Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New game Eldevin seeks to satisfy

omenz6omenz6 Member Posts: 3

I've been hearing talk of a browser based mmorpg called Eldevin lately on these boards and some others and decided to check it out for myself. I've never played a browser mmorpg, I've always stuck to the big guns like EQ,DAOC,AoC,AC,Rift,Aion etc... so I wasn't expecting much out of it. Suffice to say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not going to write a review but I will say this game has it all, crafting,gathering,grinding,questing,exciting dungeons and best of all PVP. After two evening of playing I got my Mage/Prophet (You can do a hybrid) to level 10, the minimum required level for PvP. While I did go up against level 40's in the PvP Scenarios the bolster effect was enough that a Macho Man like me didn't have any problem going toe to toe with level 40's in decked out gear. The combat system plays like any top name mmo, the skills are good, the classes seem balanced and it's all played on a freaking browser!!! I have a shitty boring job but my boss checks to see that we aren't downloading anything so this was perfect for me. I just log in and go. No more boring night shifts, wahoo.  

Comments

• KatinkoKatinko Member Posts: 8
    Yeah it's not a bad game at all, hopefully they get their downloadable client running soon and fix the hardware acceleration issues, lots of people on their forums complaining about CPU overheating issues.
  • plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    def a. good game 

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I dunno, there's just something about the camera angle I just can't get used to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    More Eldevin "marketing."  At least try to get a few posts under your belt, first.  Much less conspicuous that way. 
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I dunno, there's just something about the camera angle I just can't get used to.

Agreed.  Overall, I liked the game but the camera angle was a major turn off.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    More Eldevin "marketing."  At least try to get a few posts under your belt, first.  Much less conspicuous that way. 

Yeah damn those sneaking shills making accounts 8 years ago. They're not fooling us right! ......

• omenz6omenz6 Member Posts: 3
    Just trying to help a new game get some more pop :)
  • omenz6omenz6 Member Posts: 3
    Yes the restricted camera angle is my biggest gripe as well, maybe because it's browser based?
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

I dislike the camera angle a ton and I also do not like the gathering requirements.  Even if you avoid the actual crafting -- you still have to hit mushrooms many thousands of times just to not outlevel your environment for other gatherables that you now have to hit tens of thousands of times.

Other than that the game works. 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

The OP's join date is from 2006. I'm pretty sure he didn't create the account 8 years ago with the intent of marketing a browser MMO 8 years in the future.

• Sh3nanigansSh3nanigans Member Posts: 23

This game is OK. 

Camera angle is horrible, I just couldn't get used to it. Other than that it's your typical theme park MMORPG. You won't find anything innovative here. 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Seems decent, but it won't run well on my machine in a browser. Waiting for the stand-alone client before giving it a serious look.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    What does this game do that others don't?

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Nevermind, I just watched some gameplay videos...   Graphics are absolute trash, and animations are barely existent.  I guess it's a "good" game if you work some crappy night job and only have access to a browser, but that says more about your job than it does the game...

You make me like charity

Originally posted by asmkm22
    What does this game do that others don't?

Nothing really. It's very strong in WoW elements. 

I hung around for a couple weeks and did some crafting, grouping and questing and nothing stood out to me.  

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

Ugh, another game using the ugly eyesore that is the WoW UI without changing anything. Great.

What is actually unique or interesting about this game? Are the dungeons public? Is the PvP massive? Is grouping encouraged? Is there a death penalty?

The game is mediocre and offers nothing new or unique. It does OK as a theme park WoW copy.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    The first major update is coming this month and it includes WASD movement and a much improved camera angle. For those who were turned off by the game because of those things, hop back on board because it's coming.
    Isaiah 41:10
    i really dont think its attempting to take on wow. its browser based for starters. its not focused on endgame raiding.This game is great for what it seeks to achieve. Good clean fun accessibl. from anywhere on the planet.Slow down wow fanbois Eldevin isnttrying to rock your boat....

it's like a mini wow accessible from any computer with a mouse and keyboard. Take it for what it is. Don't try and compare a dirtbike to a cadilac, what's the point?

Not a WoW fanboy, don't even play it.

But it has strong WoW elements. To me it was just another boring WoW like theme park. 

It does well for a browser game but didn't do anything to hold my interest.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by plat0nic
    it's like a mini wow accessible from any computer with a mouse and keyboard. Take it for what it is. Don't try and compare a dirtbike to a cadilac, what's the point?

So its a smaller version of a tired, mediocre game, got it. Pass.

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by plat0nic

So its a smaller version of a tired, mediocre game, got it. Pass.

Don't like dirtbiking? :D