Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screenshots and stuff (EDITED Now with video^^)

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Feb 11th UPDATE: Made a small video of the temple I am building. For some reason Youtube did not make

this in HD. Grr... Need to check out why. Hope you like it nonetheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-3ymR_gpg

Alas, even for Alpha I feel the game wasn't ready for the unwashed masses. Still, I have the feeling Landmarks and EQN are going to be great games. For now though the frustration about bugs and issues dominate.

Still I thought to share some screenies for those of you not in Alpha. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906

I really like the Parkour system or whatever it's called. I spent about an hour just trying to do all the flips.

Awful lot of people playing. I guess they'll need to add a server.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

Awful lot of people playing. I guess they'll need to add a server.

They are adding some this week and will probably change the server setup too.

As for the OP, this alpha is less buggy than a lot of alpha I've seen. The majority of problem they are having is that too many people are trying to play it. See, they never tested multiple maps before and most of the issues are related to that.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Looks beautiful, very please with the aesthetic. Build me something nice, I look forward to EQN, but I'm not much of a minecrafter.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I like the art and textures. I wish I could see a larger image though and I am curious about your rig and the graphics settings when these were taken.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    An Alpha state software is always bugridden and missing features. That is what the definition of Alpha is. If anyone is expecting smooth gameplay, you are doing it wrong. People in the game now are there to test and offer feedback, not play for the sake of playing.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Personally going to wait for Beta, but thanks for showing the pics, looks like when they get all the bugs ironed out it is going to be a fantastic game.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

There is a LOT of balancing to do, IMVPO. They have 2 servers with, I dunno, 2 dozen zones, each the size of an entire SWG planet, and after 3 days EVERY centimeter is taken by claims now. It took me about 10 hours just running over places to find a claimable spot. Oof. So I carved a platform and a cave into a mountainside.

I only liked the pictures, to show the full screen resolution. I can play at high settings with about 25-30 fps, there is ultra, but then it drops to 15 fps.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Elikal/Image32_zpscc9bb834.jpg~original

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Elikal/Image33_zps431f5972.jpg~original

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Elikal/Image35_zps03ed8fe9.jpg~original

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Elikal/Image36_zpse8ed8eb4.jpg~original

In the last pic you see some furniture I crafted and a door, which can already be used.

Oh since someone wanted to know my rig:

I7 Aspire V3-772G, 2.2 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 760M, Windows 8.1, 8 GB RAM

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    An Alpha state software is always bugridden and missing features. That is what the definition of Alpha is. If anyone is expecting smooth gameplay, you are doing it wrong. People in the game now are there to test and offer feedback, not play for the sake of playing.

I disagree, people who bought founder packs are there to play, not test.

Testers are paid by the company for their services or are given free access for their services, they are not asked to *pay* to test.

It would be akin to asking employees to pay and come work for you.

Sure you can offer feedback as an early alpha player, but you are not required to, you can simply just play.

Alpha testers are required to write feedback and bug reports - again here its not the case.

What DMKano says is true...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    They use the words alpha and test so that everyone understands what they are getting into. Unfortunately you just can't account for the complete lack of comprehension that some people exhibit.
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    We can argue what "alpha" means but SOE has made it clear that the game is unfinished and buggy. They want us "alpha" testers to help develope the game. If you don't agree with this state of affairs they are offering full refunds to those who misunderstood their intentions.

Sigh, the landscape reset itself, so my entire comfy home is gone. :(

Only the furniture remained, I had to dig it out of the mountain though.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by Elikal

Hehe, sorry for you, but that's kind of funny! :)

How big is the game client?

Can you give permissions to other people on your claim and start digging/building with friends right now or it's not in yet?

Originally posted by blaster101
    Originally posted by Elikal

Hehe, sorry for you, but that's kind of funny! :)

How big is the game client?

Can you give permissions to other people on your claim and start digging/building with friends right now or it's not in yet?

The client is currently 25 GB.

Yeah you can give permissions to use or not use anything on your claim. By default it is open to all, so you can usually craft on any station of any person's claim. I assume the same can be set with digging and building.

Lol, it was sad, I really liked how it had turned out. Funny was, that I dug myself into a giant hole I could not escape in the process of findig my door inside the mountain. XD

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Testers are paid by the company for their services or are given free access for their services, they are not asked to *pay* to test.

Sure you can offer feedback as an early alpha player, but you are not required to, you can simply just play.

Alpha testers are required to write feedback and bug reports - again here its not the case.

I bought the pack and am there to provide feedback, not play or test, although those are obviously part of the experience.

They've said that bug hunting and "testing" is more for beta and that alpha is only ~60% finished, so much more to add that any real "fixing" at this point will be followed by more problems after every patch.

I never signed up to be a "tester" and the idea that they or any company has to follow some unwritten playbook is a bit outdated. Same goes for people trying to define the concept of "sandbox", every company and player has their own view. While I'm sure most of us think our way is "best", I doubt the countless others agree.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315

Yeah I am there to try and break stuff if at all possible.  I will send notes if I see stuff not working right, or if something about game play bothers me I will send feedback.  To be fair though I have been to busy working to get in and mess around much,

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I really like the visuals, I have not joined the alpha and probably will not as I do not have the time to run alpha level games right now (barely have time to play anything) but I do like how the visuals are shaping up despite the doom and gloom we heard a year ago.

I am looking forward to seeing other races in game.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I can't wait until EQN after seeing pics of Landmark!

I am currently constructing my Chapel of Spirituality: