Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA lifted via Smedley Twitter

SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Oh wow, nice.
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I'm curious do the people who BROKE the NDA and streamed at any point prior get in trouble? If not whats the point of the NDA and telling us To remember its in effect. If they get off then what does that say about the vadality of the NDA?
    Originally posted by gorro187
    I'm curious do the people who BROKE the NDA and streamed at any point prior get in trouble? If not whats the point of the NDA and telling us To remember its in effect. If they get off then what does that say about the vadality of the NDA?

Smedley actually tweeted before and allowed one of the streamers to do it while they figured it out. I think they just decided that they didn't care about the people that were first up on Twitch. Here's a Reddit post about it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1wpvfy/smedley_in_twitch_chat_says_nda_for_eq_landmark/

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Without a doubt, the smartest move he could have made.

Let the hype begin.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    That's awesome and without a doubt shows a ton of confidence in the product.
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    That's awesome and without a doubt shows a ton of confidence in the product.

unlike a different game company we all know that is keeping everything under wraps just a couple months out from release :)

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Wait SOE removed the NDA and is offering refunds for EQN Landmark? Am I in the twilight zone?!?!?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    A brave move considering how many bugs were around on the first day but it certainly shows they're confident of fixing things fairly quickly.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by ReaperUk
    A brave move considering how many bugs were around on the first day but it certainly shows they're confident of fixing things fairly quickly.

bugs in an early alpha? no way

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    SoE is making all the right moves lately (aside from the unfortunate closure of Vanguard).  They really have come a long way.
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    now what will the NDA police do.  wow he messed it all up
  • SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233
    If they handle this alright, they make a big step to up their reputation again.

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by djazzy

You call a game 2-3 months from release early Alpha? What a joke.    Much more appropriate to call it open beta.  Unless you consider that it is likely the first year of Landmark after release will be Alpha quality as Landmark is likely just being made to hype EQN and for  an extra cash grab while they develop EQN. 

Originally posted by Zapzap

You call a game 2-3 months from release early Alpha? What a joke.    Much more appropriate to call it open beta.  Unless you consider that it is likely the first year of Landmark after release will be Alpha quality as Landmark is likely just being made to hype EQN and for  an extra cash grab while they develop EQN. 

What is the release date?

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

Who said it is 2-3 months from release?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    THIS is how you do it, Zenimax.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Are you a prophet? I mean, the release will be when the release will be. I know a couple of titles that got pushed YEARS from the announced or speculated release dates.

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Volgore
    THIS is how you do it, Zenimax.

sadly they wont release there nda cause it will chase away people.  Smedley has nothing to hide so he opens his

Open beta means anyone can get in without paying. At the most cynical its a closed paid beta.

Either way they have been honest about the state the game is in and what people should expect. What stage of pre-launch they call it after releasing all that information is kind of irrelevant isn't it?  Also they haven't set a release date, so it could be in closed beta for 6 months for all we know.  Some games have closed betas for close to a year,  ESO has been in closed beta for over 6 months now.

It is what it is, they said the game is still in early stages but you can pay to get in and help shape the game. If that interests you then go for it, if you want to wait until they have a polished product then do that and judge the game on its merits when they say its actually done and ready for mass consumption.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Now that the NDA is gone, you'll find out quickly that it's indeed an alpha crashity-mccrash unreliable piece of half-finished software.  It's barely playable at best.

However, I can't really dispute that if it's indeed 2-3 months from release, SOE has a megaton of work to do and not much history to suggest they can, so I can't get on your case about the cash grab.  I hope they realize if they need more time, they have to take it to get this right. We all know the history of releasing games because they have to, not because they're ready for live play, and what happens after that.

Smed and Co. are giving the *impression* they have "seen the light" and found a better way to do things, but I can't buy in until they actually put out a quality product.  There's plenty of time to fall back to old habits and wreck the project.

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

People who buy the settler pack get access to closed beta and recieve their items on March 31st. I assume March 31 will either be closed beta or release based on this?

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Something Bethesda-Zenimax could use as example.

I agree

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Howry

People who buy the settler pack get access to closed beta and recieve their items on March 31st. I assume March 31 will either be closed beta or release based on this?

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

It is exactly what it says it is, closed beta. Not release. After closed beta they will have an open beta, so 3 months would be a bare minimum expectation for launch, but closed beta could get dragged out much longer.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Close, rape, destroy and neglect countless other games! Lift and NDA on a new incomplete game and all is forgiven...

Some of you people... LOL

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Close, rape, destroy and neglect countless other games! Lift and NDA on a new incomplete game and all is forgiven...

Some of you people... LOL

Deal with it.