Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] EverQuest Next: Landmark: The Sandbox MMO Begins Alpha TODAY

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Originally posted by azzamasin
    How much was these founder's packs that got early Alpha Access?

60. or 100. the 20$ one will get you beta access in about a month.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Keg0413

So they really are getting people to pay to build their world and structures for them?  I am both impressed and appalled at the same time.

It's literally a better skinned Minecraft.  Unbelievable people paid hundreds of dollars to get in on this.

Who said anything about SoE "getting" people to pay SoE?

The game will be FTP, and SoE will pay YOU on the Player Studio IF you have something worth buying.

No one is forcing people to buy a founder's pack.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by ste2000

I wish I could see more of the rest of the game-play so I can make up my mind on this game

They really show very little on their videos.

Watch the live stream.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    WOOOOHOOOOO!!!
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Why is landmark even on mmorpg.com.  Its hardly an mmo and hardly an rpg...if at all. 

In any case, finally an ALPHA launch of a game that is supposed to lead into the REAL mmo in EQN...Alpha, then how long until beta?  And then how long after that do we have to wait until the actual game of EQN releases?  Not going to see EQN for probably 1-2 years.  Give up all hope that we see it in 2014..if we are lucky 2015.

The more emphasis placed on EQ:L and how slowly its going, the less interested I am in EQN.

Also..curious that if you paid to get into alpha you get first dibs on the best landplots in the game.  While the rest of us who will wait for beta or whatever, or when the game releases free to play, get left overs and tablescraps. 

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Well.. wish I could play tonight.  le sigh.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by cesmode8

Also..curious that if you paid to get into alpha you get first dibs on the best landplots in the game.  While the rest of us who will wait for beta or whatever, or when the game releases free to play, get left overs and tablescraps. 

Claims are wiped after every phase.  You just get to keep blueprints of whatever you had built.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by CazNeerg

Claims are wiped after every phase.  You just get to keep blueprints of whatever you had built.

What do you mean..phase?  Alpha into beta and so on?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by ITPalg
    Originally posted by Keg0413

So they really are getting people to pay to build their world and structures for them?  I am both impressed and appalled at the same time.

It's literally a better skinned Minecraft.  Unbelievable people paid hundreds of dollars to get in on this.

Who said anything about SoE "getting" people to pay SoE?

The game will be FTP, and SoE will pay YOU on the Player Studio IF you have something worth buying.

No one is forcing people to buy a founder's pack.

He didn't say they were forced.  A common mistake to misread it that way though.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

You are paying for the tools to build. You are not paying to build their world but they will pay you if they use your design.

Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by syriinx

I caved and bout the $60 pack.  Im sure Im not the only one today.

Im more curious about the process, they mentioned 20,000 people.  This is unheard of for an alpha.  And that number is probably going to increase a lot this weekend.

No, not that unusual, seems many people are willing to play for early or alpha access, here's the figures on RUST: 500,000

http://www.destructoid.com/rust-has-sold-over-500-000-copies-269279.phtml

Or perhaps Dayz, recently reported at 800,000

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-alpha-approaches-whopping-800-000-sales-milestone/1100-6416946/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

well this just put all my gaming options this weekend on hold.

awaiting my comfirmation how to activate client!!!

Explorer!!!!   woooo!!!!!!!!!!!

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159
    hmmm...the only question.......Am I sick and need to go home early today........*ponders asking wife to check his private email*........risky...
  • RExLOADxEDRExLOADxED Member Posts: 2

LOL Doubt it. Most likely going to release the Alpha later on today so take your time pick up some good stuff on your way home from work. 

I will probably take a nap and ya.. lol 

• RExLOADxEDRExLOADxED Member Posts: 2

FYI, "quote: PLEASE NOTE: If you buy a Trailblazer or Explorer pack today in order to access Alpha, you will likely not receive your e-mails until tomorrow, but your accounts will be flagged. We will post instructions in the Alpha forums (which will be open to Trailblazers and Explorers) once e-mails begin to be deployed. 

Damn this gonna suck for me.. 

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Originally posted by severius

Looks interesting.  Too bad neither I nor my guild will be giving this a shot.

275 of us, while not the hundreds of thousands that Smedley is concerned about, isn't something to sneeze at, especially with a combined gaming experience of nearly 7000 years lol.  Oh well.  Have fun folks!  

At east until Smed stabs you in the back and tells you that you asked for it. :)

Why is it relent to us that your guild will not be playing ? Does every single MMO need to fit the format you want ?  I don't know if this game will be fun or not for me, but I think its great to see EQ go a different route and deviate from the standard MMO formula.

• HolyfleadipHolyfleadip Member Posts: 67

Why is landmark even on mmorpg.com.  Its hardly an mmo and hardly an rpg...if at all. 

In any case, finally an ALPHA launch of a game that is supposed to lead into the REAL mmo in EQN...Alpha, then how long until beta?  And then how long after that do we have to wait until the actual game of EQN releases?  Not going to see EQN for probably 1-2 years.  Give up all hope that we see it in 2014..if we are lucky 2015.

The more emphasis placed on EQ:L and how slowly its going, the less interested I am in EQN.

I'm sad to say I agree.  I could care less about EQ:L and I don't see EQN release anytime soon.  I don't know if the other readers don't understand the difference between the two, or just possessed by stupidity, but EQN is the real MMO sandbox to wait for.  EQ:L is just a distracting money grab.  Keep it.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    woot! finally!
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Holyfleadip

I'm sad to say I agree.  I could care less about EQ:L and I don't see EQN release anytime soon.  I don't know if the other readers don't understand the difference between the two, or just possessed by stupidity, but EQN is the real MMO sandbox to wait for.  EQ:L is just a distracting money grab.  Keep it.

CU next year... THX bye.............

• LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19
    I hope to claim a Cliffside. I want my Cliffside retreat
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    Oh hell  yes!!! 
  • ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by severius

Looks interesting.  Too bad neither I nor my guild will be giving this a shot.

275 of us, while not the hundreds of thousands that Smedley is concerned about, isn't something to sneeze at, especially with a combined gaming experience of nearly 7000 years lol.  Oh well.  Have fun folks!  

At east until Smed stabs you in the back and tells you that you asked for it. :)

Thanks...it's been literally years since I seen someone threaten a dev with themselves.....and their whole guild too!!!11!!!!111!!1111!@!$)(!*$($*!@)*

You made me laugh.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by syriinx

I caved and bout the $60 pack.  Im sure Im not the only one today.

Im more curious about the process, they mentioned 20,000 people.  This is unheard of for an alpha.  And that number is probably going to increase a lot this weekend.

No, not that unusual, seems many people are willing to play for early or alpha access, here's the figures on RUST: 500,000

http://www.destructoid.com/rust-has-sold-over-500-000-copies-269279.phtml

Or perhaps Dayz, recently reported at 800,000

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-alpha-approaches-whopping-800-000-sales-milestone/1100-6416946/

I think it's a bit different when your an indie dev on early access. Just rubs me the wrong way seeing the slippery  slope of big name publishers selling alpha and beta. I don't care about being one of the first people in and would rather wait for a finished, polished game.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TelilTelil Member Posts: 282

Dayz 800 000? really? im playing it, theres around 40 servers ranging between 20 and 40 per server.

thats nowhere near 800 000 lol.

Must show how bad Dayz is if that many people have rbought it and already left.