Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: 'War of the Light Part 1' DLC Livestream -- TODAY!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Our very own Rob 'Grakulen' Lashley will be joined today by DC Universe Online creative director Jens Andersen for a livestream walkthrough of DCUO's latest DLC, 'War of the Light Part 1'.

We're set to go live at 6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT, so don't forget to tune in!

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Oh how I've missed the mmorpg live interviews! Sadly I don't think I'll catch it live though

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Next Monday is Eldevin and the week after is Pathfinder.
  • jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31

Love this game

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

I keep coming back to this game. Back from SWTOR, back from GW2, back from TES, RIFT, Tera,...

It's just simply FUN, so keep coming with those DLCs!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I think you're not alone with this coming backs, yesterday I logged in to check around (and to grab my anniversary painting :) ) and there was a queue even for legendary players - ok, just a couple seconds, but still. And it was 10-15 sec for premiums.

USPC, late afternoon here (around 10am over there), so not even prime time. Sadly we don't have the Legends Plan offer...

Yes I have noticed the population growing lately. I used to play on USPC, but since I'm from EU I rerolled to EUPC (due to high ping on US servers) and the population right now is larger than a year ago, when I was checking the EU server. So that's really nice to see when you're a fan of the game. :)

Granted tho, USPC has larger population than EUPC, especially at US prime time, but EUPC ain't as low as some people seem to think... And as EU player I don't get to see US prime time anyway :)

Eu player as well, that's why I noted we don't have the Legend Plan here under P7S1 :)

I stayed on USPC after the transition, since I don't play that massively that the ping increase harm my enjoyment (quite the opposite with LotRO and AoC, in there I hated the increased ping after the transfer... but with them I had multiple years of play in my fingers, so it was much more disturbing).

Last time I checked EUPC it was pretty empty, maybe it's time to check again... But switching is a bit annoying, since the launcher needs to update itself with every server switch.

Yes, about the launcher - I only experienced lengthy launcher update when switching only the first time I did it. If I decide to log onto US server now, the update takes only about 10 seconds...

What I noticed about the population is that in Hall Of Doom on US server people hang out in PvP phase, while on EU they hang out in PvE phase, so If one only checks only pvp phase in HQ, EU seems pretty sad...

Too bad tho, I wish more players on EUPC hanged out in pvp phase, because imo pvp phase in open world is how DCUO was meant to be played :)

True, if you switch in the launcher frequently, then it's below 1 min, it's just replacing a few files. But for some reason after every bigger update it seems you need to download the new content for both sides if you switch the server... (edit: after that, it's only <1min again)

In the matter of pvp, I wouldn't be much help, I play on pve both in USPC and in EUPC. Probably that's why the additional lag don't affect me, I've been involved maybe 5-10 times in pvp in all the years the game is on. Besides Legends, of course. Legends is fun. "Revving up the Harley" :)

Yes, I agree, if you're a PvE player the additional ping really isn't a problem. Me and my friend play atleast 10 matches of Legends every day and the difference in PvP is quite notable... Especially when you're up against a player that knows to punish your slow reactions.

Depends tho, I think people from GB, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, etc. have decent ping on US server too, so they might not be affected by ping as much as I am...