Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game #1?

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

OP,  you are just saying that about GW2 because you were banned for verbally abusing players in chat. After a couple of months of dwelling on your permanent ban, now all of a sudden u hate GW2 when previously you said:

Originally posted by sonicwhip2

If I didn't get a permanent ban for using offensive language I would still be making them money and buying lots of gems.

Nice try. Don't be so butt hurt, it's just a game.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I don't play it anymore, haven't in about 6 months now, but Guild Wars 2 is the best game that has come out in the past 5 years or so. So yes, I do think it deserves to be in the number one spot.

Every other game that has released has been pretty worthless. It's just lack of competition OP.

• sonicwhip2sonicwhip2 Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Nevulus

OP,  you are just saying that about GW2 because you were banned for verbally abusing players in chat. After a couple of months of dwelling on your permanent ban, now all of a sudden u hate GW2 when previously you said:

If I didn't get a permanent ban for using offensive language I would still be making them money and buying lots of gems.

Nice try. Don't be so butt hurt, it's just a game.

I'm not permanently banned, my mistake.

But I returned to the game and could not find anything fun to do anymore and the new marionette living story event was also a huge fail. I waited for 2 hours for me and a huge zerg to be defeated in 5 minutes by a very buggy boss and got disconnected a lot. The quality of their updates are extremely low.

I tried all 5 different lanes of groups for this event, all disconnected me and the whole group.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Anyone that bothers to look over your 13 previous posts will see you admit to getting banned from the game. So I am not sure what exactly your thread is trying to accomplish.

Personally I got greater value than the price I paid for it. I have primarily moved on to other games, but occasionally I fire it up at no cost and the population on the servers continues to be healthy when I play.

Right now speculating that there will be a "GW2 killer" in 2014 is just as useful as the thousands of "WoW killer" posts over the years. Until proven it is all hype and rhetoric. GW2 is a profitable game as was GW. The model has been very successful and I expect more to move to their model in the future.

So you may not get it, but apparently plenty of other gamers do. To each their own.   

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Also, I don't know how Anet can continue claiming they are the "fastest selling mmo"

They have 3 million now in 2 years when cataclysm sold over 3 million in just the first 24 hours alone.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

After less than one month of gw2 I completely forgot this game even existed.

In gw2, shitty temporary events filled with bugs and glitches every two weeks 

I'm a little curious how you know that the events are buggy and glitchy when you forgot about this game's existance 15 months ago?

Harbinger of Fools
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Most single player games last about 20-30 hours. So not even close to a month of playing. But those are a good deal with lots of story ..blah blah blah

GW2 lasted a month ( at least ) and people rage about it being too short.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Because an mmo is typically suppose to hold your attention for years to come. Games like WoW have done that.

GW2, like any other MMO listed on this site, is intended to keep someone who enjoys its style of play interested for a long time.

And it's doing just that, for a lot of people.

Clearly you're not counted among them.

Okay.... and... so what? 

No game is going to be for "everyone".... you included.

So what, exactly is your point? That GW2 doesn't deserve good ratings or the praise it's received... because you don't enjoy it?

Originally posted by atziluth

Anyone that bothers to look over your 13 previous posts will see you admit to getting banned from the game. So I am not sure what exactly your thread is trying to accomplish.

Personally I got greater value than the price I paid for it. I have primarily moved on to other games, but occasionally I fire it up at no cost and the population on the servers continues to be healthy when I play.

Right now speculating that there will be a "GW2 killer" in 2014 is just as useful as the thousands of "WoW killer" posts over the years. Until proven it is all hype and rhetoric. GW2 is a profitable game as was GW. The model has been very successful and I expect more to move to their model in the future.

So you may not get it, but apparently plenty of other gamers do. To each their own.   

I am no longer banned.

Also all the servers list "very high" due to the number of accounts created and not the active players. which is just another deceitful method to make people think the game is thriving.

Originally posted by Dakeru

I'm a little curious how you know that the events are buggy and glitchy when you forgot about this game's existance 15 months ago?

I recently just returned for this new living story event involving the marionette boss to see nothing has changed.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Because an mmo is typically suppose to hold your attention for years to come. Games like WoW have done that.

Allow me to have a laugh; Ha-Ha.

Seriously, no. MMO's are just your everyday games with the socializing aspect built to them as a core. You need to lower your standards. Games dont last years unless they launch under the golden star with silver spoon in their arse like league and wow did.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I recently just returned for this new living story event involving the marionette boss to see nothing has changed.

Ok so you did one of all the 2 week events and that means all of the previous ones, within the last year, must have been buggy.

Ok.

Well sorry that you came back and didn't like the game. Guess it's time for all of us to stop playing now.

Harbinger of Fools
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Most single player games last about 20-30 hours. So not even close to a month of playing. But those are a good deal with lots of story ..blah blah blah

Because MMO's aren't supposed to end.

I play MMOs because I enjoy being part of a living world with other players.

If an MMO only lasts me a month, it wasn't worth it.  I play MMOs in hope of finding one that I can play for years.

Unfortunately all MMOs at the moment consist of nothing but re-hashed mechanics and ideas that have been repeated hundreds of times for the past 15 years.

Even the sandbox games (EVE, Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc.) are complete crap.  EVE is only fun if you've been playing it for years...or if you really enjoy economics and building in game wealth (some people love that... I personally hate it.).

Darkfall 1 was the best sandbox game available in my opinion.  At least for the last 9 months or so of its existence (no grind and combat system had finally reached a level where it was extremely fun).  Then the company running it killed it in hope of making a more "themepark sandbox" and the unleashed Darkfall Unholy Wars, one of the worst games I've ever played.

And Mortal Online is still in pre-alpha...so not much to say there.

There's no MMO available right now that can hold my attention for more than a week or 2.

Here's to hoping The Repopulation or Star Citizen finally put an end to this.

You can defend this game all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it most likely won't even exist in 2015. Remember NCsoft has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to shutting down games.(R.I.P City of Heroes.)

Already in the last financial report for gw2 it has lost over 40% of revenue generated.(Think I'm making this up? http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx  read 3Q 2013 earnings releases on the top)

During this time of WoW's lifespan its revenue was still skyrocketing past the moon and reaching new millions of subs almost every month.

How do you even expect something as incredibly shitty as this to even be able to hold onto its players once Everquest Next releases?

Ok GW2...2 years...40 percent drop in revenue.

WoW.....2 years...revenue still rising.

Not a very good sign IMO.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

You can defend this game all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it most likely won't even exist in 2015. Remember NCsoft has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to shutting down games.(R.I.P City of Heroes.)

Already in the last financial report for gw2 it has lost over 40% of revenue generated.(Think I'm making this up? http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx  read 3Q 2013 earnings releases on the top)

During this time of WoW's lifespan its revenue was still skyrocketing past the moon and reaching new millions of subs almost every month.

How do you even expect something as incredibly shitty as this to even be able to hold onto its players once Everquest Next releases?

base on your wording, i had a feeling that you got hit hard and trying to bite back the game. i'm not here to defend any game but i'll speak my opinions.

its hard for a decend game disappear within 1 year. so i guess you'll see GW2 in 2015 for sure.

secondly, you should compare GW2 with all the recent release game like SWTOR or FF14. no game even reach  what WOW did. also i think WOW is droping from 10 mil subs to 7mil and it still does.

thirdly, one game is not for everyone, i knew some people doesnt like WOW at all because of the cartoonis style. however the number of people vote for it will speak for it instead of just 1 person opinions.

forth, i going sleep :D

Originally posted by squalleonaha

base on your wording, i had a feeling that you got hit hard and trying to bite back the game. i'm not here to defend any game but i'll speak my opinions.

its hard for a decend game disappear within 1 year. so i guess you'll see GW2 in 2015 for sure.

secondly, you should compare GW2 with all the recent release game like SWTOR or FF14. no game even reach  what WOW did. also i think WOW is droping from 10 mil subs to 7mil and it still does.

thirdly, one game is not for everyone, i knew some people doesnt like WOW at all because of the cartoonis style. however the number of people vote for it will speak for it instead of just 1 person opinions.

forth, i going sleep :D

Don't know how I got hit hard? Still playing the game for free and will never buy gems again but bores the crap out of me when I log in.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

Uhhh.. MMO's are designed to last over the long term in order to keep people paying. If it only lasts a month, it's not good enough. Period.

If that doesn't make sense, you're either trolling or completely ignorant.

Or both :)

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

moving on dude, if it bore, get a new game. i do the same.

its hard to find a game to stick to 3-5 years nowaday.

as for everquest next. i would not let my hype up too much. since it F2P the cash shop will get your brain crazy.

i think MMO now only good for 1 month and then moving on another, if you like 1 you can sub some more month.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Ok, Honestly this mmo could not keep me interested for more than one month after launch. Everything ArenaNet said in the pre release blog posts and manifesto video were all lies to sell more boxes and yet people still support a developer that would blatantly lie left and right in order to build a huge hype.

All the blog posts were taken down from the ArenaNet website when the game launched so most people would not notice all the lies they wrote and they replaced the original Dynamic Event overview on the GW2 front page promising a living breathing world full of consequences with a more watered down version. There is no living breathing world in GW2, everything that happens repeats every 5 minutes and the living story is pretty shitty imo, where in the hell in gw2 can you find anything similiar to a "living breathing dynamic world were every choice a player makes cascades across the entire region causing lasting consequences" you can go to a high level map and it's all still the same, you trigger an event, complete it. little to minor change, everything resets in 5-10 minutes to be completed again. You save a farm or something from bandits, 10 minutes later same bandits attack again and the people you saved greet you with "huh, who are you?" To point out just how badly they have failed to achieve a living breathing world we now have a huge group of players known as "champ trains" running around killing the same champion bosses over and over for loot. Nothing in the world ever changes the word "dynamic" is 100% irrelevant in this game.

The content updates for this game are terrible, even some F2P games are delivering better content. Temporary events every 2 weeks that require a large mindless zerg. If you leave and come back a year later there will be almost nothing new because everything that happened was temporary.

Why is an mmo belonging to a developer that put forth such a large number of lies getting number 1 spot on mmorpg.com? Is it just some wild fanboys or maybe the devs all rushing to this site to give a 10 out of 10?

Please to anyone wondering if this game is good...save your money and do not buy this you will regret it severely, I was super hyped for this game before the launch then I saw how much they lied about everything.

Please, just save your money and wait for Everquest Next or something better.

In general this game to me would score something along the line of a 4 out of 10.

Honestly this website needs to change how the rating system works, it is way to easily abused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySP-vuH65dY

I don't think it was ANET's intention to deceive people. Yes, I too have watched the Manifesto and found it difficult to see where they fully delivered. But I truly believe that what they said in that video was their honest intent and desire. I think what happened is they ran out of time.

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Ok, Honestly this mmo could not keep me interested for more than one month after launch. Everything ArenaNet said in the pre release blog posts and manifesto video were all lies to sell more boxes and yet people still support a developer that would blatantly lie left and right in order to build a huge hype.

All the blog posts were taken down from the ArenaNet website when the game launched so most people would not notice all the lies they wrote and they replaced the original Dynamic Event overview on the GW2 front page promising a living breathing world full of consequences with a more watered down version. There is no living breathing world in GW2, everything that happens repeats every 5 minutes and the living story is pretty shitty imo, where in the hell in gw2 can you find anything similiar to a "living breathing dynamic world were every choice a player makes cascades across the entire region causing lasting consequences" you can go to a high level map and it's all still the same, you trigger an event, complete it. little to minor change, everything resets in 5-10 minutes to be completed again. You save a farm or something from bandits, 10 minutes later same bandits attack again and the people you saved greet you with "huh, who are you?" To point out just how badly they have failed to achieve a living breathing world we now have a huge group of players known as "champ trains" running around killing the same champion bosses over and over for loot. Nothing in the world ever changes the word "dynamic" is 100% irrelevant in this game.

The content updates for this game are terrible, even some F2P games are delivering better content. Temporary events every 2 weeks that require a large mindless zerg. If you leave and come back a year later there will be almost nothing new because everything that happened was temporary.

Why is an mmo belonging to a developer that put forth such a large number of lies getting number 1 spot on mmorpg.com? Is it just some wild fanboys or maybe the devs all rushing to this site to give a 10 out of 10?

Please to anyone wondering if this game is good...save your money and do not buy this you will regret it severely, I was super hyped for this game before the launch then I saw how much they lied about everything.

In general this game to me would score something along the line of a 4 out of 10.

Honestly this website needs to change how the rating system works, it is way to easily abused.

Lol, I love that you know everything about the game. That all the updates every two weeks sucks and giving the the game a rating of 4 out of 10 tells me that someone has been playing this game ALOT more then a month.

How can you know all this otherwise?

Maybe your just trolling, maybe :)

otherwise maybe this sites rating are also wrong  http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/938738-guild-wars-2/index.html

or this site is also wrong: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

or this site : http://www.gamespot.com/guild-wars-2/

here : http://www.ign.com/games/guild-wars-2/mac-143194

this one maybe: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/guild-wars-2-review/3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/365577/reviews/guild-wars-2-review-the-final-verdict-review/

the list goes on and on and on

But hey maybe your right and every review and ratingslist in the world is wrong.

I don't play the game anymore but was the game worth my money, much more then any other mmo I have ever played. I can go back when I want to and don't have to pay a dime.

So dude just quit trolling and do something else.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I predict GW2 making less money than Aion when the 4th quarter NcSoft earnings report comes out(February 13th).
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Perhaps you should consider that you are not part of the majority of gamers.  WoW probably should get a better score than GW2, but this site is somewhat of a haven for jaded WoW vets, so it wont.  GW2 on the other hand is a solid game with a very strong following.  It probably ties with SWTOR for the second most popular MMO, except it didn't alienate the same number of people that SWTOR did (which caused it to get lowered ratings).

I don't play GW2 for the record.  It was fun for a short while, but then got boring as they turned to living story rather than real content.  But as others have said, which game launched since WoW and EQ2 have actually kept anyone's interest?

Personally I think EQ2 is more deserving of the top ranking than GW2, I mean that game kept me entertained for over 7 years, but I am not so naïve to think that my perspective matches that of the average gamer.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

This thread would make so much more sense if it was a necro... how is someone just finding out now that gw2 is terrible? 

Also, eventually in life, as you grow older, people find out that not everyone shares their taste.  Gw2 did a lot of things different than previous mmos, most people didn't care for it and moved on, but there is a dedicated fan base that seems to love this game and are the ones responsible for it's high ratings.  You can say many things about gw2 but WoW clone is not one of them, and if you look around at other high budget mmos you'll realize that is a very rare thing these days.

As for saying wait for EQN...  trying to measure a launched game that people have played the hell out of and come to their opinions about to a game that isn't even in alpha yet is just... ugh...

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     I thought GW2 was not meant to be a game that you played full time like WoW or EQ.  Instead you jumped in whenever you want since you have no kind of fee being payed to play.  Sort of like something to do between different games or if you are bored. I never expected a 60 dollar game to last forever.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

You can defend this game all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it most likely won't even exist in 2015. 

It's a fact that it most likely won't exist ?

Can you explain how that is a fact. I've enjoyed reading your other nonsense and would like to see how you explain this one too.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Based on your profile and your previous posts, you used to be one of these "fanboys".   You were banned from the game back in November for excessive profanity/foul language.   Now you have some sort of vendetta against it just because you were banned because of your own behavior within a territory that you agreed to maintain some decorum.

I do hope you realize that future games you participate in will also have similar agreements that require you to comply with.   Also I hope that you understand that it's the community that finds your in-game attitude distasteful and reports you for review by Game Managers in the first place (i.e. the people around you found you to be toxic).   If the same attitude is kept in other games that you displayed in GW2, you'll be banned there just the same.   Hopefully history can be learned from so that it is not repeated.

This discussion has been closed.