Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext is boring.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

Why does it look like a boring game?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FlRvhj6kDs

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    because you dont like it, which is not a real reason to find it boring anyway...

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    video
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    sigh

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Your question is not at all loaded and perfectly reasonable. Thus I'm going to answer it with the diligence it deserves.

Troll.

Originally posted by skyline385
    sigh

le sigh

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178

The $ony gods will come down and smite you were you stand heathen.

That is if they are not too bored and fall asleep....

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374

Because for one, that video isn't of EQNext but rather Everquest Next Landmark, which is currently in alpha right now with only 60% of the features.

Second, the video is only 30 seconds long featuring just one aspect which can easily be drawn as "boring," just because it's a video of only one thing.

Really though, landmark is only for those who enjoy building like Minecraft or Terraria.  Regular MMO players wouldn't find it to their taste in this current stage.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Last I checked, this was EQNLM, not EQN. Furthermore, as stated by another poster above me, the video is all of 30 seconds long. That's like me posting a video of fishing in WoW or some other task of tedium in any other MMO (they ALL have one), and you basing how "boring" the entire game is because of that 30 second blurb. If that's all it takes to steer you away from a game, well, you know the old proverb about the door and not letting it hit you on the way out......
  • SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Such a thought provoking thread.
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Kiyoris
    sigh

le sigh

sigh

Originally posted by Speedhaak

It didn't have the video at first. Now iit is pretty awesome.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I don't think this 25 second clip provides enough information to make a judgement.

For your interest, the gameplay that I saw in the clip could easily have come from the old version of Darkfall, which I think is one of the best games (that no longer exists).

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It shows pretty clearly that many people are going to be too dumb to tell the difference between their two games. 
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Why disable comments to the YouTube video?

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

too soon to talk about a game that doesnt even have combat yet.

also this will be F2P and on x1 or ps4. at least i think it'll be good addition the the poor mmo on console system.

i can just jump in , have some fun in living room and stop.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Kiyoris,

Please enlighten us all on exactly what you know about EverQuest Next vs. say, EverQuest Next: Landmark. Explain to me so that I may better understand your desire to tag an mmo which is at least a year away from possible alpha testing? Educate me please.

By the way sir, I am as possible several forum watchers/writers here in the current alpha for Landmark.

Go ahead sir, share your knowledge...

Alyn

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    could show a video of any mmo doing harvesting  - there's nothing compelling about harvesting
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Because it is not a game for you?

I for an example find both EvE and DF so boring i rather have a tooth pulled out then play them for any period of time. On the other hand i like the ideas and tech behind EQ:Next. To me it is not a boring game.

It all comes down to personal taste and preference.

This have been a good conversation

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

It's EQN: Landmark and yes you are correct I logged out after 25 minutes due to boredom. I personally wouldn't call it a game yet. It's a shell/foundation...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

As others have said, that's Landmark, not EQNext. It's a building game like Minecraft or Starbound and it seems to have all the tools those games have and more. You either like it or you don't.

/thread

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    Originally posted by Betaguy

It's EQN: Landmark and yes you are correct I logged out after 25 minutes due to boredom. I personally wouldn't call it a game yet. It's a shell/foundation...

You should stick to Beta tesing then.

• freakkyfreakky Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Originally posted by Speedhaak

It didn't have the video at first. Now iit is pretty awesome.

Rofl, yup you are so bored with game that you made so many post on EQN forums.

Good lucks and have fun. 
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Canibaloler
    sigh

le sigh

sigh

le sigh

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Betaguy

I personally wouldn't call it a game yet. It's a shell/foundation...

this thread really belongs in Landmark forum

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/982/feature/8178/EverQuest-Next-Landmark-The-Sandbox-MMO-Begins-Alpha-TODAY.html

During alpha testing, players will be treated to a "vertical slice of gameplay" in that 60% of the assets are finished and players will be able to take part in several key game systems.

Players will have the opportunity to try out crafting, gathering (mining, harvesting minerals, trees and earth), make property claims, all features that will be expanded upon as the alpha progresses.

if you dont like it - get a refund and wait until Landmark has more features for release

This discussion has been closed.