Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do You Even Want to be an Imperial?

BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

This is not a thread where I am arguing the good/bad of selling Imperial people/crafting access. This is geared towards the penny pinchers or those who are cautious about what they are willing to invest into the game until they play more.

It seems to me that many are getting the Imperial Edition without actually asking themselves if they want to be an imperial. Note that almost all other Imperial Edition benefits are geared towards Imperial players. You get a white Imperial horse and Imperial cosmetics while crafting. Beyond that there is the mudcrab and the rings of Mara.

While the rings of Mara sound cool because of their lore implications, I am willing to bet that there will be not much to them. Something along the lines of choosing a friend and right clicking an item. I doubt there will be a temple quest or anything of that sort, as xp boosts are fairly common with CE's and this is how they have historically went down.

So if you are considering the Imperial Edition, really do consider it. You can upgrade your edition once April 4th roles around, as stated in the official FAQ.

Comments

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    No but I want to able to craft Imperial armors ... removing  them from access for other players to craft it's ridiculous considering that other players buy BOX  and Subscription . Slightly I'm moving towards  not buying this game at all.
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    I'm actually thinking about it. I have never sided with the Imperial. I have always been the consomate underdog hero. Maybe its time for a view from the vast Imperial Legions. Time will tell. I expect more "Packs" to be revealed with some other goodies so I maybe spending my $$ on something else.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Of course not.  I'm an Argonian through and through.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

No I do not.

I did buy the Imperial Deluxe Edition though.

Games do this all the time when they sell a collector's edition.

You would complain just as much if they just made everyone pay $65 or $70 to make up the loss and gave everyone the same option.  Probably even more because you would be paying more.

Just because you do not want to or are unable to spend $20 more, there is no need to be cry babies about it. 

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Gilllean
    No but I want to able to craft Imperial armors ... removing  them from access for other players to craft it's ridiculous considering that other players buy BOX  and Subscription . Slightly I'm moving towards  not buying this game at all.

Well I think its a smart move. You logically would only be creating Imperial items if you were an imperial blacksmith. Why not keep some realism in the game. Just because you are paying for a game doesn't mean you should through all "rules" out the window. It will help for peoples immersion when seeing Imperial gear, to know exactly where they stand. I for one like it.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Sawlstone

Well I think its a smart move. You logically would only be creating Imperial items if you were an imperial blacksmith. Why not keep some realism in the game. Just because you are paying for a game doesn't mean you should through all "rules" out the window. It will help for peoples immersion when seeing Imperial gear, to know exactly where they stand. I for one like it.

That would be logical if it weren't for the fact that you can craft the styles of all the other races.

It's bad practice to make everyone believe a race isn't in the game, only to then lock it to collector's edition only.

I'm even more pissed about the pre-order "any race for any alliance" thing though.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    I probably wouldve since I do not like the other human races, except Breton but im not making a caster so their racials arent very good. Not buying the CE though ... they can go **** themselves with that bonus and the pre-order one. And with this train of though, I doubt I ever will.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by DeanGrey

This is not a thread where I am arguing the good/bad of selling Imperial people/crafting access. This is geared towards the penny pinchers or those who are cautious about what they are willing to invest into the game until they play more.

It seems to me that many are getting the Imperial Edition without actually asking themselves if they want to be an imperial. Note that almost all other Imperial Edition benefits are geared towards Imperial players. You get a white Imperial horse and Imperial cosmetics while crafting. Beyond that there is the mudcrab and the rings of Mara.

While the rings of Mara sound cool because of their lore implications, I am willing to bet that there will be not much to them. Something along the lines of choosing a friend and right clicking an item. I doubt there will be a temple quest or anything of that sort, as xp boosts are fairly common with CE's and this is how they have historically went down.

So if you are considering the Imperial Edition, really do consider it. You can upgrade your edition once April 4th roles around, as stated in the official FAQ.

Only reason I bought it was for the statue.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Betaguy

It was the mudcrab that did it for me. A pet you can eat if push comes to shove? win/win.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Betaguy

It was the mudcrab that did it for me. A pet you can eat if push comes to shove? win/win.

Hrrrrmmmm, you sure it wasn't in case you get lonely in the forest at night, something to cuddle up to... ;)

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Has it said, anywhere, that the only way to get the Imperial crafting style is from the Imperial Edition?  Is it not entirely possible that the IE simply gives you the style at level one, as an alternative to an already existing way to find/learn it in game?

And I fully plan to play an Imp for my main.  The previous lack of their presence was the game's one major disappointment for me.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

I identify most strongly with the Dunmer.   Perhaps a bit with the Bretons.

Not being able to play an Imperial would still be a loss for me, only in that I feel TES = freedom and  the more freedom the better.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

excuse me for asking this, but what exactly is the advantage of being an Imperial character?

i am not an ES player, but from what i know through google, Imperial are some sort of a large force in the ES world, so does being an Imperial means you will have like more advantage in the world?

Thanks before..

So What Now?

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by TweFoju

excuse me for asking this, but what exactly is the advantage of being an Imperial character?

i am not an ES player, but from what i know through google, Imperial are some sort of a large force in the ES world, so does being an Imperial means you will have like more advantage in the world?

Thanks before..

You will have a slightly different passive skill line and different looking armor.  That's about it, some people want them simply because that's what they normally play in the ES games.  Not much but given all the other perks and the mount, its worth the $20 in my opinion.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

No but my friend was super excited and this got him off the fence.  His first Morrowind character was Imperial and he had been pretty disappointed that they wouldn't be in ESO.  I was trying to convince him to join me as a Dunmer but he was like "meh" but now he is bringing his old Imperial character back for ESO.

Good to know people who play primarily Imperial won't be left out of the cold any more, even if they need to pay a little extra to play their favorite race.

• BroshiBroshi Member Posts: 8

I may end up playing Imperial eventually.

I do like that they're are making it possible to be any race in any faction. Elder Scrolls has never had such concrete lines of who can join who and the fact that they were going to bar certain races from certain factions was a down point imo. It makes sense that not everyone in a race would agree with one faction. There would be divisions in ideals and the peoples of different races would migrate to different factions for various reasons.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I prefer races other than human. High Elves and Orcs are at the top of my list.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Elder Scrolls is an interesting series for me.  Dark Elves are normally my favorite race in games that have them, but Dunmer culture just doesn't do it for me, on any level.  I am also not really into the tribal vibe (with the sole exception of Norrathian Trolls) so that rules out Argonian, Khajit, and Orc.  Add on to that, I find the Altmer to generally be extremely obnoxious, and the Bosmer to be little more than a pointy-eared version of the beast races.  So I end up as one of the humans not out of any particular love of playing humans, but because of my distaste for the particular non-human options in the setting.

That said, out of the humans Imperial is my favorite by a strong margin.  In past games they have had the bonuses which mesh best with my play style (out of the human options) and they are culturally superior in every way. ;)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Elder Scrolls is an interesting series for me.  Dark Elves are normally my favorite race in games that have them, but Dunmer culture just doesn't do it for me, on any level.  I am also not really into the tribal vibe (with the sole exception of Norrathian Trolls) so that rules out Argonian, Khajit, and Orc.  Add on to that, I find the Altmer to generally be extremely obnoxious, and the Bosmer to be little more than a pointy-eared version of the beast races.  So I end up as one of the humans not out of any particular love of playing humans, but because of my distaste for the particular non-human options in the setting.

That said, out of the humans Imperial is my favorite by a strong margin.  In past games they have had the bonuses which mesh best with my play style (out of the human options) and they are culturally superior in every way. ;)

You have some of the races pegged correctly and some not. You might enjoy the Elder Scrolls Lore Series on Youtube.