Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you join a guild lead by girls?

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Meion
    I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys. There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server. Why do you think it doesn't usually happen? And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)? If not, could you tell why? Thanks!

The guild leader's gender doesn't matter to me, so yes, I would have no problems joining one led by women.

And I think you're basing your observation on what's happening on some MMO that probably doesn't hold much appeal to female gamers.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I have been in guilds led by both genders, usually high end raiding guilds.

I haven't really come across the issue to be honest,  perhaps you just see this because there are more men in general playing MMOs.

I admit the games where I saw more guild leaders were games like Everquest 2 which have a higher percentage of women playing than say World of Warcraft.

Personally gender doesn't even come into my decision making when joining a guild, its more about player dynamic and performance.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    It's odd, but the only female lead guild I've ever been in was my 2nd one ever back in lineage 1 over 10 years ago.

There have been a couple of husband/wife run guilds with co leadership, but i just haven't run into many for some reason.

Well one reason is a lot of my time had been in EVE and the ratio is low there, but otherwise it should have been a more standard distribution.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Hephaestus_XiiHephaestus_Xii Member Posts: 21
    I wouldn't have a problem joining a guild run by girls. Its been awhile since I have run across that  but I recall years ago when Horizons was popular the guild I  was in called Rising Phoenix was run by a girl/woman  by the name of Neferia (dragon) and she was just  has much of a leader as any man.  

Sabotage Gaming TS3 Open To All Gamer's

Teamspeak IP. 162.243.205.195
  • DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

Meion,

I've been in one guild where the GM was female. The gender of the GM and/or officers/leadership does not concern me. The attitude, ethics, and capability of the person in these positions is all that really matters to me as a member of a guild. I have seen some guilds before, where the guild was advertised as "all female", and male players were not allowed to join. I've never seen a guild advertised as "all male", though. Most GMs are probably male, simply due to the fact that most gamers are still male.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Obviously yes, they do just as good (sometimes better) a job.

I was in a PVP guild lead by a woman before and believe me, she could kick your ass around with the best of em.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324
    I've come to see that many serious pve/pvp guilds in games are lead by guys. There are guilds lead by girls but they rarely collect good players and form a guild system to dominate the server. Why do you think it doesn't usually happen? And would you join a guild lead by two girls (Who are taking the game and the guild seriously)? If not, could you tell why? Thanks!
    There are a few IFs regarding that topic. And gender would be the least important aspect. Most of the time you only associate your fellow players with their avatars.

1) What kind of guild is it?
    2) Do I get along with the guild leader?
    3) Do I get along with the other guild members?

If it's a raiding guild then people should be expected to behave in a professional manner. More often it's a partnership on time, so questions 2) and 3) are not that important.

If it's not a raiding guild then questions 2) and 3) are more important. Ideally guild members would hang out together and play together (not all the time, but frequently enough).
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    I remember a couple of clans in darkfall had female leaders, like oromea. even tho I'm pretty sure hardcore niche games like darkfall have even less females playing them than any other sort of computer game. even games like lesuresuit larry probably have more female fans than darkfall.

My blog: image

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151

Why wouldn't I? Different body parts between legs don't make anyone more or less qualified as guild leaders

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

The only guild I was ever in had a trio of people in charge: two young woman and a young man.  For the time I stayed in it I thought it was a great guild.  It was the two woman who did most of the organising, since the guy had a lot of college work to plough through, and it was one of the most popular guilds on the server.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Why not? Unless she has those ferrari size boobs which would mean it's very hard to operate the keyboard, I guess, cant think of any other reason. Oh what the heck, even that would not matter, as long as she and the rest of the guild is having fun!
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Where is the difference?

Both male and female have leading qualities.

I personally prefer female over male. Those guilds are much more "together". Personal opinion.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

Where is the difference?

Both male and female have leading qualities.

I personally prefer female over male. Those guilds are much more "together". Personal opinion.

Agreed. I don't care what gender, affiliation or even species they are as long as they are a good leader. 

OP, don't confuse anecdote with fact. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Yep, been in several guilds led by women, nothing wrong with that, didn't notice much of a difference to guilds led by guys tbh, just my own experience though. A guild leaders gender doesn't have any impact on how well a guild is doing. 

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Probably not! I like girls just as much as the next guy but when it comes to mmorpgs I'm a competetive pvp'er. Just like I probably wouldn't join a girls basketball team or a girls soccer team. I'm not saying there aren't girls out there that are better than me but as far as the probability that a girl lead guild is going to be ownage at pvp.....mmmmmm probably not.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    I have nothing against it.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I've never seen a female guild leader, but I wouldn't care if I was in one as long as the guild was laid back and not too hardcore.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Why would it matter what gender they are?

Welcome to the 21st Century, nice of you to finally join us. For the person that stated they would not join due to PVP reasons, most women that I have encountered are much better at PVP than their male counterparts.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

Yes please!

I love females.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

*facepalms* Honestly, I can't believe I'm reading this in the second decade of the 21st Century. 

What does gender matter? It's the ability of a person to lead others, to understand the game they're playing and to make things happen for the guild. Not all of us are pink ponies and rose-colored glasses.

The other thing: "Girls"? Do we call male leaders "boys"? Why not "women" or "female" or whatever? 

Female gamer as a balanced hobby OK Hard core raid leader NO never !

Would the same be said about a male gamer as a hardcore raid leader? Why is a father's responsibility to his children, according to you, less crucial? 

Sheesh.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    mmorpg.com forums never fails to amaze me

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

Depends entirely on the person's leadership.

If a leader perceives something as a problem, those that follow him will also. You calling yourself a girl instead of a woman tells me you lack the basic confidence required to lead a seriously competitive guild.

Certain styles of leadership also attracts similar types of followers. If you are one of these players who likes to create a guild where "every one can join, be friendly, and help each other out" and stand in the starting zone spamming invites, chances are you will not get (or hold on to) enough seriously competitive PvP or PvE players to stand out on the server.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I've been in a guild which was leaded by a girl and we did just fine back in the days of WOW: TBC. 

Anyways, if I had to choose between a guild with male or female leader the gender of leaders wouldn't be something I'd consider when deciding to join. I join guilds where I feel I can advance with my character and be of some use and where people aren't rude to each other.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• littleXurolittleXuro Member Posts: 37

No.

I'm the leader of the guild in most cases and I've never met a girl who could choose logic before emotions when something really bad happened within the guild. What creates a good leader is the ability to make the right decision, even when on an emotional level you disagree with it, that's why I only put males in charge after my personal experiences with high ranked females within my guild.

Maybe there is a girl out there that is able to do what is neccesary but I haven't met them yet and as long as I didn't, I won't ever give them a high position in my guild ( have quite a few females in my guild and they seem to be fine with this decision aswell).

This post may seem offensive to female gamers but after 12 years of MMORPG experience, I came to this conclusion.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by littleXuro

No. 

I'm the leader of the guild in most cases and I've never met a girl who could choose logic before emotions when something really bad happened within the guild. What creates a good leader is the ability to make the right decision, even when on an emotional level you disagree with it, that's why I only put males in charge after my personal experiences with high ranked females within my guild. 

Maybe there is a girl out there that is able to do what is neccesary but I haven't met them yet and as long as I didn't, I won't ever give them a high position in my guild ( have quite a few females in my guild and they seem to be fine with this decision aswell). 

This post may seem offensive to female gamers but after 12 years of MMORPG experience, I came to this conclusion.

That's your problem right there: You're dealing with "girls", not women. And, really? Always emotion over logic? Obviously, you've never met women who, oh I don't know, have college educations, manage companies and businesses, run families like small corporations, teach school, participate in rocket science, have law and medical degrees and who, yes, are also gamers.

After all my years in gaming, and it's more than 12 ;) , I can't honestly say that there's a hoot's worth of difference between male and female guild leaders. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This discussion has been closed.