations where needed. Explains why they can do it on no budget. I always thought using the wushu game play model on different eras like medieval, roman etc would be awesome so ill be looking forward to this game. 

I've tried Age of Wushu and I play GV atm. GV is better game, thrust me...
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Well i must admit i threw $15 at this yesterday, the music you get downloaded is awesome lol :) love the classical/medieval music

The game pre-alpha is in better nick than some open beta's ive played (looking at your dragons prophet & neverwinter) 

I would say to anyone thinking about this, given the game will be free to play and free to download, just throw the devs a little cash (1-2hours pay) download and come on in, help the guys out

Keep up the good work, enjoying my short time in this so far :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• buhahahabuhahaha Member Posts: 2
    Hello :)
  • goladorgolador Member Posts: 2
    Hi :)
  • darrelcajulisdarrelcajulis Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. I've checked out some video of this game on youtube and Im quite interested. If I opt to support them by donating, will I be able to play the game today? Are servers up? Thanks.