Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA lifted via Smedley Twitter

2»

Comments

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Ikonis
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Close, rape, destroy and neglect countless other games! Lift and NDA on a new incomplete game and all is forgiven...

Some of you people... LOL

Deal with it.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

I can't wait to see the general reaction to this: you have harvest and craft the advanced design tools.

I'm torn between that's kinda cool and Really? but I suspect a bad reaction from the public at-large.  We'll see how it goes.

I'm surprised Smed lowered the NDA NOW since it's leaving them wide open to a backlash, since the game is so unstable.  But I'll give SOE credit for doing so, as this should be an interesting experiment in customer feedback getting listened to so early in the development process.  I hope it's successful, as a CF will guarantee it'll never happen again.

It does also lob a serve at Zenimax - will they let it go by or return it by dropping the ESO NDA?

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Howry

People who buy the settler pack get access to closed beta and recieve their items on March 31st. I assume March 31 will either be closed beta or release based on this?

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

That's just the start of closed beta. We don't know how long it will last and then there's likely to be an open beta after that I'd have thought. People talking about the game being released in two or three months time are talking out of their backsides. It's likely to be nearer the end of the year than the beginning.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Sheesh.  Atleast he's TRYING to be semi-transparent.  Just a day or two ago people were whining cause devs were HIDING behind NDAs.  Now people are complaining that an ALPHA doesn't play all that great.  What are these people?  Complete n00bs?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Volgore
    THIS is how you do it, Zenimax.

+1

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Anyone who complains about the issue's in Alpha clearly doesn't know the purpose of a Alpha or the state of Alpha's. They at best are just game hopper's who want to play it in whatever state as quickly as possible. Then act like they are expert's in the game of choice.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by gorro187
    Anyone who complains about the issue's in Alpha clearly doesn't know the purpose of a Alpha or the state of Alpha's. They at best are just game hopper's who want to play it in whatever state as quickly as possible. Then act like they are expert's in the game of choice.

Well the good news is that they can get a complete refund if they don't think the game is amazing and don't want to continue participating in the Alpha.  I guarantee they wont see any money back from a certain other game with its NDA still up that is due in April.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Zapzap

You call a game 2-3 months from release early Alpha? What a joke.    Much more appropriate to call it open beta.  Unless you consider that it is likely the first year of Landmark after release will be Alpha quality as Landmark is likely just being made to hype EQN and for  an extra cash grab while they develop EQN. 

It is definitely not anywhere close to being open beta ready.  And it's roughly two months before the *closed* beta is even scheduled to start.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Let me know when the actual game has lifted its nda
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Close, rape, destroy and neglect countless other games! Lift and NDA on a new incomplete game and all is forgiven...

Some of you people... LOL

Many of us have common sense and can think for ourselves.  We know that the NGE was 7 or 8 years ago and LA was largely responsible for it.  We know that Vanguard never would have released if not for SoE and that SoE definitely tried to fix Sigils mess, but nobody played.  So they stopped working on it but kept it running an extra 5+ years than nay other company would have.

If you havent got past NGE by this point, fine, but its really time to shut the hell up about it.  If you think SoE is the reason for Vanguard's failure than you probably haven't got past the NGE yet either.  So also, its time to shut the hell up about it.  

There are threads to whine about SoE, go post there.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by evilastro

It is what it is, they said the game is still in early stages but you can pay to get in and help shape the game.

If that interests you then go for it,

if you want to wait until they have a polished product then do that  - and judge the game on its merits when they say its actually done and ready for mass consumption.

good summary

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Volgore
    THIS is how you do it, Zenimax.

ZENIMAX: I'M SUPER SHY!

Well there you go... proof that they are just as confident, just a lil shy. What? Do you think that Zenimax is trying to cash it in before going F2P in a year by bringing in the digital standard edition + digital imperial edition + retail imperial edition + play as an imperial race if you buy the CE + play any race for any alliance if you preorder + monthly fee + cash shop? I mean do you think they are trying to cash it in by using the wonderful IP and follow in Bioware/EA's footsteps and make this into some sort of SWTOR 3.0?

Nope.

*Coughs*

You'll see... any day now Zenimax will lift that NDA.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

The ONLY criticism that MIGHT possibly be made about any of this is what phase you actually think EQNL is in. Alpha? Paid beta? Paid whatever?

Bottom line is it is the first time it has been opened in any from to the public at large or any sort of numbers. I dont know what they are. I was going to buy it but I subbed to Vanguard (again) the day before they announced it was shutting down. I didnt ask for a refund but it also made me hesitant on spending 70 bux or whatever to get into a totally unknown game.

But as cynical as I am about mst MMO companies and especially SOE, theyre not doing anything wrong here. Theyre actually doing something right.

What backlash they might get, from everything I have seen is the client is unstable. Really? Well that is easily dismiseed right now because its in the first phase of release. A few weeks or months down the road if there are still stability issues with the client or log in servers or whatever sure be critical. There are games right now that have problems maybe worse than this that are getting ready to release. They have had AMPLE time to correct these mistakes and didnt.

So while stuff like that IS a concern it is much less of a concern on something that has been opened up to 'regular' people for less 3 days it is barely enough of a concern to register.

Now one other concern might be how the world is being built up and what you might start to see but that is also explained in everything I have read. Anything you can imagine you can build. So while a traditionalist might not like seeing a house made out of donuts he knows he might.

Anther concern is for late comers who might not get an 'ideal' piece of land. That one can be addressed with multiple servers but no way a game s going to keep creating servers to accomodate someone who wants a better view or more resources on their plot.

Regardless of WHEN this actually gets release or the reason for it, unless it is being released for sale (which it wont because its free to play anyway) before 4-4-14 it beats Zenimax and their NDA drop. If it gets released after that then the time between NDA  drop and release beats ESO by a mile. Whether that is relevant depends on what ES offers and how people who have bought it think an NDA lift earlier would have mattered.