Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

POLL: Now that you know the deal, what are your purchase plans for ESO?

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Puyallup, WAPosts: 2,198Member
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Lets say the cash shop sold 7 out of 10 races and every faction got 1 race to choose from (Argonian, High Elf, Orsimer). Now lets say that I want to play an Argonian. I think it would make sense that poeple would be upset if those other races were in a cash shop in a sub based game even if they didn't actually want to play them. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect all 10 Elder Scrolls races from a box + sub game without having to go to a cash shop and spend $20 for a race.

Personally, I don't think it ever makes sense to be upset by something that doesn't impact you.  The people who are impacted can express their feelings all on their own, they don't need the help.

Originally posted by SlyLoK
    I loved my time in the beta so I already preordered the digital imperial edition.. I really wanted the boxed CE but I decided I didnt need it even though the box and artbook would be amazing to have.

Only twenty bucks more.  Come on, you know you want that statue.  I lucked out, I had enough Best Buy reward certificates to basically get it for free.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,495Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

Lets say the cash shop sold 7 out of 10 races and every faction got 1 race to choose from (Argonian, High Elf, Orsimer). Now lets say that I want to play an Argonian. I think it would make sense that poeple would be upset if those other races were in a cash shop in a sub based game even if they didn't actually want to play them. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect all 10 Elder Scrolls races from a box + sub game without having to go to a cash shop and spend $20 for a race.

Personally, I don't think it ever makes sense to be upset by something that doesn't impact you.  The people who are impacted can express their feelings all on their own, they don't need the help.

That line of thinking is not one that I agree with so we just disagree. I think that in an Elder Scrolls game that has a box price and a sub, people should have access to all 10 races.

Besides that, I don't think there is anything special about a sub game that says they can't charge extra in a cash shop, but I think that charging extra for a race is over the top. It just comes down to a difference of opinion at some point.

• tyrsontyrson edmonton, ABPosts: 34Member

Payday Friday, even thou I'm getting CE, I really hope Imp's DON'T have balance breaking racial adds, buying for the "unique" of the offering not to be OP'ed.

My understanding is only pre-order get the option  of any Race/Faction.

Or I'm I miss understanding that.

I can see Imperial being offered separately after launch. I mean other then being able to play any faction and racial adds are not balance breaking, cool looking Armour. They really have no "home" as it were, okay the place were everyone's fighting over,  no story line as I understand it and are the perennial outsiders.

As to price and pricing, they as a private company have the right to ask what ever they want of what ever they want. The market(us) will bear what it bears, if they price themselves out of the market, they only have themselves to blame.

• wazaapwazaap copenhagenPosts: 19Member Common

I tried the beta and loved it. So im going to buy the game, no doubt.

Im not going to buy the Imperial Edition. I ive tried buying special editions before and realised that, they dont make me enjoy the game any more than the regular version does.

So why dont i preorder it? Well, i enjoy playing on my PS4 and i have only tried ESO on my PC. So im hoping for a PS4 trial version so i can compare, before i buy :-)

That line of thinking is not one that I agree with so we just disagree. I think that in an Elder Scrolls game that has a box price and a sub, people should have access to all 10 races. 

Besides that, I don't think there is anything special about a sub game that says they can't charge extra in a cash shop, but I think that charging extra for a race is over the top. It just comes down to a difference of opinion at some point.

Perfectly fair.  If everyone agreed about everything the world would be a boring place.  The important thing is to disagree in a civil manner, as is the case here.

The Force shall free me.

• HusvikHusvik Somewhere, ONPosts: 440Member

I'm going to go back a read through this thread, only throwing my 2 cents in here:

My eldest boy finally got into beta!!!! Long story short this was huge for him, seems he ended up getting two invites through all his antics.... and he gave the other beta invite to.................. not me.... lol anyone who may remember the history of this well, anyway he gave it to his little bro, who yeah isn't that little anymore and they disappeared for 2 days.

I didn't play and only checked in on them here and there to have a peak, my thoughts from a distance 'meh' remember i did not play. They on the other hand literally disappeared for two days that weekend, they had a blast.

The eldest held right in until the server was shutoff, his overall assessment "They nailed it!"

But.... Since then no talk about ESO anymore, completely off his radar.

I doubt very much i'm going to get in at full pop for this, but if he still wants to, he can take this journey with his bro.

• HellidolHellidol TACOMA, WAPosts: 405Member Uncommon
    can someone recommend a website like this without the overly doom and gloom attitude this one has?

Originally posted by Hellidol
    can someone recommend a website like this without the overly doom and gloom attitude this one has?

Good luck with that.

The Force shall free me.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon

If you mean just for ESO, then the Tamriel Foundry. People still disagree there but they're relatively less crazy.

If you mean a place to discuss all MMOs then good luck with that.

• skyline385skyline385 BangalorePosts: 564Member
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

Good luck with that.

Yea, all this basically comes with the MMO community no matter where you go. I sometimes hate that i play games having a community as awful as MMOs do.

• fs23otmfs23otm Winter Haven, FLPosts: 292Member Uncommon

I have been a member of this forum forever.... and it is one of the worst Negative Nancy communities ever. That being said, it is the only site that really has information on MMO in general. 

I tend to dodge the forums for the most part, but on occasion get crit, and pulled down into the chaos.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t PhoenixPosts: 606Member Uncommon
    I'm still not buying it.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• RaidonnRaidonn Appleton, WIPosts: 10Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fs23otm

I have been a member of this forum forever.... and it is one of the worst Negative Nancy communities ever. That being said, it is the only site that really has information on MMO in general. 

I tend to dodge the forums for the most part, but on occasion get crit, and pulled down into the chaos.

So true about this site., but I like reading forums and all the $#@! people whine about to get a good laugh. I buy almost all games that come out to try them for myself.

I have alrdy order my imperial copy and can't wait to jump right into this game.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ruien

I pre-ordered the digital Imp edition. I am really happy about it as well. The price is inline with other digital deluxe offers from other games and I think i am getting my money's worth.

The very best thing about it tho is, I wont be playing with most of the people from this site going by your poll. That alone would have made me throw money at the game. It being a sub game is another reason.

Come on, guys. Lets crucify him...or something.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• AratakiArataki Chicago, ILPosts: 239Member Uncommon
    Buying. Intended on just a regular version but I am a sucker for physical game books, statues and goodies.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHPosts: 2,356MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

I pre-ordered the boxed Imperial Edition. If Bethesda sends me one for review, I'll likely run a contest here for it.

• PyatraPyatra Kansas City, KSPosts: 644Member
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

As I already said, I do not post on forums of games I do not play. Never have, and it won't start here. I'm still in the closed beta, I'm still hoping (thanks to my feedback and many other's) that they will change some decisions both design and pre-order wise so that I can buy this game without feeling like I'm giving encouragement to a new level of money grab attempt in the genre. I'm a huge ES fan and I don't give up that easily.

But once the game is released, if I do not buy, you won't see me here again (unless I buy the game later if they finally change things). I'm not like those guys who are still on GW2 forums 1.5 year after they stopped playing the game.

Until then, I've all right to express my feelings, and I will do so. If some people can't take a less positive view of their future-ex favorite game, they may just use the forum block feature.

'nuff said.

What?  How do you know "many" have feedback like yours?  Did you hack their surveys?  Oh wait you are using that scientific poll agin aren't you?

You are 100% right you have every right to express YOUR opinion.  The issue is you always lump YOUR opinion with saying "many" .  

Nope, my friend. I just also have access to the closed beta forums.

NDA won't allow me to tell you more, of course.

Yep so do I my friend.

NDA won't allow me to tell you more, sorry.

Beta forums are closed when not in beta, its says that much on the public side login page before you even try to login... I think you two need a time out.

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 summerville, GAPosts: 147Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

I pre-ordered the boxed Imperial Edition. If Bethesda sends me one for review, I'll likely run a contest here for it.

Buys 20 Wonka bars!

• curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fs23otm

Definitely the best games related forum i found. Every other was overcrowded with fanboys of one thing or another and thus was worthless to me. Here i can find opinions from fanboys, haters and people in between, which makes it the best sorce of information.

• KuinnKuinn MestaPosts: 2,093Member

Seems like the game is going to sell like cake.

I have no doubt there's also those who answer "not going to buy" because they are upset with the preorder/imperial "controversy" and they want to protest, but if they were going to buy the game in the first place, they still will, there's no doubt about that.

Sure there will be few knights with iron will, but people who planned to play will do so, and the numbers will get bigger the closer to launch we get, afterall we havent got a chance to start in a fresh big name mmorpg for a while.

• saurus123saurus123 nonePosts: 567Member Uncommon

my purchase plans are

"Sorry, your cart contains an item which you cannot purchase at your location. Please remove the item to checkout."

:D

Originally posted by cura

Definitely the best games related forum i found. Every other was overcrowded with fanboys of one thing or another and thus was worthless to me. Here i can find opinions from fanboys, haters and people in between, which makes it the best sorce of information.

It does have a mix, but a lot of the time it feels like a mix that is tilted toward the semi-pro hater who despises almost every game.

The Force shall free me.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Montreal, QCPosts: 599Member Uncommon

15% out of the 32% that say wont buying it .will

they only acting tuff on the internet

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Macros 7Posts: 374Member

Standard edition or not pre-ordering at all

what Zenmimax did made me distrust them quite a lot, i need to see more commitment from them on the future contents and PvP contents.

• TinglySidewindaTinglySidewinda Beaverbank, NSPosts: 21Member

For me it comes down to ESO vs Wildstar

at current time Id rather play wildstar...