Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is it too complicated?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

i want start play this game but looks like  too much  complicated

Comments

• Birdy1988Birdy1988 Member Posts: 14

Then don't play it? why shouldn't games be complicated? otherwise we would have nothing but pinnata spanking wow clones... and guild Wars 2 *shudders*.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

There may be some people who enjoy figuring out complicated things and get more joy from accomplishing things when it isn't easy.

• ChipSet91ChipSet91 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by davc123

Try to join an helpful corp. like EVE University (if they still exist)

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    To weed out herp-derp kiddies. Shame more online games do not provide similar complexity experience.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Its actually extremely simplistic on the gameplay side. Though if your talking about the economic side... then yes... it can be a bit more complex then you like. Thats what organizations are for (that and so you can actually accomplish stuff). The ui can confuse you a little but once you figure out what stuff does upgrade wise it pretty much becomes a very casual point and click adventure, just with a LOT of economics thrown in the mix and organization play.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Ingame tutorial these days are very helpful to get you started, sure the tutorial might seems long and tedious for some but I highly recommend you use it and follow it thrue then try to join a corp that are willing to teach rookies.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Eve is a hard / harsh mistress to begin with, but when you first start, do all the tutorial missions, and take it slowly

Eve is unlike almost any other mmo its not a race, take your time learn the basics, then things will click into gear, yes you will make mistakes, but with them mistakes will come important lessons. Learn from them

Then when / if you feel comftable look at joining a training corp, something like Eve University  they will teach you the finer points of this mistress

But last point, if you want to play it, try it, what you have to lose, nb in my auto signature is a link to sign up, you get extra days + if you do sub ill throw a few hundred million isk your way, that is enough to last a few mistakes :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

You will be flamed but I get your question. EVE is a mature game with over a decade of additions. It grew to be very complex which some people love and some people despise. That is the only answer = its age. To be able to survive in the world EVE had to add a bunch of stuff for existing players like poses, outposts, invention, manufacturing of t2, t3 ships blah blah blah.

Eventually you can guess where this leads, EVE will become a game for the old elite and new ones will stop coming. When... no clue.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71

Actually it's been dumbed down since 2008. So all you have to do is wait for a few more expansions and then you'll be able to play.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I too find the game much complicated ... such difficult... wow... filled with hard. -Doge

Seriously though, Eve ain't for everyone, including me, I find it akin to a statistics quiz and don't see the fun in it.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Evgireon

Actually it's been dumbed down since 2008. So all you have to do is wait for a few more expansions and then you'll be able to play.

More accessable <> dumbed down

Information that was hidden before you can now see. That is not dumbing down, though it does make the game less hard. The mechanics are the same though.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    EVE is complex compared to most games. Some people enjoy it. Obviously, it's too complicated for you and many other game players based on how many try it and quit. That doesn't mean it should change as not every game should be made to please everyone. Being niche is alright. Regretfully, it wasn't for me as I couldn't progress at my own pace but rather had to wait on an artificial time progression to skill that they controlled. Skill training is about the only characteristic integral to the actual design that makes it worth a subscription fee.
  • AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    It's not too complicated. The tutorials do a good job of explaining many of the different activities and professions. Then there are plenty of guides online for everything. I was actually surprised when I started playing Eve, because it was far less complicated than I was led to believe. Just put in some time and effort and before you know it you will be a competent capsuleer.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The game isn't complicated at all, I do mostly Economics in EVE so basically I understand how to make profit.

As a Total Newbie to EVE without using multiple accounts your problem is going to be getting enough ISK to train into Tier 1 mining ships, and then mine enough to build a battle ship and do PVP considering your going into PVP combat and have a CORP that does PVP and all that.

Missions a very boring I hate doing them no point go here do this turn this in done, I prefer EVE for the Pirate/Ganking, and PVP/Mining.

First problem you have outside of the box with a single account is ISK and ships you have to make almost 50 MIL at least for a t1 mining ship, then you have to worry about getting ganked and loosing it next ship you should go for is a SKIFF build it tank so it can't get ganked in High Sec, Go mine ice solo without having to worry about being ganked.

Problem there is getting the 400+ Million for the Fit/Build I use.

So basically you are going to have to put Money into buying Plex to obtain the ISK you need to start or have a friend help you.

The game is otherwise Easy, but Meh I want to play Star Citizen already I think it might beat EVE.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Spiider

You will be flamed but I get your question. EVE is a mature game with over a decade of additions. It grew to be very complex which some people love and some people despise. That is the only answer = its age. To be able to survive in the world EVE had to add a bunch of stuff for existing players like poses, outposts, invention, manufacturing of t2, t3 ships blah blah blah.

Eventually you can guess where this leads, EVE will become a game for the old elite and new ones will stop coming. When... no clue.

This gamer has obviously no clue how to play EVE except posting in chat "what is the FOTM ship I should use?" and just follow the leader's orders on comms when to press F1 F2 F3.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I got a few friends from real life to play EVE over time; but, one of them had an anxiety attack after about 15 minutes of playing.  It was such an information overload for him, he couldn't handle it at all.  He had anxiety problems already, so maybe it was a bad idea to introduce him to the game.  lol
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Do not confuse complicated with convoluted.

Due to the age of the game and the build systems, there are established hard rules and rigidity in EVE that expose the lack of complicated.

Think of EVE as an apple tree. There are a lot of apples on the tree but very few of them are ripe.  When you ignore all the green apples and look for the ripe ones, you begin to see there really aren't that many there. That's pretty much how EVE is. Most of the choices aren't really choices at all. They are just green apples.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Think of it like a endless stream of content, you'r enever done learning, unlike certain other games where you see all content and reach your peak in 1 day.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its too mature hence too complex for new starters. 10 years old and more.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• VendakuVendaku Member Posts: 77
    It isn't that Eve is too complicated. There is simply A LOT of information to take in when you're a newcomer. 
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I'd suggest trying the free trial and seeing if it is to complicated for you.  But like others have said do the tutorials and it shouldn't be.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

The game is as complicated as you make it. Decide what you want to do, research what skills you need to do it and go for it. If you get stuck ask in the help channel or join a guild that helps new starters. Cake.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    I have tried and failed 4 times to play Eve up to now .... I don't blame the game though , I guess I'm just stupid , the sad thing is I love the look and feel of the interface /UI and would really love to get my head around it , but never mind I'll be retiring soon so I will give it another go then. :)
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

Why want start play complicated game when you no like complicated?

Originally posted by summitus
    I have tried and failed 4 times to play Eve up to now .... I don't blame the game though , I guess I'm just stupid , the sad thing is I love the look and feel of the interface /UI and would really love to get my head around it , but never mind I'll be retiring soon so I will give it another go then. :)

In general, not being able to deal with the UI is what keeps people away. If you can get past that, you can get sucked in. The best thing to do is find a player corp and jump in. I've never belonged to them, but Brave Newbies are good guys in that they're always willing to undock and fight, and I think they're a good place for newer players to learn about everything, pvp as well as the making isk that you just get from highsec mission running or mining corps.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

You will see a lot of posts building the game up as 'the' mature game, the intellectual players game and such, but all in all it is no more complicated than most other games out there once you get in to it and find your niche. There is a fairly shiny looking interface with a lot of choices, but like anything else, that is just a matter of becoming familiar with the bits that you use.

It is going back a bit now but i had two accounts for a while which was useful and i built up a fairly profitable business selling shuttles in 0.0 space as well as other manufacturing. One thing to bear in mind with this game though is that it will suck a HUGE amount of time out of your life if you get in to it, this is no 'quick fix' duck in and duck out type of game, running a simple mining operation with your corp could take several hours on it's own, so if you are going to get in to it, keep your diary clear.

The one thing that this game also has though is a real sense of danger compared to most others and it is one of the few games that can get your adrenalin to kick in as you are waiting to see what is on the other side of the jump you just made. As someone else already said, jump in on the trial and give it a go, you have nothing to lose.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.