Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] EverQuest Next: Landmark Alpha Specs and EQNext Grouping

BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorBerea, OHPosts: 2,363MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Aside from an update to the EverQuest Next: Landmark alpha requirements, one of the other notable discussion topics this week was the weekly Roundtable, where Omeed Dariani and Jeff Butler discuss how grouping and individual contributions might work within EverQuest Next. The Round Table discussion was enlightening for all the right reasons, as it managed to hit upon some of the differing philosophies about how content is experienced by soloists, pick-up group users, and dedicated friend-specific groups.

Click through to read all of Victor's EQN Column: Landmark Alpha Specs and EQNext Grouping

Comments

• rmk70rmk70 Toronto, ONPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Wasn't alpha supposed to launch today?
  • ErlijusErlijus Montreal, QCPosts: 95Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Wasn't alpha supposed to launch today?

Alpha is launching for trailblazers and explorers on or before the 02/28/2014. That is the official word. But at the same time, @smed teased a 2nd half of January launch on twitter, and yesterday some more hints about a launch today (something like "emails have not been sent....... yet"). Would make sense, as they host this big public event today in the SD area... So if we are to access the alpha today, it will probably be announced around the time of this event...

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

a recent tweet from Georgeson

https://twitter.com/DaveGeorgeson/status/428361950670495744

@DaveGeorgeson Mr. Georgeson please do an AMA!

@Audreylicht I will! I can't wait to do it.

But we probably need to come out from under NDA first...or else you can't ask "anything". :)

• ErlijusErlijus Montreal, QCPosts: 95Member Uncommon
    Update: after a question asking about trailblazers alpha access, @smed twiited to stay tuned "in the 5 next hours or so...". So I guess we will indeed have news about the alpha access before the end of the day. 
  • ZieglerZiegler nashville, TNPosts: 159Member
    So I have a question....if someone purchased a trailblazer or explorer pack and their systems dont meet the minimum specs for alpha.....they are going to be fooked out of alpha? Or will they be allowed to plunk along just with the caveat that they can expect a less than enjoyable experience...not that alpha tests are enjoyable to begin with mind you.
  • victorbjrvictorbjr Quezon CityPosts: 185Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ziegler
    So I have a question....if someone purchased a trailblazer or explorer pack and their systems dont meet the minimum specs for alpha.....they are going to be fooked out of alpha? Or will they be allowed to plunk along just with the caveat that they can expect a less than enjoyable experience...not that alpha tests are enjoyable to begin with mind you.

A very important question. Answered in the link under "got altered a bit" but I'll quote it for you. :)

From: https://www.eqnlandmark.com/news/eqn-landmark-alpha-system-requirements-january-23-2014-eql

"Note: If you have purchased a Founder’s Pack and feel that your computer will be unable to run the game, you may contact our customer service department and we will issue you a full refund for your purchase. " It then ends with a link for additional information, which is likely contact details.

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• nuttobnuttob Plantation, FLPosts: 291Member
    Please, please, please alpha announcement today!!!  Less than a day left in January, and you made the tweet that it's the last half of January Smed!!!
  • WellzyCWellzyC Stillwater, MNPosts: 557Member Uncommon

i5?   or higher?  Have to be kidding me.  They better fix that before Beta.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• ishistishist Leland, NCPosts: 160Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by WellzyC

i5?   or higher?  Have to be kidding me.  They better fix that before Beta.

Yeah, it should definitely be i7 or higher. Upgrade already people!

It's sad when gaming technology is held back because people wrongly prioritize food and shelter over PC Upgrades. Ramen was invented for a reason.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Nowhere, TXPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon

To paraphrase and modernize a quote by Erasmus...

"When I have a little money, I buy [games]; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

Nerds have ever been an impractical lot.

All die, so die well.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Orange County, CAPosts: 499Member
    Biggest sandbox ever. What a joke
  • logicbomb82logicbomb82 Muncie, INPosts: 201Member Uncommon
    I cannot wait! Lets hope Alpha launches today because I want to build!

Some people call me Logicbomb or Logic or a**hole. Whatever works.

• dragonsidragonsi Pottsville, PAPosts: 65Member Uncommon
    Can you please tell me if Next & Landmark will be an automatically open PVP world? I do not believe in open world PVP, absolutely against it and prefer closed areas for that. I quit EQ2 when I was attacked by someone 8 levels above me while standing at a quest NPC. I will NOT be playing Next if it is, but will gladly join it if there are 2 world choices, or just PVE only world.