Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So How Did Lineage Get #6 Top Grossing?

lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

I was just curious, I saw the list of top grossing games over 2013, and to no surprise of mine I saw League of Legends and a few Nexon games and such, but how did Lineage get on #6 on the list? Is it the original Lineage or Lineage 2? Are there actually that many people involved in this game right now? I'm really curious because I've always been interested to jump back into this game if it had a respectable player base and a good PvP community, but now may be the time?

Any relevant information or answers on the state of the game and my questions posed above would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    China

You make me like charity

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It's still huge in Korea. They have over a million subs still 14 years later. Not sure how the cash shop works over there but I remember reading that it still out performs all other titles including GW2. ( for NCsoft )
  • lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    It's still huge in Korea. They have over a million subs still 14 years later. Not sure how the cash shop works over there but I remember reading that it still out performs all other titles including GW2. ( for NCsoft )

So there is no US customer base all of their value is coming out of north east Asia?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by lennpell

So there is no US customer base all of their value is coming out of north east Asia?

Yes there is a US customer base, it's just not as large as Korea.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Some ppl from NA may play it but L1 was shut down a while ago here.
  • lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Okay, do you feel it'd be worth relooking at or not worth the time? I've played games like Aion recently and people complain about that game often but there are relatively tons of people playing it, is it a similar situation with L2 in the US?

• ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151

Yep and the Asian continent outnumbers the western hemisphere by a few billion (that's a lot). The revenue potential there is astronomical. They are considerably less technologically advanced compared to the west though (% of population wise).

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Internet cafes and hourly charging.
  • BlueSage13BlueSage13 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Braindome
    Internet cafes and hourly charging.

This, pretty much. I logged in a couple months back and it was the usual bot-farmers everywhere.

www.thedragon13.com - Become a Dragon. What have you done to change our world?

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Yes, this just in, Asians have money now, a lot of money.

NA Lineage 1 was shut down some time ago.  You're probably thinking of Lineage 2.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    China

RUssia