Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA,NDA, NDA, You guys are being PLAYED lol.

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

You guys do know that games that drop this NDA crap is nothing more then a marketing ploy, NDA helps create the mind set of  "My Little secret Club" it helps bolster the games hype and everyone falls for it hook line and sinker lol, If a game did not want there crap leaked they would not have public Alpha/Beta testing.

Here is the thing folks, the majority of game leaks are done by the games developers to help hype the game and to see the publics opinion and gather feed back, don't be fooled and don't be a tool, understand when you are being played, do not let the NDA scam insult your intelligence.

Now I'm not saying post NDA stuff on this site but at least understand you are being played for a fool, so remember the next time someone or some game DEV. talks all this NDA crap give yourelf a giant facepalm.

People act like NDA is some type of Top Secret Government Area 51 program coving up the existence of Aliens or something lol.

Comments

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    NDA is like you can't say bad thing about the game.  Else you'l get sued.
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Not to burst your bubble but anytime someone tries to sell you something you are being played.

If I sign an NDA I respect it plain and simple.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by laokoko

Bull crap, they can't sue you, it's not like you're working for NORAD, they can try but they will be laughed out of the court room, if it's a government NDA that's different but to give a NDA to anyone on the internet that sumits there email not knowing that persons backround is there own dam fault and because of that no court in there right mind will waste there time, game NDA's are to hype the game nothing more, it's simple martketing 101, and it works, that's why they do it.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by laokoko

Bull crap, they can't sue you, it's not like you're working for NORAD, they can try but they will be laughed out of the court room, if it's a government NDA that's different but to give a NDA to anyone on the internet that sumits there email not knowing that persons backround is there own dam fault and because of that no court in there right mind will waste there time, game NDA's are to hype the game nothing more, it's simple martketing 101, and it works, that's why they do it.

^ True story

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

You will get account instantly blocked youtube twitch and so on . If you have a you tube portal witch has lot of view and has decent income it's not worth risk with NDA. Still in mother Russia no body give's a fuck we had streams and video on youtube  just hidden from OLOLO  I mentioned a lot of times if you want to see beta test PM me I will give you link to our club xD no body was asking.

ALSO very soon I will get warning of ban from MMORPG

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

You guys do know that games that drop this NDA crap is nothing more then a marketing ploy

We do, yes. You only just realised?  :D

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Azoth

Not to burst your bubble but anytime someone tries to sell you something you are being played.

I respect that, but you are still being played, this video game NDA crap reminds of those people that tip those female Twitch streamers $300, as if they got a chance in hell to hook up with that chic lol, those chics are playing men as the horny fools that they are, acting all cute for cash.

That being said being the perfect NDA agent isn't going to get you any perks with the games DEV unless you run a site like this one (maybe a free game copy of the game),  but that's only because sites like this one promotes there product, but any average Joe isn't going to get crap, you are not going to get on the Dev teams mailing list nore will you get your name in the credits, you are there for feed back and they know you will bolster the game to other people in one way or another making good use of word of mouth marketing, it's free labor and marketing, it's genius if you ask me.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

This, people should respect the Devs want, if they want a NDA well then there be an NDA its there game there choice people shoudl respect that.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I respect that, but you are still being played, this video game NDA crap reminds of those people that tip those female Twitch streamers $300, as if they got a chance in hell to hook up with that chic lol, those chics are playing men as the horny fools that they are, acting all cute for cash.

That being said being the perfect NDA agent isn't going to get you any perks with the games DEV unless you run a site like this one (maybe a free game copy of the game),  but that's only because sites like this one promotes there product, but any average Joe isn't going to get crap, you are not going to get on the Dev teams mailing list nore will you get your name in the credits, you are there for feed back and they know you will bolster the game to other people in one way or another making good use of word of mouth marketing, it's free labor and marketing, it's genius if you ask me.

Unless you're a paid beta tester, you're not supposed to get any special favors for participating in a beta. Anyone who thinks they will is not being played, but being an idiot. The same thing with streamers. Do they promise special favors for tips? No? Well, then the ones expecting some are stupid.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I think the assumption that the NDA is a gimmick due a possible preconception that beta testers are not useful. 

If however beta testers are useful to the development of a game, then isn't beta testing more than just a gimmick, and the NDA is there to at least have more quality control than none at all?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

You guys do know that games that drop this NDA crap is nothing more then a marketing ploy, NDA helps create the mind set of  "My Little secret Club" it helps bolster the games hype and everyone falls for it hook line and sinker lol, If a game did not want there crap leaked they would not have public Alpha/Beta testing.Here is the thing folks, the majority of game leaks are done by the games developers to help hype the game and to see the publics opinion and gather feed back, don't be fooled and don't be a tool, understand when you are being played, do not let the NDA scam insult your intelligence.Now I'm not saying post NDA stuff on this site but at least understand you are being played for a fool, so remember the next time someone or some game DEV. talks all this NDA crap give yourelf a giant facepalm.People act like NDA is some type of Top Secret Government Area 51 program coving up the existence of Aliens or something lol. 

Must be great being you, the only one to be able to see things with clarity. I guess on the downside it must be quite lonely. It truly is an honour and a privilege to bask in the light of your towering intellect and insightful observations. Thank you so much for bringing this to the attention of all us fools, we are not worthy. Facepalm duly administered.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Meh, NDAs are all over. If you work anywhere that you have access to any sort of proprietary information, they'll make you sign an NDA. 

I think that they probably started using it as a means of keeping that information private, because if there's something there like, say, housing and it gets cut, then people are all of a sudden unruly. 

As far as the exclusivity goes, you don't need an NDA for that, if you run a very tight beta program you've already got that. ESO and Wildstar are prime examples. Both games have people foaming at the mouths trying to get in. Once you're in, there's no further hurdles, you've made it. I'm sure that the NDA provide some level of hype because anytime that anyone leaks anything, it's almost always a big deal and people clamor to see it. However, it's not the primary purpose of the NDA. It's always about covering their asses. I think that the marketing hype you're talking about would be there anyway. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TjedTjed Member Posts: 162
    I don't get it.  To me, if someone is being played, they're being hustled or taken for a ride or whatever vernacular you want to use, then they're  losing something in the deal.  If a company offered some incentives for not breaking the NDA while testing, like free copy of the game or some free sub time or whatever, then came up with a very flimsy reason that most people broke the NDA and backed out of the reward, I suppose that would fit.  Still though, what does the company get out of it?  Free testing?  I just don't get it.  I've tested a lot of games most of them under an NDA.  I know those games have leaked info in order to get more exposure.  I lost nothing in the deal and never felt like I was being played.  I just reported bugs and enjoyed the experience.   Maybe being played means something different to you. 
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I hope the NDA stays until launch day, I decided to go into this game without looking any information on it other than the scarce general information, and with very low expectations (as with always when it comes to MMO's these days) :) should provide an exciting and fresh "on your face" experience for good and worse.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    very low expectations (as with always when it comes to MMO's these days) :) should provide an exciting and fresh "on your face" experience for good and worse.

good advice image

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    They have to institute an NDA otherwise everyone would find out there is no endgame content and the pvp is broken. Then nobody would by their overpriced CE's. Simple.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    I hope the NDA stays until launch day, I decided to go into this game without looking any information on it other than the scarce general information, and with very low expectations (as with always when it comes to MMO's these days) :) should provide an exciting and fresh "on your face" experience for good and worse.

I'm sure you'll get a fresh "on your face" experience.  I hope you have a great time with that. :)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm all for consumers making informed decisions, but lifting NDAs in the past doesn't seem to have any real impact on initial sales.  Those people who are "getting played" are going to "get played" with their eyes open or their eyes shut. 

I think the NDA being in place is much more constrictive for those people who want to campaign against the game than it is for the people who want to buy and play the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• jahnplayjahnplay Member UncommonPosts: 23

Who cares? buy the freaking game don't like it? Call your credit card company and tell them it was fraud and bam you get your money back. 

Simple as that.

Source? Been there done that.

LFG? Join our GoodGamer LFG Finder web portal today! Free Android app also available.
    Sorrowsnow77 Blog
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

You guys do know that games that drop this NDA crap is nothing more then a marketing ploy, NDA helps create the mind set of  "My Little secret Club" it helps bolster the games hype and everyone falls for it hook line and sinker lol, If a game did not want there crap leaked they would not have public Alpha/Beta testing.

Here is the thing folks, the majority of game leaks are done by the games developers to help hype the game and to see the publics opinion and gather feed back, don't be fooled and don't be a tool, understand when you are being played, do not let the NDA scam insult your intelligence.

Now I'm not saying post NDA stuff on this site but at least understand you are being played for a fool, so remember the next time someone or some game DEV. talks all this NDA crap give yourelf a giant facepalm.

People act like NDA is some type of Top Secret Government Area 51 program coving up the existence of Aliens or something lol.

To cover it up.

Nda is just a word.

Do you think that nda matters on the internet?hahah

I have beta access in many games and all my friends know how a game is before they buy.

Not only this but they can talk to others as well about their gaming experience.

About what nda are you talking?

Nda is just a word that means nothing.

Additionally,long time nda means :red alert do not buy before you try.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    In the end, we all wake up with eggs on our faces.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by killion81

I'm sure you'll get a fresh "on your face" experience.  I hope you have a great time with that. :)

Did you make it sound like it's going to explode on my face and with a rude manner, on purpose? >_>' That's a possibility too, and that's why I am charging my low expectations shield to full before diving in head first and eyes closed :)

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by jahnplay

Who cares? buy the freaking game don't like it? Call your credit card company and tell them it was fraud and bam you get your money back. 

Simple as that.

Source? Been there done that.

Yup really not that hard.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Incomparable

I think the assumption that the NDA is a gimmick due a possible preconception that beta testers are not useful. 

If however beta testers are useful to the development of a game, then isn't beta testing more than just a gimmick, and the NDA is there to at least have more quality control than none at all?

^

This discussion has been closed.