Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why World of Warcraft is the King of Kings, The Greatest, The number one of all MMO's.

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

While there are naysayers who would like to say differently. Thought I would share some interesting facts about our beloved World of Warcraft, Also why no mmo on the market can touch WOW!.

Here is the link:http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic/en/world-of-warcraft-infographic.html  

Too much to post here! Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Hail to the King !!!

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Commercial success does not equate to best quality.  Now WoW is a good mmo but trying to say because it makes X amount of money means it is better than anyone else is wrong.
  • ZajjarZajjar Member UncommonPosts: 116

We are just waiting in WoW everybody ingame is talking about the day we can all transfer ´to a new great MMO with meaningfull pvp and realm pve without cross"realming"

WoW was a blast! But in the past!

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by funyahns
    Commercial success does not equate to best quality.  Now WoW is a good mmo but trying to say because it makes X amount of money means it is better than anyone else is wrong.

Never said anything about quality, nor anything about how much money WOW makes(neither does the link). Perhaps reading comprehension is in order.  Thanks though for the input!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    With billions served, McDonalds is the best food ever !!!
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

This thread has no real content beyond being a sales pitch.

Please let this thread die and sink to the bottom.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by xpowderx

While there are naysayers who would like to say differently. Thought I would share some interesting facts about our beloved World of Warcraft, Also why no mmo on the market can touch WOW!.

Here is the link:http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic/en/world-of-warcraft-infographic.html  

Your a few days late to the party:

But with that being said, there is little doubt to the legacy of WoW. It's definitely in the MMORPG hall of fame. After playing the EQNL alpha..... there is no doubt that the "Next Generation MMORPG's" are on their way. I only see decline for WoW in the future and it's days of being #1 western MMORPG are definatley numbered.

I can see why Blizzard went back to the drawing board with Titan

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

This thread has no real content beyond being a sales pitch.

Please let this thread die and sink to the bottom.

Or it's just a troll bait thread..

Having the most subs doesn't make it a better game

Originally posted by laserit
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Your a few days late to the party:

But with that being said, there is little doubt to the legacy of WoW. It's definitely in the MMORPG hall of fame. After playing the EQNL alpha..... there is no doubt that the "Next Generation MMORPG's" are on their way. I only see decline for WoW in the future and it's days of being #1 western MMORPG are definatley numbered.

I can see why Blizzard went back to the drawing board with Titan

hehe, you are probably right. Been playing Hearthstone lately and Rift.. Just picked up Deathwing! Very happy!

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's."
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

I guess the OP thinks McDonald's makes the best food ever created, Justin Bieber is one of the best musicians in history and the Twilight and Transformers movies are some of the best films ever made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Originally posted by iridescence

I guess the OP thinks McDonald's makes the best food ever created, Justin Bieber is one of the best musicians in history and the Twilight and Transformers movies are some of the best films ever made.

Those Bacon Ranch Quarter Pounders are pretty darn good!!

What you posted can also be filed under several fallacies.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

over 100 M Players! 100M Lifetime players! And just below that, since launch, 100M accounts created including trials. :)

100M is a REALLY nice number though. They must have done a lot of things right to pull in that many players. It must be good to be the king. All hail the King!

imageimage
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

I don't see how. It's simply applying the "It's popular/sells a lot so it's the best!" argument of the OP to other media.

I don't see how. It's simply applying the "It's popular/sells a lot so it's the best!" argument of the OP to other media.

So, exactly why is it popular? IN GTAV the story was horrible. But its a incredible game?

Now to the punchline. Why is it popular? For McDonalds, its cheap and tastes great! WOW does not follow that format,. Why is it popular then?

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

"The best" is generally rather subjective term, since what might be great for you probably won't be for someone else. I'm pretty sure WoW is the best MMO ever for some people. 

The fact, however, remains that over last year WoW was the only MMO to actually provide (and keep providing) full package of experience. In a way thanks to it being on the market for so long, giving the devs time to implement and polish features, but it sometimes felt like the other big titles that tried to be the "next big thing" never actually learned from WoW's success. 

Whenever a new title was released it's strengths usually were all piled up in single part of the game. If a game had good PvP it's PvE aspect were terrible and vice versa, great story/levelling hampered by unresponsive controls/combat , endgame vs early game, etc. While WoW never really was exceptional in any of it's aspects it managed to keep the balance between all of them which is what allows Blizzard to still keep a decently sized playerbase (there are still EU servers with login queues during prime time) 

Exactly. They're completely unrelated. 

A and B are popular.

A and B are of questionable quality.

C is also popular therefore C is of poor quality as well.

A conclusion is being made based on a premise that lacks support. That is, that WoW is of questionable quality.

The OP shared a link "supporting" the claim that WoW is the "greatest" and "number one of all MMOs." 

To discredit these claims, we need to compare apples to apples. Not apples to oranges (McD's and Biebs).

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    What do you think would happen if every mmo gamer voted right now...not just people who happen to read forums. If the best isn't decided by the most popular what arbitrary conditions do decide it ?
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

WOW is one eye in the land of the complete  blind.

Frankly the crappy quality of video games in general makes me sick.

I bought a second hand copy of Dragon Age and "played" it for a few hours.

I stood perplex: do people spend their precious limited hours for such things ???

C.R.A.P. It is not too difficult to be King when the rest is subpar.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by funyahns

Financial success is a subjective metric. It is proven to be the most financially successfully mmorpg, therefore projecting subjective observations in lieu of quantifiable data is actually far more disingenuous than the original premise. Just as the people harping on Justin bieber and McDonald s are making spurious comparisons. Regardless of your personal tastes, all of the above have objectively measurable markers of great success.  it flies in the face of all logic to say these are not huge successes. When someone makes a post addressing the subjective merits, then perhaps subjective observations or personal taste will have a bearing on the subject at hand, but when discussing success, it's pure delusion to argue against the success of WoW, Bieber, or McDonald's. 

A and B are popular.

A and B are of questionable quality.

C is also popular therefore C is of poor quality as well.

Yes but you are totally mis-stating my argument.  I'm not trying to prove that WoW is poor quality. I am trying to show that there is little or no link between popularity and quality. Correctly stated  it would be:

A and B are very popular and of dubious quality.

C is very popular. The popularity of C isn't strong evidence of its quality because A and B demonstrate that it's possible for things of low quality to be popular.

WoW might be a great game but if you want to make that argument   you need to use something other than "a lot of people buy and play it!" as an argument.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    I think that most posts here completely miss the point, whichever way you look at WoW or Blizzard it is an impressive number of stats about a game that is both loved and hated in equal measures and has survived at the top of it's game for a long time now.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    If WoW is a king, he definitely would be Joffrey baratheon that everyone hates him and want him dead :P