Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE new Zombie MMO called H1Z1

ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It's a speculation, but as someone already pointed out in another related thread, apparently SoE trademarked the name H1Z1 which was the name of a mutant virus that caused people to turn into Zombies used for a hoax in 2009.

Looking at the picture Smedley posted on Twitter, everything comes together.

From a Trademark website: (Trademark Registration)

"Product information about H1Z1 is provided. H1Z1 is a product and service created by Sony Online Entertainment LLC in  8928 Terman Court , San Diego, CA, 92121. The H1Z1  is a product and service related to Computer game software and video game software; downloadable multiplayer, role playing, real time computer and video game software via an online website for entertainment purposes. The H1Z1 product and service has not yet been made publicly available yet in the United States"

From Wikipedia: (H1Z1 Hoax)

"H1Z1 Hoax: The Zombism hoax was an internet bogus in 2009 that described mutation of influenzavirus H1N1 into another unrelated "zombie" swine flu virus. Alleged news source was posted into a private-owned website patterned after the BBC which made the article seemed true. The virus, which was named as H1Z1, can turn infected humans into a zombie after their death."

Since Smedley recently announced something for the SWG veterans, this is probably what he was talking about......... a Zombie MMO.

It will probably be a cross platform game developed also for PS4, since at the moment Zombies sells, particularly on Console.

Comments

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by ste2000

It's a speculation, but as someone already pointed out in another related thread, apparently SoE trademarked the name H1Z1 which was the name of a mutant virus that caused people to turn into Zombies used for a hoax in 2009.

From a Trademark website:

"Product information about H1Z1 is provided. H1Z1 is a product and service created by Sony Online Entertainment LLC in  8928 Terman Court , San Diego, CA, 92121. The H1Z1  is a product and service related to Computer game software and video game software; downloadable multiplayer, role playing, real time computer and video game software via an online website for entertainment purposes. The H1Z1 product and service has not yet been made publicly available yet in the United States"

Since Smedley recently announced something for the SWG veterans, this is probably what he was talking about......... a Zombie MMO.

It will probably be a cross platform game developed also for PS4, since at the moment Zombies sells, particularly on Console.

Are you using that pic smed tweeted to come up with this? The pic looked like a building in DAYZ.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    The market is a bit saturated with Zombie games. I doubt it will be in demand when the game comes out.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

Are you using that pic smed tweeted to come up with this? The pic looked like a building in DAYZ.

Nope I am using this:

And this

From Wikipedia:

Z1H1 Hoax: The Zombism hoax was an internet bogus in 2009 that described mutation of influenzavirus H1N1 into another unrelated "zombie" swine flu virus. Alleged news source was posted into a private-owned website patterned after the BBC which made the article seemed true. The virus, which was named as H1Z1, can turn infected humans into a zombie after their death.

It doesn't take a genius to sum this up

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    The market is a bit saturated with Zombie games. I doubt it will be in demand when the game comes out.

That depends how you look at it.  You would think "fantasy" would be overdone, which it is in my book, but they keep cranking out MMOs with elves, dragons, and magic.  FPS survival zombie games are indeed overdone, but something that is tab targeting and hotbars hasn't really been done yet, other than TSW which is close.  So it's just a matter of time.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Nope I am using this:

And this

From Wikipedia:

Z1H1 Hoax: The Zombism hoax was an internet bogus in 2009 that described mutation of influenzavirus H1N1 into another unrelated "zombie" swine flu virus. Alleged news source was posted into a private-owned website patterned after the BBC which made the article seemed true. The virus, which was named as H1Z1, can turn infected humans into a zombie after their death.

It doesn't take a genius to sum this up

Are you sure it isn't a hoax?

Im not sure what zombie games have to do with SWG players. Now they could do it in a way that swg players would love, but I doubt they are thinking of going in that direction with a zombie game. We'll see. Just not sure why SWG players would think of it as a place to call home.

2 Hoaxes with the same name?

That would be diabolic..................... no definitely that's the new SoE MMO

2 Hoaxes with the same name?

That would be diabolic..................... no definitely that's the new SoE MMO

And dedicated to the swg fans that haven't found a game to call home since 2005?

And dedicated to the swg fans that haven't found a game to call home since 2005?

You do realize that an actual SWG2 is not possible right?

EA bought Star Wars rights for the next 10 years............ forget about Star Wars Galaxies

Also you know that everything that comes out of Smedley mouth needs to be translated into real world language........... so it could be everything.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    If it's a good game then I really don't care if it's yet another zombie game. Same reason I can still watch fantasy movies for the last 20 years and not get tired of swords, magic, and dragons.
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by asrlohz

That depends how you look at it.  You would think "fantasy" would be overdone, which it is in my book, but they keep cranking out MMOs with elves, dragons, and magic.  FPS survival zombie games are indeed overdone, but something that is tab targeting and hotbars hasn't really been done yet, other than TSW which is close.  So it's just a matter of time.

Not really. Fantasy is a much broader subject. Oblivion had zombies in it, but it wasn't a zombie game, it was a fantasy RPG. But the only Zombie games coming out are Zombie Survival.

Everyone is making a zombie game right now, and people are tossing their money at early access and kickstarters in hope of it being what they want it to be. Of course they get burned by it most of the time. Take War Z for example, absolutely piss poor game but it still received a pretty good sales number just due to the flocking. At some point Zombie games will calm down and decay. Just like WW2 did. Then in a couple of years one or two goods Zombie games will come out and those whom are surviving the current saturation.

Remember back in the day when every FPS was about WW2? Personally I loved it, but it got old pretty quickly. Albeit, gems like Soldiers of Fortune did break off from the genre, it was still just a shooter. Anyhow, That was a saturated genre. Fantasy doesn't have a gaping hole of demand that needs filling so everyone won't throw themselves at it, but Zombie Survival did, for awhile. But I believe in the next 2-3 years it will die off, just like the WW2 shooters.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    The market does have a few zombie games, but they are all the same PVP gankfest BS. If they are making a zombie game that has coop elements and is more about building survival colonies and such then they are offering something different and something that will appeal to mass zombie fans more than COD with zombies.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

This could be huge...

A post-apocalyptic MMO set in a zombie-filled world, but focused on PVE not PVP survival. So still a "survival" game, but more co-op than FFA. Could even include mutant humans and animals, resulting from exposure to irradiated and chem hazard zones left over from the chaos that would have resulted as the plague went global epidemic rapidly.

Very interesting...

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

This could be huge...

A post-apocalyptic MMO set in a zombie-filled world, but focused on PVE not PVP survival. So still a "survival" game, but more co-op than FFA. Could even include mutant humans and animals, resulting from exposure to irradiated and chem hazard zones left over from the chaos that would have resulted as the plague went global epidemic rapidly.

Very interesting...

Yes something similar to TSW settings but with some sandbox features (the SWG part)

You do realize that an actual SWG2 is not possible right?

EA bought Star Wars rights for the next 10 years............ forget about Star Wars Galaxies

Also you know that everything that comes out of Smedley mouth needs to be translated into real world language........... so it could be everything.

Yes I'm well Aware . /squeak.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

This could be huge...

Very interesting...

Yes something similar to TSW settings but with some sandbox features (the SWG part)

We already played fallen Earth.

Hey I am not John Smedley............. try to convince him :)

But in defense of SoE, this is going to be an AAA MMO not a buggy indie game.

The idea of a post apocalyptic MMO is not such a bad idea........... think about Fallout but with zombies.

Next Zenimax MMO will be Fallout Online, so SoE is just trying to get there first.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    That is indeed a very interesting find OP, thx for digging that out and putting the pieces together!!!

Hey I am not John Smedley............. try to convince him :)

But in defense of SoE, this is going to be an AAA MMO not a buggy indie game.

The idea of a post apocalyptic MMO is not such a bad idea........... think about Fallout but with zombies.

Next Zenimax MMO will be Fallout Online, so SoE is just trying to get there first.

You're the one claiming it's a Zombie game.

No it's not a bad idea, for 5-10 years ago. Leveling up  in a zombie theme isn't a big draw anymore.

A survival type game is more interesting, but in an mmo, I doubt they do that.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by cura
    I hope its not anything zombie related. I had enough of it already.

I would rather have that than another fantasy.

No it's not a bad idea, for 5-10 years ago. Leveling up  in a zombie theme isn't a big draw anymore.

I just put the pieces together from the pieces of information I posted on my OP.

I said that was a speculation of course, but I believe that anybody reading my OP could come up with the same conclusion.

Of course I might be wrong.......... after all is a speculation (as stated in my first 3 words of my OP).

Until SoE makes an official announcement we will not know for sure.

No need to be mad at me bro :)

I just put the pieces together from the pieces of information I posted on my OP.

I said that was a speculation of course, but I believe that anybody reading my OP could come up with the same conclusion.

Of course I might be wrong.......... after all is a speculation (as stated in my first 3 words of my OP).

Until SoE makes an official announcement we will not know for sure.

No need to be mad at me bro :)

Im so pissed at you!!

Im so pissed at you!!

Ok then................. SoE is going to make a Panda MMO, with lots and lots of pandas

Do you love me now?

Im so pissed at you!!

Ok then................. SoE is going to make a Panda MMO, with lots and lots of pandas

Do you love me now?

You had me at panda.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I would play a zombie mmorpg sandbox. There haven't been enough main stream MMORPG sandbox for me to be worn out by any type.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Notice the not so subliminal message in the top right corner where is says "CASH" above the monitor. That is where SoE's priorities are. They don't care about the player or the product. They only see players as walking cash machines.