Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netflix mmo movie: Rise of the Fellowship

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

As an older person, this is one of those things (also with rock music dying) that angers and puzzles me.

Why can't people actually play video games? Why is watching other people play them such a big deal? (e-sports, you tube Let's Plays). They're supposed to be fun to play, not fun to watch others play...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Some games are fun to watch. I'll admit I'm a big Dota2 and LoL fan (not regular games on twitch or anything, but I do enjoy watching pros). I used to watch SC and SC2 as well.

Pro's play very differently than regular players, and those MOBA's and RTS games work well as e-sports. The only problem is when I get excited to play and then my experience is not at all what I just watched.

Dota 2 pro game = teamwork, great strategies, thoughtful hero picking/metagaming.

Dota 2 regular folks = people fighting over heros/picking selfish heroes, fighting over who will buy courier, calling each other names immediately as game starts, blaming others for everything, quitting/disconnecting.

Then you realize after 9 out of 10 games are horrible experiences, MOBA's can be a pain to play, but fun to watch!

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

As an older person, this is one of those things (also with rock music dying) that angers and puzzles me.

Why can't people actually play video games? Why is watching other people play them such a big deal? (e-sports, you tube Let's Plays). They're supposed to be fun to play, not fun to watch others play...

Well watching someone else play can give you an idea if you are going to like a game or not.  Is rock music dying? I thought it started dying back in the 70s or something.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I don't really think that's what it's about:

A group of friends embark on an epic journey to find a new world they have only heard of, encountering dangerous obstacles and threats around every corner. During their quest they lose one of their most precious possessions and must display depths of bravery and heroism that they never thought possible. With the aid of some unexpected allies along the way, the companions fiercely look for certainty that they can reach their destination.

or as a customer put it:

The synopsis of this movie doesn't do it justice at all. This isn't just a ripoff Fellowship of the Ring movie, it's a heartfelt, comedic tale of a bunch of regular nerds who go on a modern day journey akin to the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings. Movie and book references galore, as well as some actual Lord of the Rings online game play scenes. Give it a watch, it's not bad!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

It's human nature. Why did people watch gladiators fight? Why is the Super Bowl the most watched program in America yearly? People like watching people compete, it's just what we do.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.