Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guys, are you mad at zenimax right now?

124»

Comments

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Not mad at all, the Imp Edition is actually priced really well for a CE,   Well I guess I will be seeing those that buy it, in game or in game again. ;)
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior

They add the Imperial edition and people start getting all crazy.

Okay, well opinions are opinions right? Whatever. Are you mad at zenimax right now? 

Thoughts? I know im not mad at all. Who cares about a horse or a new race. If you want to spend the extra money you deserve it right? (And its not like its OP or anything.)

I'm not going to get mad at an mmorpg that has 25% of Dark Age of Camelot infused in its build.  No game company has had the foresight or balls to do this.  Most folks have no idea what I'm talking about, but that's fine. 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

No I'm not mad because I don't plan on ever playing the game.  They are doing some things I could never support though.

I will be happy to see the game utterly fail.

Based on the assumption that they would know exactly why they failed and this would correct the behavior of future developers? Lol

Or maybe you just don't like seeing people enjoy something you don't?

At least your agenda is clear and honest.

Sometimes tough decisions are made for the greater good.  Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior

They add the Imperial edition and people start getting all crazy.

Okay, well opinions are opinions right? Whatever. Are you mad at zenimax right now? 

Thoughts? I know im not mad at all. Who cares about a horse or a new race. If you want to spend the extra money you deserve it right? (And its not like its OP or anything.)

I'm not going to get mad at an mmorpg that has 25% of Dark Age of Camelot infused in its build.  No game company has had the foresight or balls to do this.  Most folks have no idea what I'm talking about, but that's fine. 

They used to have it.  Part of the great PvP was made by racial locking faction lands and realms(alliances).  Which is now completely missing from TESO.  In DAoC, you went into battle with your realm mates, you weren't standing hand in hand with enemies.  

Now, the only thing that is the same is that there are three realms and you are fighting over something.  The whole 1 ot max level questing is different now too.  That decision has far reaching consequences that go further than you think.  

And note, people in DAoC didn't cry like little babies because their guild mates wanted to play a different realm.  Even then, Mythic wouldn't have conceded to the whiney little babies.  People were tougher back then, had thicker skin.  Everyone now has to have everything given to them, no matter the consequences.  

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Nope, I'm not mad.  It's the developer's choice to put out the product they want, just like it's the customer's choice to support or not support said developer based on their own personal beliefs and preferences.

vote with your wallet, organize a REAL boycott, and stick to it.  sales are the only thing that really sends a message for or against.

do I think it was a good idea and the right thing to do to add in the imperial and race restriction unlock as a CE/pre-order bonus?

No, I do not, I would have prefered it as a in game unlock or something, but I just dont get mad about those things anymore.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by DAS1337

No I'm not mad because I don't plan on ever playing the game.  They are doing some things I could never support though.

Based on the assumption that they would know exactly why they failed and this would correct the behavior of future developers? Lol

Sometimes tough decisions are made for the greater good.  Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

And some people enjoy making decisions for others way too much... they usually claim it's for the greater good but it's really just a control issue.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

And some people enjoy making decisions for others way too much... they usually claim it's for the greater good but it's really just a control issue.

Refer back to my previous statement.  Let me know when you are paying for grass, trees, and the sky in your video games.  I'll be laughing at your ignorance.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Refer back to my previous statement.  Let me know when you are paying for grass, trees, and the sky in your video games.  I'll be laughing at your ignorance.

And that relates to wishing ill on what other enjoy exactly how?

Btw... do you have a thing about "ignorance" and the "intelligence of 10 year olds" that makes you project your insecurities unto others?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Of course not being mad gets you no where.I simply choose to not support lame tactics by developers,that is how i let them know i do not accept their tactics.

You see this idea and MANY others by ZENi and other developers are not even 1% about the game but more so about their greed for money.As a gamer all we should care about si the integrity of the game,developer and weather that game is fun,if the developer is going outside those boundaries for their own greed,then tell them to take a hike,do not support them.

NOBODY can tell me this is a mistake or a misinterpretation,ZENI knows and planned exactly what they wanted to achieve and that was find a way to draw more money before the game is ready to be released and  aiming at innocent or naive gamer's for that target.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

If you can't understand the other side of the argument, you're stupid.  Plain and simple.

You can believe what you want, and we can disagree.  But, you need to be able to recognize why people are upset and what they are upset at.  Try to rise above the intelligence of a ten year old kid and think a little deeper.  Some people actually care about story line and immersion.  And you know what, it's fine if you don't.  Just don't sit there and act like those things aren't important to some people.  

The Imperial race is being treated as pre-launch DLC.  This is something that has been frowned upon since the inception of the MMO genre.  To compound the issue, TESO is being pegged as a 'pay to play', subscription based game.  These games never have pay gates.  Being subscription based is supposed to mean that everyone get's everything the game has to offer on an even playing field.  

Playing any race in any alliance destroys the whole back story for the whole game.  It's one thing to offer a way, in-game, to unlock these features.  However, it should require work that most people aren't willing or are unable to complete.  People would have been happier with that.  Some people actually value continuity between lore and game.  

Explanation has been made.  It's there for you to read as many times as you'd like.  If you still can't comprehend the concept, then go back to school dude.  You can dislike other people's opinions, but at least have the ability to put yourself in their shoes from time to time.  

There is a difference between not understanding why people are upset, and not agreeing that what has made them upset is worth getting upset over.  Add to that, even if you agree that it is worth getting upset over things the contradict story and harm immersion, there is no requirement that someone have the opinion that these changes have done either of those things.  

I, for one, do not agree on any level with the claim that this change in any substantial way harms the back story of the game.  And I don't even like the change, I just don't feel the need to exaggerate it's impact due to the fact that I dislike it.  And until the NDA drops, it's really not possible for people to have meaningful discussions about whether or not unlocking races violates lore, and if so to what extent.  It's just a bunch of people stating opinions without being able to include the evidence that helped them form those opinions.

As for your points about what it means to have a subscription, that is what it used to mean, not what it means now, or has meant recently.  Things change, and when the changes cause revenue to increase, they tend not to change back.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's not even a cool race you get. Just another human, how is that even interesting let a alone exciting or pay to win?

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    The game was going to flop either way, at least they have something to blame it on now.
  • KaliqoKaliqo Member UncommonPosts: 5

My perspective...

Imperials join whichever side to tip the power in their favor and help whichever faction they want to win..win

Only those who preorder will be able to have any race on any side

I think of it as brother against brother. When you are in RvR and say you're dominion and you see a high elf fighting alongside nords they now become your priority psychologically speaking as they have betrayed you. It makes for great drama.

Also since the very beginning any race could be anywhere during any conflict....the best example is Skyrim. You're supposed to be a Nord to be fighting in the civil way and be the Dragonborn yet I am certain a lot of people were elves or orcs. The game world is free to all races in any conflict at any time. following the game's universe it would be wrong to go against that.

Being that only those who preorder get this ability to inject conflict as this into the game it won't be overwhelming.

If I see a ex-dominion elf fighting along side Nords, know this.....You will be my priority and I will destroy you for your betrayal.....

:D

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Dewguy7

Oh no he needs more than a crystal ball.  But if we discussed that here we would get banned.  Wishing other people fail, lose jobs put their families in hardship just so he can be happy.  Definitely can't discuss what type a person that makes him here. 

Give it a rest.  He never said anything about families in hardship, lost jobs, dying kittens, sad homeless people, or whatever.  It's a classic flawed BS argument tactic you are using. 

He is allowed to not be a cheerleader for a game you like, without automatically becoming a bad person.

Next you'll be making the case that anyone here who posts a bad opinion about ANY game could be said to be actively hurting that game's chances of being a success.  That's even worse than simply hoping it fails.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    No I am not mad, I will just do as the storm trooper says to the next game "move along, move along".
  • Most hilarious /rage thread this year. So far. GJ guys.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

I went with mixed.  While I'm disappointed that they've found another way to lock content behind a pay wall that I feel should be part of the core game that is delivered, I'm still likely to go ahead and purchase a digital CE edition this weekend regardless.

Call me weak.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I went with mixed.  While I'm disappointed that they've found another way to lock content behind a pay wall that I feel should be part of the core game that is delivered, I'm still likely to go ahead and purchase a digital CE edition this weekend regardless.

Call me weak.

the 20% off at GMG went a long way toward weakening my resolve against the digital imperial edition

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I think the person who gets mad at this has never played an Elder Scrolls game. I for one am happy because I wanted to be an imperial like in every other elder scrolls game ive played.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I really don't have an issue with any CE per se

I'm not thrilled about one race being locked away behind a pay wall already but it's not a deal breaker to me

The horse I don't care about at all,that normal CE stuff.

The Rings are SOP too.

What has turned me away from ESO is the whole play as any race in any faction for pre-orders.If you want to 180 on the whole race faction lock then do it for the core game otherwise it's not a 180 it's just that all their reasons for race locks int he first place was total BS  and it was always just to  do what they are dong now,using it to force people to decide to pre-order sight unseen while still under NDA.

This coupled with being able to wear armors from other factions(might be wrong on that) and races means no factional identity and they might as well just get rid of factions altogether game mechanic wise and just do Server V Server v Server like GW2.

This has caused me to have no faith in how they will monetize things in the future and made me give this game a pass and wait for whatever is net on the horizon.

I'm not mad but I am disappointed.

DISCLAIMER : Most of this was copy and pasted from a reply of mine in a similar thread but I thought it was pertinent here too

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There are already open threads, including ones with polls, about this topic. We don't need the entire forum to be the same discussion over and over.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.