Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: 38-Page New Pilot Guide Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EVE Online can be a daunting game for new players. To assist the uninitiated, CCP has released a brand new 38-page new pilots guide to help smooth the learning curve a bit. It is downloadable in .pdf format from the official site.

Check it out on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Can i just add, for new players, if you plan on being serious in EvE this is just a bit of light reading :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89
    It's not like this anymore!

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Crazylike
    It's not like this anymore!

Wait... People still play POTBS?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    No game confuses me more than EVE when I watch the live streams on Twitch.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    No game confuses me more than EVE when I watch the live streams on Twitch.

That's a good thing, it means it has content you have to learn,  I can watch a WOW stream as a total noob and after 10 mins I know what WOW is all about and seen all the content, have discussions with a hardcore 24/7 raid leader and tell him how it is done.....without ever subbing.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Eve isn't complicated.......there is just lots of easy to understand information out there to learn.

Don't listen to the people trying to tell you otherwise.

Do the tutorials....that will give you a basic knowledge of core information to get you started plus ships and isk (ingame money).

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Eve isn't complicated.......there is just lots of easy to understand information out there to learn.

Don't listen to the people trying to tell you otherwise.

Do the tutorials....that will give you a basic knowledge of core information to get you started plus ships and isk (ingame money).

I am agreed here !

Eve is hard but not complicated just accept fact EVE is sandbox &  there are not limitations

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by rentantilus

The sad thing is that CCP thinks their game is amazing because it has over 400,000 subscribers...

I didn't get that memo. :( 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre