Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Editorial] Elder Scrolls Online: Thoughts on the Collector's Edition Controversy

167891012»

Comments

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Pre-ordered the CE from Game UK. Happy with the decision as well. I don't care about playing a race in any faction or the Imperial race. I just wanted the book, map and 12" figure of Little Mo.

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    People raging about the Imperial bonus really make me laugh. People just always NEED something to whine about, it's hysterical. I have absolutely no problem with the move and think it's pretty awesome actually. Now for people who really had their heart set on playing a specific race but want to play in a different area of Tamriel have that option, or if they want to play with their friends who are playing a different faction, now they can play with them. And it fits right into the lore perfectly fine, you'll now be an Imperial, who have no race restrictions and are seen all over the previous Elder Scrolls games. I'm just pumped for this game, it's gonna be great. The environments look awesome and I can't wait to play in the areas we haven't seen yet, the Alik'r Desert in particular looks awesome, and I love the style of High Rock and the Breton's towns/cities. I'm confident in the game since the development team has a lot of experience being the ones who made DAoC, so there's a damn good chance the PvP will be great, and the game started development in 2007 so obviously they've been extremely thorough. This is definitely going to be my first collector's edition purchase.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by akron

Jesus Robert Lashly. 

I'm just a man, not a messiah.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

for the last time

and yeah, the free to play kiddies won't get it

"just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play." - Matt Firor

"We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all." - Matt Firor

"We feel that putting pay gates between the player and content at any point in game ruins that feelign of freedom." - Matt Firor

and yes, i was in the last two betas and was looking forward to the third but i have deleted all files related to ESO from the SSD 

hoping for the best from "the repopulation" and "elite, dangerous" but the future of MMOs seems pretty beak to me

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Kevyne-Shandris

I believe gamers should fight, because where gaming looks to be going isn't a pleasant sight.

I assume then in your twisted logic making money isn't a pleasant sight for your business because there is more and more money thrown on online entertainment every year so yeah, they(devs) do something right apparently.

Not your cup of tea? No problem, no one is obliged to satisfy you.

My business would be fostering a loyal player base without the gimmicks. I'd rather have 100,000 devoted players than 1,000,000 day flies. By loyal I mean they understand that building a game with content takes time, and time to fix 1001 things that will arise on live servers.

If those 100,000 are pleased (as much as gamers can be) not only did I profited, I'm happy to do the job, too.

It's always about quality for me. Seams and joints fitting perfectly. Watch how people use the product and figuring out means to make it enjoyable with less work, as well. Not making the 100000001th weapon or class. Not concentrating on one role or class. Not making big worlds that are dead in another expansion.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    I think we will just have to take it developers are going to push their limited editions with experience bonuses and unlockable races,I will not support this.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

It really is only MMO gamers that would make this big a deal out of a human race in a game that already has 2 human races.

Its like MMO gamers actively search out mole hills to turn into mountains just so they be constantly outraged over something.

Originally posted by Xiaoki

It really is only MMO gamers that would make this big a deal out of a human race in a game that already has 2 human races.

Its like MMO gamers actively search out mole hills to turn into mountains just so they be constantly outraged over something.

As that's the only way devs listen. They do really bad, the gamers will force them to close shop. Look what happened to Ion Storm.

Still to this day it's talked about how a game company with so much potential bought the farm...because they wouldn't listen to player feedback and verged too far from the original game. Warren Specter to this day still won't admit responsibility.

That was 14 years ago, and publishers and devs still haven't learned, as they still all think they're invincible. And we'll see more of the same for that audaciousness.

Originally posted by waynejr2

"Comparatively $20 for an entire race could be considered fair market value if not an outright steal."

It shouldn't even occur.

That's like paying extra to be a Pandarian in WoW (a multi-faction race).

Imperials have been in Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and to see they become available for extra cash now? That's the definition of a money grab, and feels every bit like it (as things you always had now must be bought -- in the same franchise -- IS pickpocketing).

Do you want an imperial?  If you aren't willing to spend for it, I don't think you really want it that bad. 

I expect Imperials to come with the game. If it doesn't I lose nothing, as I have Imperials from Morrowind to Skyrim already...plus no PvP BS. :)

See, I don't need to pay for any of that hogwash. You're free to be fleeced though.

• kkarrabbasskkarrabbass Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by waynejr2

"Comparatively $20 for an entire race could be considered fair market value if not an outright steal."

It shouldn't even occur.

That's like paying extra to be a Pandarian in WoW (a multi-faction race).

Imperials have been in Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, and to see they become available for extra cash now? That's the definition of a money grab, and feels every bit like it (as things you always had now must be bought -- in the same franchise -- IS pickpocketing).

Do you want an imperial?  If you aren't willing to spend for it, I don't think you really want it that bad. 

I expect Imperials to come with the game. If it doesn't I lose nothing, as I have Imperials from Morrowind to Skyrim already...plus no PvP BS. :)

See, I don't need to pay for any of that hogwash. You're free to be fleeced though.

So, you expected DEVs to do exactly what you wanted. Marvelous! You belong to one of the relatively small group of players which is not a primary focus of this game developers.

Let’s be frank, game with P2P shouldn’t focus on players who wants everything for free (I bet you complained about P2P too). You need to find a F2P game for that.

And your opinion is just opinion. You cannot even operate by criteria like right or wrong, because your grasp of things is blurred by your rage.

Those complains are all yours and do not reflect opinions of focus group.

Your desires in this matter are not compatible with desires of focus group.

Your might try to demand something from some other MMO games developers. I hope it will work out better for you.

• akronakron Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    Originally posted by akron

Jesus Robert Lashly. 

I'm just a man, not a messiah.

It's so annoying when people don't respond to the actual point you're making and just hook on something unrelated in an attempt to be oh-so-funny. I didn't actually expected you to reply, but this is worse than no response.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Zenimax don't care what people think. The probably did some market research and figured that this is what the people will pay for. After all, gamers complain about just about everything and anything to the point that nobody really takes notice anymore. Look at EA as an example. Everyone complains about their DLC, DRM and the franchises they shovel out year after year. But people keep on buy so EA keep on making the same tired ass games with DLC and the same DRM policies. Scream all you want, scream till you are horse but as long as you or a bunch of other people keep buying these companies couldn't care less about your approval.
  • grotebozebeergrotebozebeer Member Posts: 5

I read trough some of these comments and see a lot of negative bull&%^# based on revieuws?

Do your research, and play the game untill the first dungeons THEN, only then make judgement for yourself and you wil see its a lot better then you think, realy well thought out, polished overall good, in MY OPPINION, better then world of warcraft in terms of loot system, WAY WAY better in terms of class build customization. Unlike in wow and most  other games mmorpgs where everyone is practicly the same.

And about the price, it should be high. Pay a bit more now, get a lot more later. And my theory is that they know things we still dont, they stink of confidense. And whilst playing the beta, after peeling of a few layers, i found a game worth paying the bucks for in my eyes. And that has been a while. 6 years to be exact.