Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO vs Wildstar - Pros and Cons

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    For me the only thing worth comparing is the combat, in which Wildstar wins hands down.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by evilastro
    For me the only thing worth comparing is the combat, in which Wildstar wins hands down.

I never found " jump out of the red box" all that fun. They had neat skills..I guess but I spent most of my time just moving out of red boxes on the ground. It was really ..disappointing.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by TinglySidewinda
    Originally posted by Fenia
    Originally posted by reeereee
    If this were three days ago I would jump in here and talk about how ESO will do so much better than Wildstar because anyone who wants to play a game like Wildstar is already playing WoW and no game has ever successfully put a dent in WoW.  But now with ESO's naked cash grab I have real doubts about ESO as well, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they both flopped.

Soooooooooo True

But atleast I can go watch Wildstar being played... I ve played ESO, I  think the hybrid skill system is cool but its limited by the amount of skills you can equip. 

since u have played ESO can u tell us how many skills can u use in combat and how many in wildstar?

ESO

5 SKills + an ult is on your bar.

Wildstar

21+ bar assignments... +2 PATH Skills (see youtube for explanation on paths)  based on what I can see from twitch.

Guess you never got to the level when you can freely weaponswap bettwen two weapons giving you 10 skills and 2 ultis

oh well the more you know

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Lokberg
    Originally posted by Fenia
    If this were three days ago I would jump in here and talk about how ESO will do so much better than Wildstar because anyone who wants to play a game like Wildstar is already playing WoW and no game has ever successfully put a dent in WoW.  But now with ESO's naked cash grab I have real doubts about ESO as well, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they both flopped.

Soooooooooo True

But atleast I can go watch Wildstar being played... I ve played ESO, I  think the hybrid skill system is cool but its limited by the amount of skills you can equip. 

since u have played ESO can u tell us how many skills can u use in combat and how many in wildstar?

ESO

5 SKills + an ult is on your bar.

Wildstar

21+ bar assignments... +2 PATH Skills (see youtube for explanation on paths)  based on what I can see from twitch.

Guess you never got to the level when you can freely weaponswap bettwen two weapons giving you 10 skills and 2 ultis

oh well the more you know

Exactly, I prefer the swapping rather than the two rows which is the last I saw of the Wildstar UI, maybe it has changed since then. I find it so much easier to map ESO to my mouse buttons without having to look down at either the gaming mouse or keyboard. IMO ESO is better at having you look at the screen.

There Is Always Hope!

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Takes this information as you will (wink....wink...), but you can cross the lag from graphics in massive PvP from the Con list in ESO... And then I get ban for this reply...
  • Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by baphamet

a month after launch nobody is going to give a shit about pre-orders, most people probably don't give a shit now.

meanwhile, wildstar will continue to have cheesy cartoony graphics, no thanks, not my cup of tea.

sucks for you that all you care about is graphics. must be hard for you to find your perfect game.

But I guess thats how it is for some people. they just cant really handle settling down with something, they would just be more satisfied to search endlessly.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Elder Scrolls Online

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

You have clearly not played TESO.

Lack of information / NDA (no streams on twitch)

Both are true, but how can you list these as cons of the game? Cons of marketing, but the game itself has nothing to do with these.

Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)

Again, not a con of the game itself. Some people are considering it a bad business decision because of upsetting players, but this won't cause balance issues.

Wildstar

Pros

More open with its information, beta streaming on twitch daily

Again, marketing has nothing to do with the game itself. Yes, you are more informed and that makes you happy, but has no bearing on the quality of the game itself.

Gameplay looks better

. . . that's totally cool as your opinion, but really bizarre to list as a pro (or a con).

Simple graphics mean more players will be able to play in one area

Yes, but Wildstar doesn't have simple graphics. It has a stylized aesthetic, models are pretty high quality, as are environments and effects. Art style doesn't ruin/improve frames per second.

Server rivals/trash talk (Traditional servers)

No clue what you're talking about. Are you suggesting that rivalries and trash talking are unique to Wildstar?

Cons

Blatant personal preferences.

Ultimately for me its gameplay that trumps, and I havent played Wildstar as of yet, but just watching people play the gameplay looks better.  I had zero interest until I actually got more information on WAR Plots....

I dont buy ESO's Cyrodill working with super limited skills... and high graphics in terms of mmos.  

As far as the games, I feel Wildstar is more open as a company.   Whereas ESO has something to hide. 

Gameplay wins for you. Good, it does for most of us. I've played both. No comment on which has superior combat.

ESO has super limited skills? Baskin Robbins has 1 flavor.

Wildstar isn't a company.

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Past Elderscrolls are part of world

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

NDA (no streams on twitch)

Graphics may interfere with Cyrodill large scale pvp (lag)

Mega Server (Potentially a con, just ignore everyone outside your guild)

Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)

Mega Server (limited to building rivals)

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

War Plots (40 vs 40 castles/raid bosses) (Best endgame pvp gear)

Server open pvp zones while leveling

Gameplay looks better

Cons

Story (Seems like a joke, some might like that)

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

No world siege at launch (maybe later they said, no guarantee)

WOWish

Ultimately for me its gameplay that trumps, and I havent played Wildstar as of yet, but just watching people play the gameplay looks better.  I had zero interest until I actually got more information on WAR Plots....

I dont buy ESO's Cyrodill working with super limited skills... and high graphics in terms of mmos.  

As far as the games, I feel Wildstar is more open as a company.   Whereas ESO has something to hide. 

Wildstar = WoW 2.0, no thanks

ESO = Great graphics, fun combat, unique class building elements, maaaaaaaaaassive daoc style pvp and lots of horizontal character progression.  Call it biased, whatever.  I don't care.  I do know that Wildstar looks like shit to me.

Originally posted by Randallt3mp

a month after launch nobody is going to give a shit about pre-orders, most people probably don't give a shit now.

meanwhile, wildstar will continue to have cheesy cartoony graphics, no thanks, not my cup of tea.

sucks for you that all you care about is graphics. must be hard for you to find your perfect game.

But I guess thats how it is for some people. they just cant really handle settling down with something, they would just be more satisfied to search endlessly.

Its 2014. I want great graphics and great gameplay, not one or the other. If I wanted bad graphics I'd go play an MMO on my Ipad.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

Its 2014. I want great graphics and great gameplay, not one or the other. If I wanted bad graphics I'd go play an MMO on my Ipad.

Ya and i want games feed me and wipe my ass but it doesnt mean its gonna happen.  Theres a concept called balance with which you are obviously not familiar with.  A game can't have BF4++ style graphics and function as an MMO. It just isnt possible with current technology man.  Come back in 2020 maybe?  as for me I am willing to play a game which still has solid graphics it has a fun and engaging world and gameplay.  If you don't compromise you will never be happy.  Stay dissatisfied though...its up to you.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The only negative of Wildstar is it's graphics.  I can't stand the look of cartoony worlds it just doesn't suit me no matter how good the game is or can be.

For all the negatives of ESO, and god knows there are a ton, I would still rather play it because at least it looks nice.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Ya and i want games feed me and wipe my ass but it doesnt mean its gonna happen.  Theres a concept called balance with which you are obviously not familiar with.  A game can't have BF4++ style graphics and function as an MMO. It just isnt possible with current technology man.  Come back in 2020 maybe?  as for me I am willing to play a game which still has solid graphics it has a fun and engaging world and gameplay.  If you don't compromise you will never be happy.  Stay dissatisfied though...its up to you.

Says my friends who keep trying to get me to play Minecraft, Terraria, Cubeworld, and Starbound.  Sorry looks are a huge part of my preference and I shouldn't have to compromise.  But that's fine if you enjoy looking at shitty graphics then more power to you.  I'll wait for developers to make good games that also look good and continue to play my oldies till then.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

It's ESO for me.  I played the Wildstar beta and was not impressed.  Some interesting features but overall the world felt very shallow.

Not saying ESO is vastly superior (although ESO's combat IS vastly superior in almost every way to Wildstar's) but my love for TES and the fact that it's not nearly as goofy or cartoony is what does it for me.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    So when do they start the open betas on both of these so we can actually make an informed comparison?
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I think everyone here either does not know about or has over looked what I consider a major "Pro" for WildStar.  WildStar will support "Add-Ons" and there is already a Add-On community creating all sorts of new widgets you can load up and use.  WildStar also has a very deep crafting system which is superior to ESO's crafting system.  Also, the Housing system is bar none the best I have ever seen in a game to date.

If people would look into WildStar and see past what they perceive as cartoony graphics then they may see something that has depth and enough content to keep players involved for years to come.

Just putting my 2 copper in here since I think people are overlooking some nice features that shine in WildStar.

Ratero.

Originally posted by Lugors
    So when do they start the open betas on both of these so we can actually make an informed comparison?

well Wildstar has plenty of info and recent streams up to watch to get a feel for the gameplay. 

ESO has a few videos from the last 3 years and new Cinematic Trailer!!!  The trailer is awesome by the way.  Kinda reminds me how awesome SWTOR's was and then we played the game...

Originally posted by Ratero

I think everyone here either does not know about or has over looked what I consider a major "Pro" for WildStar.  WildStar will support "Add-Ons" and there is already a Add-On community creating all sorts of new widgets you can load up and use.  WildStar also has a very deep crafting system which is superior to ESO's crafting system.  Also, the Housing system is bar none the best I have ever seen in a game to date.

If people would look into WildStar and see past what they perceive as cartoony graphics then they may see something that has depth and enough content to keep players involved for years to come.

Just putting my 2 copper in here since I think people are overlooking some nice features that shine in WildStar.

Ratero.

+1 Agreed.  Unfortunately most new players are too young and spoiled so they only want the newest flashiest effects money can buy and to hell with depth and meaningful gameplay.  They just want awesome CGI.  Basically they dont wan't an MMO they want an mildly interactive movie....meh. different strokes i guess...

Or they just wanna seem cool and tough and if their 14yr old bros see them playing a silly cartoon game they'll get called a *** at highschool.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Wildstar looks better graphically, Going first person in ESO makes everything look like Morrowind. If you play in 3rd person then you see crappy animation that looks like your legs and upper body are separate entities and not part of one body.  After that you notice that everything in the game is colored brown and grey and anything remotely colored is very dull, talk about depressing.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

Originally posted by Xirik

Wildstar looks better graphically, Going first person in ESO makes everything look like Morrowind. If you play in 3rd person then you see crappy animation that looks like your legs and upper body are separate entities and not part of one body.  After that you notice that everything in the game is colored brown and grey and anything remotely colored is very dull, talk about depressing.

Lol that was funny, about the better graphics part.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by Ratero

Ratero.

If the Add ons look like Legoland who cares. ESO will allow UI Mods which considering the depth of the mod community should really make the UI even more awesome. As far as the crafting system, prove it.

There Is Always Hope!

Hurt the truth does

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Past Elderscrolls are part of world

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

NDA (no streams on twitch)

Graphics may interfere with Cyrodill large scale pvp (lag)

Mega Server (Potentially a con, just ignore everyone outside your guild)

Mega Server (limited to building rivals)

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

War Plots (40 vs 40 castles/raid bosses) (Best endgame pvp gear)

Server open pvp zones while leveling

Gameplay looks better

Cons

Story (Seems like a joke, some might like that)

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

No world siege at launch (maybe later they said, no guarantee)

WOWish

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28
    I played both Wildstar and ESO extensively. Without a doubt ESO is a lot more FUN!!! 
  • artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Hurt the truth does

That picture has better graphics than Wildstar. Just saying......

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

Originally posted by artemisentr4

Hurt the truth does

That picture has better graphics than Wildstar. Just saying......

A picture from real life has better graphics then wildstar? EGADS MAN You are SMART!image