Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO vs Wildstar - Pros and Cons

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Past Elderscrolls are part of world

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

NDA (no streams on twitch)

Graphics may interfere with Cyrodill large scale pvp (lag)

Mega Server (Potentially a con, just ignore everyone outside your guild)

Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)

Mega Server (limited to building rivals)

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

War Plots (40 vs 40 castles/raid bosses) (Best endgame pvp gear)

Server open pvp zones while leveling

More open with its information, beta streaming on twitch daily

Gameplay looks better

Simple graphics mean more players will be able to play in one area

Server rivals/trash talk (Traditional servers)

Cons

Story (Seems like a joke, some might like that)

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

No world siege at launch (maybe later they said, no guarantee)

WOWish

Ultimately for me its gameplay that trumps, and I havent played Wildstar as of yet, but just watching people play the gameplay looks better.  I had zero interest until I actually got more information on WAR Plots....

I dont buy ESO's Cyrodill working with super limited skills... and high graphics in terms of mmos.  

As far as the games, I feel Wildstar is more open as a company.   Whereas ESO has something to hide. 

Comments

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129
    That list didn't look biased at all did it... 8)
  • TinglySidewindaTinglySidewinda Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by smokeybha

My information on Wildstar is only based on 3 days research.. I wouldnt even call in depth research.  But yes... it just feels more open to finding this shit out than having to try and look through Q&A's ESO provides....

They release around the same time, i was pumped for ESO but I gotta give wildstar atleast a look before I jump into ESO blind folded.

I have also heard of some guilds jumping ship, and moving to Wildstar over ESO.   Just another dudes opinion.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by TinglySidewinda

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

Gameplay looks better

Cons

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

WOWish

Ultimately for me its gameplay that trumps, and I havent played Wildstar as of yet, but just watching people play the gameplay looks better.  I had zero interest until I actually got more information on WAR Plots....

I dont buy ESO's Cyrodill working with super limited skills... and high graphics in terms of mmos.  

As far as the games, I feel Wildstar is more open as a company.   Whereas ESO has something to hide. 

"Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)"

I facepalm every time I see that yet another person has skimmed the info so quickly that they didn't get the part that read:

IMPERIALS ONLY

And you forgot TESO: PROS = The first mmoRPG since Dark Age of Camelot that offers a 3 faction experience that doesn't involve immediate faction crossover for forced pvp while questing.  In other words, you have a true culture of your own to grow up in, not some cosmetically induced vapor-lore where you have a race but no country to call your own.

Wildstar Con:  Same races beating each other up yet again, proving once more this is a co-op E-Sport and not an mmo where RPG means a damned thing.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Cons:

NDA

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Wildstar

Pros

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Cons

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

Opinion

That's about all I got from this...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Originally posted by Comaf

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

Gameplay looks better

Cons

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

WOWish

"Preorder (whats the point of raced based factions if they can be played as any, with preorder, could lead to balancing issues at launch)"

I facepalm every time I see that yet another person has skimmed the info so quickly that they didn't get the part that read:

IMPERIALS ONLY

And you forgot TESO: PROS = The first mmoRPG since Dark Age of Camelot that offers a 3 faction experience that doesn't involve immediate faction crossover for forced pvp while questing.  In other words, you have a true culture of your own to grow up in, not some cosmetically induced vapor-lore where you have a race but no country to call your own.

Wildstar Con:  Same races beating each other up yet again, proving once more this is a co-op E-Sport and not an mmo where RPG means a damned thing.

Unless its a typo:

Pre-Order Elder Scrolls Online to Receive The Explorer's Pack!

Pre-Order Elder Scrolls Online to Receive The In-Game Explorer's Pack!

Explorer's Pack includes:

• Four Bonus Treasure Maps
    • Scuttler Vanity Pet
    • Play Any Race in Any Alliance

http://www.ebgames.ca/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-with-bonus/313263?ref=recpdp&cross=712988#bonusFeatures

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    If this were three days ago I would jump in here and talk about how ESO will do so much better than Wildstar because anyone who wants to play a game like Wildstar is already playing WoW and no game has ever successfully put a dent in WoW.  But now with ESO's naked cash grab I have real doubts about ESO as well, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they both flopped.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    I think it is pointless since not everyone played both games and there is still the NDA up.
  • SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Comaf

IMPERIALS ONLY

Unfortunate, but it seems that you skimmed over the info and failed to see where you can clearly play Any Race, Any Faction with the Explorer's Pack. So all of that spiel about DAOC is rendered moot with the pre-order bonus. Whoever was in charge of making the pre-order decisions does not hold your love of "true culture of your own" as tightly as you do.

And here you went and tried to discredit someone's post only to lead yourself into looking foolish. A shame, really.

Originally posted by reeereee
    If this were three days ago I would jump in here and talk about how ESO will do so much better than Wildstar because anyone who wants to play a game like Wildstar is already playing WoW and no game has ever successfully put a dent in WoW.  But now with ESO's naked cash grab I have real doubts about ESO as well, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they both flopped.

Soooooooooo True

But atleast I can go watch Wildstar being played... I ve played ESO, I  think the hybrid skill system is cool but its limited by the amount of skills you can equip. 

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

a month after launch nobody is going to give a shit about pre-orders, most people probably don't give a shit now.

meanwhile, wildstar will continue to have cheesy cartoony graphics, no thanks, not my cup of tea.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

You can't really have a pros and cons discussion about two games that are under NDA.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Elder Scrolls Online

Pros:

Story

Cinematics

Graphics

Exploration

Voice Actors

Cons:

Lack of equipable skills

Lack of information

Wildstar

Pros

PVP leveling whole game

Gameplay looks better

Cons

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

WOWish

Grave yard pvp

Cartoony

WOWish

These are pros not cons imo...and lots of other people...depending on personal taste.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

kinda like your post history... 8)

The best feature WOW had was its UI, so yes that could be a pro for wildstar...

I agree completely, but what ive been told its, guildwars 2 meets WOW... in terms of feel for Wildstar.  Both which were very smooth controls and UI.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

PRO they're both mmos

Con..people here don't know when a game isn't designed for them....wait...that's not the games fault. I can't think of a con...

• CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46

Soooooooooo True

But atleast I can go watch Wildstar being played... I ve played ESO, I  think the hybrid skill system is cool but its limited by the amount of skills you can equip. 

since u have played ESO can u tell us how many skills can u use in combat and how many in wildstar?

Originally posted by Fenia

Soooooooooo True

since u have played ESO can u tell us how many skills can u use in combat and how many in wildstar?

ESO

5 SKills + an ult is on your bar.

Wildstar

21+ bar assignments... +2 PATH Skills (see youtube for explanation on paths)  based on what I can see from twitch.

• CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Fenia

Soooooooooo True

ESO

Wildstar

21+ bar assignments... +2 PATH Skills (see youtube for explanation on paths)  based on what I can see from twitch.

really i will not even bother to answer..make a research and come back to try again pls.

Originally posted by cnutemp

kinda like your post history... 8)

Ofcourse I'm biased, I like ESO what can I say? I'm not the one making a pro and con list tho now am I? 8)

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

I think your missing the big pros of Wildstar.  At least the pros to many that have followed the game for quite sometime.

1.  Difficulty/challenge  Carbine promises to bring back difficulty and challenge to the genre.

2.  Focus on endgame  For the last year Carbine has devoted 50% of their resources to developing endgame content.  They have said their focus is on endgame and they realize that makes or breaks a game.  Unlike most of these modern games that only care about box sales not longterm subs Wildstar is focused on the long term.

3.  40 Man raids  As raiding has gone easy mode the last 10 years Carbine is attempting to bring challenge and real difficulty back to raiding rather than the modern version where everyone wins just for showing up late.

4.  Changing raids  Raids will change weekly to keep guidls on their toes.  Boss X might get his room and enviorment changed next week, or he may get new abilities or new adds.

5.  Layers of content Paths, challenges, combat bonuses for quick kills, adventure, dungeons, group bonuses and so on.

6.  housing system with plugs, for dungeons achievements, utility and so on.  The housing systems looks to be pretty amazing.

7.  Wildstar's focus on appealing to traditional EQ1/Vanguard type veteran older players rather than the younger game hopping audience that many of these modern games reach out for  so they can make quick cash grabs.

In regards to ESO I have nothing bad to say about the game.  I hope it succeeds and I hope Wildstar succeeds as well.  A good game in the Elder Scrolls universe would be amazing.  That being said I have not followed it much.  I read their plans for endgame a year or so ago and it made me think, right or wrong, that endgame was not a focus.  I hope I am wrong about that.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

ESO: Designed for adults

Wildstar: Designed for kids or adults whose favorite channel is Nickelodean.

ESO: Exploration focused quest system. No complete hand holding.

Wildstar: Ridiculous pseudo Explorer Path reminiscent of Ratchet and Clank. Uses a leash to pull you to your next objective.

ESO: Artistry and graphics suitable for an Elder Scrolls Universe.

Wildstar: Artistry and graphics suitable for anyone with a Commodore 64 and higher.

ESO: Story, voice and quest tries to immerse you.

Wildstar: Wall of text similar to WOW to ignore.

ESO: More serious, mature tone.

Wildstar: Goofy tone.

ESO: Action based combat.

Wildstar: Action based but telegraphed dodge the red shapes on the ground combat.

There Is Always Hope!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Fenia Originally posted by TinglySidewinda Originally posted by reeereee If this were three days ago I would jump in here and talk about how ESO will do so much better than Wildstar because anyone who wants to play a game like Wildstar is already playing WoW and no game has ever successfully put a dent in WoW.  But now with ESO's naked cash grab I have real doubts about ESO as well, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they both flopped.
    Soooooooooo True   But atleast I can go watch Wildstar being played... I ve played ESO, I  think the hybrid skill system is cool but its limited by the amount of skills you can equip. 
    ESO

Wildstar

so you didn't know you can weapon swap in ESO like you can in GW2?

Originally posted by keithian

Wildstar: Ridiculous pseudo Explorer Path reminiscent of Ratchet and Clank. Uses a leash to pull you to your next objective.

Wildstar: Artistry and graphics suitable for anyone with a Commodore 64 and higher.

Wildstar: Action based but telegraphed dodge the red shapes on the ground combat.

I believe there are green shapes for heals too? Frickin simon says... no thanks

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by keithian

I believe there are green shapes for heals too? Frickin simon says... no thanks

I didn't know that LOL. Now its REALLY complex hehehe

There Is Always Hope!

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    lol