Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to figure out what I should do :/

Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Hey everyone :)

I am trying to figure out exactly what I want to play in between now, and the gap until ESO. I am currently considering going back to four different games, and I was wondering if anyone had stories or ideas on how they got into it. I have played all four a LOT and I need to go back with a different mindset, or find a different way to enjoy the game! So please help me out in deciding :D Thanks!

Rift: I have played rift since launch on and off. I have a level 57/60(have not been able to get the energy to get through the storm legion content). This is currently what im thinking about going back to. I absolutely love the world, classes, and art style of this game. I have tried rolling new alts before, but something always makes me stop logging on for some reason :/

World of Warcraft: I have played WoW since WotLK, I have a 90 rogue whom I hate dearly(lol). I cant dps on him very well, and quite frankly it doesn't seem as assassin and execution based as much as I would like it. I have a mage in the 70s, but I seem to be getting tired of the 1-80 content. For the record I do not support the "Pay for a 90" option however. I have read of people returning to WoW and absolutely loving it, I just cannot seem to find that feeling like it was when I first started. No one can deny how "alive" the world feels when you enter. It really is a terrific game regardless of what some people may say.

Star Wars the Old Republic: I actually just gave SWtOR a try last month and kind of fell back out of it. Heres my problem with the game. Ik you can level through an array of different options, but it doesnt seem as smooth as the other 3 on here. I feel like I sort of have to do things in certain order. Ik that is probably just me, but I struggle with that. Any different ways of playing that anyone has found to be enjoyable? I just can hardly get through the same missions I have done numerous times...the stories dont change, the questing gets a bit repetitive since enemies are in groups, they seem even less unique and interesting.

Guild Wars 2: Guild wars 2 is a tough one for me. I have gone through short phases and thoroughly enjoyed it, while also dreading logging on because I knew something I didnt want to do was coming up. I also think the heart system is the least "dynamic" thing I have ever done. I would honestly rather grab text-less quests from random npcs then do that BS. I do LOVE my mesmer though ;)

* Please note I have done no end of game content in any of these. I did a little in WoW, but I hardly scratched the surface of its end game. Don't rule out a game because of end game, you can express how a game had bad end game, just dont make it a necessity :D Thanks and please help me find a way to stay busy lol!

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

have you considered FFXIV-ARR?

Similar to several games you mention, however, more recently released, very polished, and quite fun.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Well, if you plan to play ESO then you may consider playing one or two singleplayer games... ESO is only two months away.
  • Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    You could role play on forums as a "fan" that is super informed and cares more about the game than those with millions of $$$ invested in it. 
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    You have roughly two months to wait until official launch and maybe just over a month until early access for pre-order customers is available for TESO. Reading your post you have already worn out the mentioned games and if you go back you will only waffle and die on them all over again. The games are what they are and you aren't going to change. Therefore I would suggest you give a new game a try probably something free to play or cheap to buy into playing if you really want an MMORPG. There are tons of options fitting that bill and most games made for today's market come across as one month wonders for a hard core player anyway. You could also play a single player game like Skyrim or Oblivion while passing the time.
  • BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I would recommend not playing an MMORPG. The genre might not be for you. There are plenty of other single-player games that might be right up your alley. You could also play some MMOs that don't require leveling.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    All great advice. I do like mmorpg's and I do enjoy leveling! I am not too fond of single player games, and I loved Oblivion, didn't care much for skyrim at all. Its true that perhaps I might be a bit warn. I wish I could get a little more into the games I listed, specifically rift or gw2. I will think about this. My question now is, to the person who recommended FF. Does it look a LOT like most asian mmorpgs? I cant stand that look too much. Tera was "too chinese" of an mmo for me. Idk how to describe what im saying lol, however I just personally enjoy the way western mmorpgs run, look, and play. Any other good titles anyone could recommend?
    Originally posted by Tykam123
    All great advice. I do like mmorpg's and I do enjoy leveling! I am not too fond of single player games, and I loved Oblivion, didn't care much for skyrim at all. Its true that perhaps I might be a bit warn. I wish I could get a little more into the games I listed, specifically rift or gw2. I will think about this. My question now is, to the person who recommended FF. Does it look a LOT like most asian mmorpgs? I cant stand that look too much. Tera was "too chinese" of an mmo for me. Idk how to describe what im saying lol, however I just personally enjoy the way western mmorpgs run, look, and play. Any other good titles anyone could recommend?

Try Age of Conan f2p.

Hmm, I have played AoC and the population was huge turnoff.
    Not enough people, or the wrong type?
    Personally, it just did not feel very...alive. It really did feel pretty dead. I understand there is a population there, but I have heard that certain aspects such as pvp are close to dead.
    Originally posted by Tykam123
    Personally, it just did not feel very...alive. It really did feel pretty dead. I understand there is a population there, but I have heard that certain aspects such as pvp are close to dead.

Yea, I imagine everyone is Thoths or general Changs. The lower levels probably pretty vacant.

If you dont mind me asking, what are you currently playing and why?
  • IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

From looking at your list and some of the comments.  I'd say if you're scoping for something new, perhaps TSW.

Originally posted by RealmLordsKen

From looking at your list and some of the comments.  I'd say if you're scoping for something new, perhaps TSW.

Yeah, I have actually REALLY considered TSW. And to be honest, I kind of forgot about it. Anything positive you have to say about it? I was so close to buying, then the bad reviews turned me off!

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Any bad reviews of TSW are misleading. It's a great game. Definitely give it a try if you haven't.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

Alright, I think I will do that! Thanks, the community here so far has been great!
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I'd say go with TSW also, it has a fairly unique setting as far as mmorpg's go. One of my favorite part's is 1 character can learn all skill's in the game given time. There are several premade build's you can choose from, or you can make your own. A build is made with 2 weapon's and 7 active skill's, 7 passive skill's chosen from the 2 weapon's skill pool. You can also repeat most of the quest's, they are on a 24 hour reset timer (not sure if this would bother you).