Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS SOE endorsing a world full of Shlongs ?!

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

The first Shlong in EQ Next Landmark tweeted by SOE Bigwig Smedely, Anyone else fearing a forest of never ending wangers?

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/429033001410764800/photo/1

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by thunderC

The first Shlong in EQ Next Landmark tweeted by SOE Bigwig Smedely, Anyone else fearing a forest of never ending wangers?

If I was to play this game I would grief the world....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It's actually a smart thing to do, as it's lame and will be old news by the time the game releases.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Maybe they will have a server just dedicated to Dongs & Shlongs
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

This is something people have to realize about EQL and EQN. Just because you make something in EQL doesn't mean it will make it into EQN.

They're going to review submissions for appropriateness, quality and if they are consistent with the EQ world. Which is both a good thing and bad thing, as that means people with some good skills are going to be creating the player-made stuff, but at the same time, those of us who aren't as good won't get to see our creations in the EQN proper.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Maybe they will have a server just dedicated to Dongs & Shlongs

How would PVP work in that server between 2 guys interlocked in the heat of battle? Hmmm... I wonder.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Rusque

This is something people have to realize about EQL and EQN. Just because you make something in EQL doesn't mean it will make it into EQN.

They're going to review submissions for appropriateness, quality and if they are consistent with the EQ world. Which is both a good thing and bad thing, as that means people with some good skills are going to be creating the player-made stuff, but at the same time, those of us who aren't as good won't get to see our creations in the EQN proper.

I think everyone realizes that image

The matter is more along the lines of EQN:L's freedom to build.  While I am sure certain structures will get removed due to being inappropriate, having an almost "anything goes" mentality is going to create a haphazard landscape.  Not that this is a concern when there isn't any immersion to break in a pure builder's game.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by thunderC The first Shlong in EQ Next Landmark tweeted by SOE Bigwig Smedely, Anyone else fearing a forest of never ending wangers?   https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/429033001410764800/photo/1
    If I was to play this game I would grief the world....

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Rusque

Yeah from my understanding EQN building will need 2 be aproved by SoE.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

The person in question was from the media so Smed was probably ribbing him a bit.  As far as the player population SoE has stated there will be reporting functionality as well as a "switch" devs can flip that makes any player claim (the only areas built by the players) simply go away visually to other players until it's investigated.

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315

I wonder if they aren't testing the reporting features.  Smed asks someone to build a sligtly offensive structure so he can then report it to customer service.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Supposedly the launch version is going to have some continents where anything goes, and other continents limited to things that would be considered appropriate in Next.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379

Because it's not like serious engineers do this in the real world...

http://cabinetmagazine.org/events/phallic/winner.php

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

Because some people just want to see "something" that just isn't there... god.

Apart from that: I have yet to see something out of line in EQNL. Fantastic community, helpfull, chatty, just nice and polite. Wish this would last after the game goes ftp...  but that is asking to much i guess ;-)

Need more paywalls to prevent the kids.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    It's basically SOE's way of saying "suck on this, competition!"  :)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    All I could do was ding-a-ling-lang my dang-a-long-ling-long.